Ended Shadow's League of Legends Mafia: Season II - GAME OVER (Anti-Town Victory)

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
You didn't think you were sticking your neck out at the time, and scum would have every reason to defend someone their scumbuddies 'cause duh. I'm not going to take "I made a risk" as "I'm scum"; risks need to be taken in any game, and if you're scum, this one just didn't pan out for you. Plus, you actually lynched me, admitting there's little to no reason to think I'm scum - which others have supported, and I don't give a fuck about, 'cause I'm not scum - and haven't bothered unlynching me.

Get out of this game, scum. Get fuckin' lynched.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Lynch Andy, fuckboy. Don't lynch me the day after either way, but I bet he comes up scum, and if he does I'm vindicated af.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice

At first, I thought he seemed like a reasonably capable Townie saying reasonable Townie things.

Some posts later, I thought he could be a semi-capable scumbag trying to look like an inexperienced Townie.

Some posts later, I wondered if maybe he was a very inexperienced Townie who'd just gotten lucky at one point.

Now, I just really wish I hadn't quit drinking for Lent.

Fucking hell, Andyman.

AndyM03

I'm playing the same as I did last time and I was town there, so you can roll the dice and trust me or not. It's Mafia, you have to do that anyway. Regardless, I'm town as fuck and fuck anyone that wants to lynch me for being involved. I think it's clearly my Lynch on Tirin that's cause people to throw their arms in the air, but just because you've played with him a lot doesn't make him any less likely to be scum. It's the same logic he had for Tolvan. Yeah, it looked like a counter lynch and made me look bad, but just because you 'know' Tirin doesn't mean you can let him brute force and talk shit his way through whatever he wants to do. To me, that's not on, that's not healthy for the Town's discussions.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
People haven't played with me a lot, this is probably the first Mafia game I've had since we got onto Mach - and if not, certainly the first since we moved to the new site. Got any more weak-ass excuses?

AndyM03

Aren't most people replying, besides Tolvan, all people from the original Urealms? This is a forum of people that have been together for a long time and you've always been a prominent mafia playing member, which is why TC always pulls out the screenshot of his. We played tons of mafia there and even I know that you being aggressive wouldn't be a scum tell from those experiences. It's more the aggressive language and brutish method rather than the play that makes me unhappy with you.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
That's also untrue. I've barely played Mafia since getting to Geek², though I was pretty damn good at it on Urealms for a while. Quit 'cause I kept gettin' lynched or killed all the time. In any case, lynching someone because you don't like how rude they are instead of a legitimate suspicion is both scummy and stupid as shit. I can't say I'd mind the loss of either.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I'm playing the same as I did last time and I was town there, so you can roll the dice and trust me or not. It's Mafia, you have to do that anyway. Regardless, I'm town as fuck and fuck anyone that wants to lynch me for being involved. I think it's clearly my Lynch on Tirin that's cause people to throw their arms in the air, but just because you've played with him a lot doesn't make him any less likely to be scum. It's the same logic he had for Tolvan. Yeah, it looked like a counter lynch and made me look bad, but just because you 'know' Tirin doesn't mean you can let him brute force and talk shit his way through whatever he wants to do. To me, that's not on, that's not healthy for the Town's discussions.
If I believed you were just stirring up controversy to fuel conversation with, that'd be one thing. That would be a pretty good play. But you've thrown out so many very bad plays in the process, I'd have trouble believing that even if I really, really wanted to. Case in point: implying that somebody's against lynching another person "just because you've played with him a lot." Especially somebody like me, because even though I'm the sort of person who doesn't take Mafia plays personally, if anything that's just going to piss me off a bit. Also, it should be pretty obvious that I'm not just doing whatever Tirin says because he's a rudeboy or whatever. And I don't even remember the last time I saw him play Mafia, so there's that as well.

Some other things to avoid in the future, by the way:

- Ever using the defense "Do you really think I'd be dumb enough to ___?"
- Committing to, or trying to start a bandwagon on, what you think is a bad lynch.
- Blaming a bad situation, should you find yourself in one, on being too involved.
- Referring to your own behavior in past games.
- Trying to predict who's going to be nightkilled, who should be protected, etc.*

All of that falls somewhere on the spectrum between "unhelpful" and "scummy." Either of those can help justify a lynch.

*(Not that you've done that. It's just a common thing that I always hate.)
People haven't played with me a lot, this is probably the first Mafia game I've had since we got onto Mach - and if not, certainly the first since we moved to the new site. Got any more weak-ass excuses?
Don't edit your posts. It's against the rules.

Requiem

I don't wanna lynch Tirin for him being mean. In fact, all I want to say is that I wanna remind him what he told me when I was being an asshole to wilger for literally no good reason a long time ago. He used his mod status to put me in my place and stopped me being a fuckboy.

