Maelstrom's Hearthstone CHALLENGE CUP

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Any updates on this? Have yall started and/or streamed any games?
Alright, boyos, we've got a pretty full roster and it's been a while since the announcement, so we (I) better get crackin'. The tournament will be roughly a week from now during the first weekend of November (I'm gonna spend next week gauging everyone's availability; free up your schedules!). Last call for sign-ups will probably happen this Sunday.

I'll also be posting the rulesets for both the first and final round (vs. me!) soon.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I expect to be available on Saturday. I won't be available Sunday. Friday afternoon should be alright for me; Friday evening likely won't be.

Maelstrom

Okay, sign-ups are closing tonight, ~10:00 PM PST! After that, I'll post the rulesets for both the first and final round.

Match-ups will be posted later in the week. Stay tuned!

P. S. For those of you who haven't noticed, the prizes have been updated! Second place now gets $20 of Steam stuff and third place gets $5 (Grand Prize hasn't been changed except for the addition of a site trophy). Big ups to AndyM03 for making this possible.

Maelstrom

The promised time has both come and gone, friends! And now, the long-awaited-and-surprisingly-boring rulesets for the first round and last round! Also, introducing Redemption Rounds, because something-something ten people.

First Round: Build a deck with only Basic cards and five common cards from any Standard set (excluding Adventures). For this round, Mage is banned. A deadline for decklist submissions will be posted; get ready to be pestered on Battle.net!
Redemption Round: Time to fully embrace the RNG! Once match-ups for the first round are posted, send me a message on who you think the winners will be (excluding you)! The one closest to the correct answer will move onto the Second Round. Ties will be settled via cagematch (die roll).
Second Round: ?
Redemption Round: ?
Third Round: ?
Fourth Round: ?
FINAL ROUND (vs. Maelstrom): It's just a regular Wild game! By this time, even the newest of players should have enough dust to craft a single Wild card (which will make them eligible for Wild). Warning: My deck will contain Legendaries and will otherwise be fully blinged out, so just hope that I play like trash.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Neat, I wonder what kinds of decks we will see. By the way just as a heads up I'll be busy late afternoon/evening this Saturday just in case that's when it's happening.

The Hound

Just Monika
I'll be gone all weekend, so either tomorrow or sometime next week are the only times that will be good for me.

AndyM03

I'll be gone all weekend, so either tomorrow or sometime next week are the only times that will be good for me.
Same here, except my exams are in the middle of the week next week so these few days or next Weekend for me.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I've got hella shit to do, so the only time that'll work for me until next week is tomorrow evening.

Anatronman

It doesn't all have to be at the same time. Each bracket can compete whenever the players are available.

Rondait

Are we sending the decklists to you Maelstrom or are we posting them publicly here? Also is it best 2 out of 3 with our decks or single match?

Maelstrom

We'll basically be doing the first couple of rounds on the fly. I do want to stream the last few matches, though.

Decklists should just be messaged to me (although I won't stop you if you want to post them here). All matches will be singles with the sole exception of the Fourth Round (FINAL ROUND will be a single match).

Here are the match-ups for the first round!

Tirin vs. The Hound
AndyM03 vs. Tag_Ross
coolpool2 vs. Warthermair
Jeroth vs. Rondait
Colonel Thunder vs. Anatronman

Send in your decklists and bets! The deadline for both is Sund 2:00 AM PST (giving a long lead time for this first round, but future rounds will have shorter turn-around times).

Last edited:

13thforsworn

Not involved in the tournament, but does anyone want to record the match-ups? Put them on the community Youtube page or something? It was just a thought. Would be cool to see how people get rekt the matches went down. I don't think HS is too insane of a game to run in conjunction with Fraps or OBS, especially if you're recording to another hard drive.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
If that's the case, then maybe try to have all 5 matches one after another and have the one recording spectate.

Top Bottom