Judgement Day [ OOC/Interest Thread]

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Judgement Day

It was an ordinary day when it happened. Lots of folk were confused when it happened before it turned into primal glee. Everyone insisted that they'd be the 2% that would survive in a zombie apocalypse and lots of media insisted that it was possible. They kept pace and outran the Zeds as quick as could be. They teamed up and thought it was possible. However, the Zeds reminded the living that it was all fiction. Zeds had spawned from a virus that was capable of evolving to suit its needs. Fast, slow, and into unspeakable monsters. If only this life was as simple as those Romero flicks and Kirkman books.

Setting: Judgement Day (AKA: Day 0) . You are unaware of what is going on and what is to come. Consider this a typical slice of life that will rapidly devolve into survival.

Name: (Please put your name here. Odd names and nicknames are acceptable.)
Age: (How old you are? The age range is from 10 to 80. )
Appearance: (Describe your character's appearance. How they look, birthmarks, scars, clothing style.)
Personality: (Describe your character's personality. This doesn't have to be very detailed, just enough to get an idea of your character.)
Brief Life History: ( Give me the skinny on your character before Judgement Day.)
Personal Memento: (Everyone has a memento. It could be a wedding ring, your parent's old school ring, a toy from when you were a child. What is it and do they still have it?)
Misc: (Any sort of trivia about your character)

Stats: (Shamelessly stolen from Fallout. It's a nice little system that I want to involve. You will have a total of 80 points to distribute. I'll be rolling d20's during these checks to figure out how successful you are. If the outcome is equal to or under the stat, then it will be a success. If it's above, it will be a failure. [1 Min, 20 Max] )
Strength: (A measure of your raw physical strength.)
Perception: ( How well you use your five senses, and also pertains to a "sixth sense".)
Endurance: ( Your health and overall physical fitness.)
Charisma: (Your overall attractiveness and likeability.)
Intelligence: (Your basic intellect, curiosity in the world and adeptness at critical thinking.)
Agility: ( A measure of your quickness and dexterity.)
Luck: (How often good things happen to you by chance.)

Character Sheet
Code:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Brief Life History:
Personal Memento:
Misc:

Stats:
Strength:
Perception:
Endurance:
Charisma:
Intelligence:
Agility:
Luck:

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I normally don't like this kind of stuff, but you'll probably do something cool with it. I have some ideas for a character, but I want to sit on them a bit so I can polish it.

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
Name: Joshua Zeilas (pronounced Zellas)

Appearance: 5'9", long, curly blond hair, blue eyes, pale skin, lightly muscled. Usually wears black clothes, specifically a long black hooded sweater, usually left unzipped. Wears a pair of black hiking shoes everywhere he goes.

Personality: Sarcastic, somewhat silly among friends, somewhat quiet around strangers. Usually self-assured.

Brief Life History: Joshua was born to middle-class parents in a small suburb of [TOWNNAME]. He grew up gifted, and while he wasn't too much of a stuck-up twit thanks to his upbringing, he didn't know how to work hard for much of his life. He was a good reader from an early age, and spent much of his free time reading and playing games, particularly enjoying fantasy.
In middle school, there was a shooting incident at Josh's school, and although he wasn't involved with the incident, he is still occasionally haunted by the sounds of gunshots. As such, he has an aversion to firearms. However, he began taking martial arts lessons soon after, and although he wasn't particularly gifted at fighting, he did pick up some measure of skill.
During his senior year he finally ran into a wall that his natural gifts couldn't help him through, and nearly failed two classes before learning to work. With that lesson in mind, Joshua recently started college in [TOWNNAME].

Personal Memento: An "amulet" from several years ago. Just a pretty-looking, blue marble stuck into the middle of a polished washer. It's glued in, so it won't fall out. Kept on hand as a lucky charm of sorts. Also, has a golden "rune" inscribed on it. Looks pretty good for the work of a twelve-year-old.

Misc: Decently skilled at karate, minor experience with archery, hikes for fun and has some basic survival skills (cooking, firestarting, etc).

Stats:
Strength: 6
Perception: 15
Endurance: 10
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 18
Agility: 15
Luck: 8

I'LL FINISH THIS LATER.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Name: Annabelle Hastings

Appearance:
A skinny little brat with shoulder-length, straw-colored hair, bright blue eyes, and a face that seems always to be scowling in disapproval. Dressed in a loose-fitting set of hot pink pajamas with little yellow cartoon ducks all over.

Personality:
Incredibly annoying, stuck-up, and generally bratty. A typical petty child, and the sort of person who's also a last-word freak. She's also actually quite a clever child, too, which of course just makes it so much worse.

Brief Life History:
Annabelle's always been an ill-behaved child. Maybe this has something to do with being spoiled by wealthy parents who preferred paying somebody else to raise her, as opposed to simply putting in the time themselves until, one day, they inevitably reached the breaking point and resorted to physically beating some sort of respect, good manners, and general discipline into her. In any case, she spent her first few years after learning to speak by using that power to drive a succession of hardworking, impoverished nannies into inevitably quitting the job, (despite how much they typically very much needed the extra paycheck), before finally being shipped upstate to the prestigious St. George's Junior Academy for Young Women. From Maxwell and Elizabeth Hastings' point of view, this was a great success, since the nuns at the academy greatly (and arguably, rather sinfully) prided themselves on their ability to handle any child-shaped disciplinary problem, and so the parents hardly ever received any complaints about little Annie anymore (except for that one time, that is, when they rather indignantly refused to fill out the parental consent form for an exorcism). This did not mean that the girl ever started behaving any better, of course - perhaps the Jesuit predecessors of the school staff would have been well and truly capable of reforming such a nasty little child, (especially if they'd actually gone through with the exorcism), but modern regulations limited their options to only so many slaps with a ruler as not to leave any lasting marks, lots of withheld meals, and lengthy time-outs that were nominally meant to be spent in study or prayer, but in practice, of course, were not.

