Should I continue this?

Should I continue my A Link to the Past Let's Play?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Back in May I started a Let's Play of A Link to the Past in the attempt to actually do a complete Let's Play of it. In July I recorded 5 more parts but never got around to editing or uploading them because I didn't think there was a demand for it, but now I'm kinda considering continuing it. So yeah, just be brutally honest and yeah.

Requiem

Work on your sound levels, the in game sound was a little too loud. Not too badly, just a smidge too loud.

As for whether or not you should keep going, you should know before making the decision that you won't have ANY demand for an LP of anything until you have subscribers. If you really want to do LPs, do it because you want to do it for you and because you know you'll dedicate yourself to it. You'll get subs, maybe not a lot, but you'll get them. All you have to do is upload on a regular basis, really. If you do a good job and your work is polished, you'll attract a few people here and there and then there will be a demand, even if it's only slight.

So yeah, for right now, the only person who can answer whether or not you should keep LPing is you. Demand doesn't exist and you most likely have no subs to dictate what you do. It's up to you what happens from here, really.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Yeah, if you really enjoy doing youtube then do youtube. That's all there is to it at this point.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Work on your sound levels, the in game sound was a little too loud. Not too badly, just a smidge too loud.
I actually did fix the volume issues when I recorded the next few parts several months ago :p

As for whether or not you should keep going, you should know before making the decision that you won't have ANY demand for an LP of anything until you have subscribers. If you really want to do LPs, do it because you want to do it for you and because you know you'll dedicate yourself to it. You'll get subs, maybe not a lot, but you'll get them. All you have to do is upload on a regular basis, really. If you do a good job and your work is polished, you'll attract a few people here and there and then there will be a demand, even if it's only slight.
My main concern was more whether my current subscribers, who more than likely subbed for my cartoons, would mind and watch the LP's that I upload, and not unsub because they're ungrateful shits that can't handle some different content to fill the gap between cartoons. Then again, it would be a way to weed out the unloyal subs, wouldn't it? Hmm...

So yeah, for right now, the only person who can answer whether or not you should keep LPing is you. Demand doesn't exist and you most likely have no subs to dictate what you do. It's up to you what happens from here, really.
I guess I could give it a shot. I DO like doing it, and I've been wanting to do it. I'd rather be making a living off youtube with cartoons, but eh, who knows, maybe if i somehow end up attracting an audience with the LP's they'll like my cartoons too. The least I can do is upload those other parts I recorded fuck-knows-when and see how they do.

Requiem

That's the best way to do it. Just create things that you want to create and have fun with it. Don't do it to gets subs or make money, if that happens it's like winning the lottery. Just do it for you and because you want to do it!

Top Bottom