Im not trying to put you in your place Tirin, but I will say this. You can be aggro in your play style and you can go for the throat all you want, but you don't have to be an asshole in the way you do it. We play mafia for fun and if you being aggressive also means you textually shit on people for no good reason, then that's not too fun. I skipped most of the exchange between all of you because the unnecessary aggression was exactly that, unnecessary. Seriously, be aggro all you want, but you're the only one who feels the need to be an ass in how you respond to people. We're here to have a good time and play a game with friends. Post the way you do when you're talking about RP shit. That's as much a game as mafia is and also for fun and you have no trouble talking to other players like they're people you've known for years. You don't need to do this shit even if you do disagree with Andy.

Anyways, game analysis. What's happened so far is pretty stupid. Tolvan is just as viable a lynch as anyone else. There's literally the same chance of him being mafia as there is me. The only difference being that people think he's playing bad. There's no reason to condemn or defend him. If he's playing bad, let him play bad. If he's town, he gets a chance to practice and get better. If he's scum, he'll fuck up scum tactics for the night, who knows? Either way, I think we all agree that Tolvan isn't playing as well as he could be, so I'm giving him my noobie protection rule. I won't lynch him unless it's clear he's going to get lynched anyways.

That means, Tolvan, that you need to play. Get in here, do some digging, get into the nitty gritty and say some bullshit. Defend yourself, play the game. This is what mafia is and it's what you signed up for. Forum mafia is a different beast from IRL or other various forms of the game.

As for lynching either Andy or Tirin, they both sound like Town going at each other for stupid reasons. Again, lynching either of them will give us the same amount of information as lynching Tolvan will. We can lynch literally anyone and get the same info. It's the discussion that gives us MORE information and that's what more of us need to be doing. This thread is moving fast as it is, but more people can still contribute, I say.

So anyways, let's take tensions down a notch and remember that were playing a game to have some fucking fun. We don't need to be belittling one another and treating each other like shit in order to have that fun. We can be respectful of one another, we're not teenaged shitcunts anymore after all.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Tolvan is just as viable a lynch as anyone else. There's literally the same chance of him being mafia as there is me.
That's only true from your perspective if you're both mafia; otherwise, you know that there is a 0% chance of you being mafia and a chance that he is, or a 100% chance that you're mafia and a certainty that he isn't. Req confirmed mafia illuminati mind-game playing monster

As for lynching either Andy or Tirin, they both sound like Town going at each other for stupid reasons. Again, lynching either of them will give us the same amount of information as lynching Tolvan will. We can lynch literally anyone and get the same info. It's the discussion that gives us MORE information and that's what more of us need to be doing. This thread is moving fast as it is, but more people can still contribute, I say.

So anyways, let's take tensions down a notch and remember that were playing a game to have some fucking fun. We don't need to be belittling one another and treating each other like shit in order to have that fun. We can be respectful of one another, we're not teenaged shitcunts anymore after all.
Fuck you, aggro all day erry day. Also lynch Andy because he is actually being scummy.

Requiem

And that's fine, you can call him scummy and pull out the big guns to prove to everyone that he's scummy, just don't be a dick, that's all.

@Stealthy - Tirin's plenty capable of being tactful in how he talks to people. Like I said, he even made me feel bad about being a dick to wilger. There's no excuse for being a dick in a game that we're playing for fun. We can all respect one another. Again, we're not shitcunt teenagers.

Whitetiger

I agree with Req, I would rather we calm down, take a step back and maybe focus on some other things, though I do think we'd get a lot of useful information from a Tolvan, Tirin, or Andy lynch.

One thing I'd just like to say, is that I called out 6 people about 20 hours ago for having said literally nothing. Since then, all of them have talked but Pally and Tag Ross have still said nothing actually pertaining to the game or anything that's been said.

Mafia can lurk pretty well on day 1 and while I can't stop them from doing so, I will definitely call you the fuck out if you don't actually do anything to help the town make a constructive lynch.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
My take? I may not have very strong reason to believe Tolvan's pro-Town, but it's definitely more than I have for anyone else. Yeah, it's Day 1, so that isn't saying very much, and yes, we're going to end up having to pick a sacrifice by Sunday regardless, but that ought to be somebody who at least has a 1 in 11 chance of flipping scum. If I thought that Tolvan was such a person, then I definitely wouldn't have vowed to eat my hat if that happened for him.
*3/14, not 1/11. Pretty big derp on my part, that.

Requiem

It's all good, I read that 1/11 and figured your brain was still stuck on Witch Hunt mode.

Shadow

Banned
Again, we're not shitcunt teenagers.
Yeah.

We're shitcunt young adults.

Lynch Count:

Tolvan (3) - Jeroth, Tim, Whitetiger
Jeroth (1) - Pally

Tirin (1) - Andy
Andy (1) - Tirin

Undecided - Ro Ro Ro, Easy, Stealthy, Tolvan, Tag Ross, Thunderclaw, Requiem, Shizno, Firedemon

Majority is 8.

Current Deadline: Sunday, February 21st ~6:30PM PST

Top Bottom