PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds

Zircom

I've got almost 300 hours in and personally I think it stands on its own as a decent game, but I will agree it's at its best when you play with friends. Nothing like driving across the map trying to shoot your buddy's tires out of his car, or flashbanging him while he's driving and we end up going over the side of the bridge, or shooting around him with my suppressed sniper and watch him run around trying to hide because he thinks an enemy spotted him.

The bugs aren't actually a huge problem, I can go for like a week at a time without a bug significantly affecting my gameplay. The real issue is all the hackers and aimbotters, but that should get a lot better whenever they implement region-locking, because the majority of the hackers are asian players playing on the NA servers.

Definitely worth a buy in my opinion and if enough people here get it(I know coolpool and rondait both already have it) I'd totally be down for some squad action.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Funny how the article celebrating PUBG's 3 million concurrent players also mentioned their 1.5 million bans.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Bought PUBG and played my first round, got 23rd out of 100(?)

I got really lucky sneaking around to avoid people (hiding in closets and skirting around trees) until I found a pistol with ammo. I managed to kill one dude and heavily wound another before getting headshot. Nearly shit my pants constantly. 10/10.

Screw the test server for being "too busy" though. I had NO IDEA what I was doing the entire time.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I got really lucky sneaking around to avoid people (hiding in closets and skirting around trees) until I found a pistol with ammo. I managed to kill one dude and heavily wound another before getting headshot. Nearly shit my pants constantly. 10/10.
I feel like I'll see you being in the closet and nearly shitting yourself on pretty much any of your streams.

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Oh man, I have some gifs to make from my pubg stream. I did not do well.

Played a bit late last night and successfully placed in the top 10 several times, though. Perhaps there is hope for me.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Got #3 with my squad the other day. It feels so good to finally not play on a potato, I actually get good framerate now.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Got two chicken diners in a row. Then the following day couldn't get anything except for the time we got top 5 in duo but my friend had to go rescue his sister after her car broke down mid-match.

13thforsworn

Friend and I decided to pay some PUBG on a whim at like 3 am.

Honestly we played it super safe and got really lucky with the circles. We were going to drop at the ferry port but my friend for some reason decided to bail and landed at the ridge complex. Again we were lucky with loot and had decent rifles and attachments just from looting there. We made our way north east to another group of houses, further stocked up on supplies. We were going to go straight to the farm ridge but at that point we were getting bombarded by airstrikes for the third time so we again cut north east to avoid the red circle. We reached another settlement but noticed the doors had been opened in that area, and with so many buildings we were apprehensive to push when they could be literally anywhere, so we decided to head back south towards the farm ridge as we had previously planned now that the airstrikes had ended. This is when we got really lucky, because we essentially decided to stay put in one of the farm houses as the circle continued to bless us and enclose around our area. At this point we're around top 20 when someone decided to barrel up the stairs in the house we were in. He wasn't expecting us at all, essentially running into my crosshairs as I camped the stairs, and so I killed him easily. Their teammate was on the first floor but neither of use pushed the other. We had an clear advantage in numbers and angles, so it made sense to sit tight and wait for them to enter our trap, but they never did. We wait for the others to kill each other as the circle continues still to triangulate on the farm house we're in, until it's the final 4 and we have to leave. We jump out the second story window, and sure enough the teammate of the guy I killed is waiting for us, but with both of us peeking him at once he dies easily as well. The gas is coming in quick so we have to sprint into the centre of the complex. My friend spots the last guy and kills him right before he about to succumb to the gas. Chicken dinner.

TL;DR we played like pussies, got lucky, and won ezpz.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Honestly it's so easy to get top 10 if you just don't do anything aggressive at all. It's not necessarily fun but it's an option. One time I got #3 with no vest and a motorcycle helmet by just standing by the coast all game. Wasn't necessarily fun but if you just want to try and get the last kill it's an option.

13thforsworn

Honestly it's so easy to get top 10 if you just don't do anything aggressive at all. It's not necessarily fun but it's an option. One time I got #3 with no vest and a motorcycle helmet by just standing by the coast all game. Wasn't necessarily fun but if you just want to try and get the last kill it's an option.
I agree 100%. The hard part is the small circle at top 10 when you inevitably get pushed into a small circle with no fucking cover. That and knowing when to push, otherwise you get shot in the back like 90% of the time.

13thforsworn

So I played a round and noticed someone had landed west of me. Sure enough the circle forces me west, and so I head there after I loot up the mansion. I approach a compound and think to myself, "what are the chances that they're still there waiting for m--" and that's when I get shot in the back. The guy is on my body like a fucking rat in less that 5 seconds, and I'm pissed off because I knew I'd probably have to fight them since I'd dropped, and still I was taken by surprise. And I just see him taking my stuff, like now he has a level 2 backpack and helmet, and he just swapped his shotgun for my Mini 14. Anyway, I've been sitting on the death screen for about 20 seconds, fuming, when suddenly blood comes flying out of this guy's body as it drops to ground. And all my rage went away in that one moment. A wrong in this world was righted. Now content, I exited the game.

And that's my Battlegrounds experience.

Top Bottom