Pokemon Sun and Moon

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'd like to say that this is a fairly huge deal?

Pokemon went really hard on selling these games with its 20th anniversary pairing.

That and most of the pokemon with "Alolan" forms are from Kanto and the game heavily references Kanto throughout.

I ended up picking up a copy of Pokemon Moon and a 3DS on Black Friday and I just dropped about 30 hours to beat the game. It was pretty fun and a bit bizarre to see how the series went full JRPG on me.

I'm currently working on IV & EV Training and learning how all that competitive stuff works.

Has anyone else played or picked it up? Anyone have any questions about the game?

AndyM03

I've never really gotten pokemon, but I also haven't played it that much. Never found the combat system that engaging. But I also feel I haven't given it a real shot, so I'll probably steal my brothers 3DS once I buy the game for him for christmas and play it on the bus.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I picked up pokemon moon. I'm 19 hours in and I just started the third island. I kind of lost interest in pokemon for a while, but now I'm falling in love with my pokemon again. I like so many things in this game, from the new pokemon to the writing.

Anatronman

I think Emerald was the first game I ever played. I fell out somewhere around the numbered sequel and I haven't really been missing it. Those trailers are definitely heavy nostalgia triggers and reading up a little it seems like this one has some actual fundamental changes. Is this the Pokémon game for the people who have seen a link cable before or is it another identical romp around a pseudo-France?

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I didn't play gen 6 so I can't answer that question. I've been having a blast though.

Also I misread my playtime. I just started the third island and I'm 27 hours in. I'm not sure how Jeroth beat it so fast.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Is this the Pokémon game for the people who have seen a link cable before or is it another identical romp around a pseudo-France?

I played the original games and I think Sun and Moon was pretty refreshing. It's not a traditional pokemon game, but they did a great job in branching out. I beat the game and I only caught half the pokemon. I'm still going and there's a lot of post game.

Also my friends are into the competitive part of this game with IV's, EV's, perfect breeding, so it adds a level of complexity.

Also I misread my playtime. I just started the third island and I'm 27 hours in. I'm not sure how Jeroth beat it so fast.
I had battle animations turned off, so it speeds it up immensely.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
My first one was blue.

Also I love all the little things in sun and moon. If you have a rockruff you can give it a high five by making it raise its paw then tapping it. Also when I tried sleeping in my character's bed meowth woke me up by giving me an awakening. It's the little touches that really make me smile.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Freaking scrubs, blue or red wasn't your first pokemon game, what the hell
I played Blue and my brother had Red. I played Gold and my brother had Silver.

I played Sapphire by myself and dropped the games. I came back to emulate Diamond/Platinum/Pearl, but they're forgettable.

I emulated Black / Black 2. They were pretty fun.

I never played ORAS or X &Y.

I played Moon.

Also, I did a bunch of nuzlockes.

Tag_Ross

There only games I(sort of) skipped were the gen 5 games(I went back but have yet to finish the first game) though i never owned an original gen 1 game for the gameboy.

AndyM03

No multiple save files?
Fuck that ahaha so much for me playing this game. Come on nintendoooooo

Top Bottom