It never occurred to the nuns, mind you, that even if she were to try to reform her nature, a child who'd earned as much of the hatred of her classmates as Annabelle had was better off spending her free time alone than in their company. This had occurred to Annabelle, of course, and thereafter she never even considered trying to reform at all. The result was that her stubborn nature simply hardened like teak, adjusting to weather through a new normative cycle of crime and punishment, until she was spending hardly any time outside of time-out at all. This was a better arrangement for all concerned, though of course, the administrators would only admit to it in the privacy of their own thoughts. By leaving her homework in the room with her, the nuns found that she would often end up actually completing it after an hour or two of accumulating boredom. Sometimes, one of them would even take a little pity and give her a book to read when she was done, albeit typically chosen from a library shelf at random (it was strictly theology at first, but the nuns quickly realized that she was getting to be far more dangerously knowledgeable in this area than such a cleverly malicious mind should rightly be allowed), which suited Annabelle just fine. She was fine with reading books, especially if she had a pencil laying around to write mean little notes in the margins with. And anyway, she wasn't entirely alone - she had Ursie to keep her company. They'd tried taking him away as a means of punishment, once. She went on a hunger strike for nearly three full days before the headmistress found out what was going on, put an end to it, and visited upon the responsible parties such a brutal and complete retribution that the incident was never even spoken of again, let alone repeated.

Personal Memento: An old, stuffed teddy bear nearly half her size, with one of the eyes missing. This is her fault. One of the ears is halfway chewed off as well, which is also her fault. (To be fair, though, she stopped habitually chewing on Ursie when she was, like, ten.)

Misc:
TBA

Stats:
Strength: 2
Perception: 20
Endurance: 4
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 20
Agility: 11
Luck: 20

Back to finish up later.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Mega-Super-Doctor Maxwell Minlow was often known to say: "I've been unlucky since birth. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to be born an incredibly fit, strong, and beautiful super-genius. Unfortunately, I'm still a total klutz."

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Name: Yu San
Appearance: Standing at 5’3’ Yu is a light skinned lady with black hair and brown eyes. She has an Asian appearance. She has an average build and likes to wear simple clothes. Her body is very nimble. She often wears shirts with diagonal checker patterns of various colours.
Personality: A cheerful, capricious and friendly person. She isn’t very direct and often times gets carried away with being silly. Yu cannot handle pressure well and she cannot concentrate while panicking. She can be a hard worker when she puts in effort and determination. She is not very good at reading people but she can tell the mood easily. She is a witty person, but is bad at expressing herself. Over the years she has developed a mild inferiority complex. Sometimes she struggles to feel useful or have self-confidence. Her mindset is very pragmatic and philosophical.
Brief Life History: Yu grew up in [Insert town name here] from a young age. Growing up she wasn’t able to make many friends, but the ones she made were very close. She lives by herself in a small apartment. A top performer in school, she chose not to pursue additional education and went into the work force. She currently works as a chef in a nice noodle restaurant. Yu has considered finding an apprenticeship in metalworking, but is still undecided.
Personal Memento: A very sturdy purple umbrella. It appears rather mundane, but is rather sturdy after years of use and reinforcement. Yu takes it everywhere with her in case of a rainy day. It was given to her by a friend many years back as a gift from an old shop. She often goes out for walks in the rain with it.
Misc: Hobbies include: Cooking, reading, observing wild creatures, drawing and playing the erhu. Areas of interest: Astrology, Metalworking, Physics and Chemistry.

Stats:
Strength: 7
Perception: 15
Endurance: 8
Charisma: 10
Intelligence: 13
Agility: 17
Luck: 10

Is there anything glaringly bad with my character? I've been doing a trend of "loner" and bordering "dark and edgy" characters recently so I wanted to try something different.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So sorry about the double post but this is a slow forum site anyways. So what is the general gist of this rp(general info about setting, goals etc.)? You don't exactly have a lot of info in the op.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
You are still being quite vague about it. Any other details? Well I suppose it doesn't matter if no one fills out a character sheet.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
You are still being quite vague about it. Any other details? Well I suppose it doesn't matter if no one fills out a character sheet.
I kinda want more background information before I write anything much.
Christ, so fussy.

Judgement Day

It was an ordinary day when it happened. Lots of folk were confused when it happened before it turned into primal glee. Everyone insisted that they'd be the 2% that would survive in a zombie apocalypse and lots of media insisted that it was possible. They kept pace and outran the Zeds as quick as could be. They teamed up and thought it was possible. However, the Zeds reminded the living that it was all fiction. Zeds had spawned from a virus that was capable of evolving to suit its needs. Fast, slow, and into unspeakable monsters. If only this life was as simple as those Romero flicks and Kirkman books.

Setting: Judgement Day (AKA: Day 0) . You are unaware of what is going on and what is to come. Consider this a typical slice of life that will rapidly devolve into survival.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Christ, so fussy.

Judgement Day

Zeds? So are these closer to killing floor zombies, or traditional brain eating zombies? Or are they just infected people, that are just infected people but still people.

Top Bottom