Telltale Turns the Crazy Up to 11

Requiem

They're getting too big for their own tits. Something bad is going to happen to them with this project. I hope it doesn't, but anytime someone tries to fuse TV and games together to do some sort of dual screen experience, it's just... eh. They promise to put 100% effort into both sides of this project, but that really doesn't make me confident in what they're gonna do. Honestly, Tell Tale games are great for story, they're fun and neat and they take advantage of the IPs they're given access to, but this project has so many unknown variables, it makes me feel a little bad. Their games also aren't technological marvels, they stutter and have plenty of hang ups. Attaching a game built the way TT builds their games to a TV series meant to attract not only a game audience to a show, but a show audience to a game, probably won't work. TV audiences and game audiences do bleed together in today's now wired society, but a TV audience still isn't a game audience. There is a difference between the two.

I want this to be successful, but with the fact that it's TT, as well as all of the other factors I mentioned, I don't have high hopes for this project. That said, if anyone could pull off something like this, TT is probably the only company I would put faith in. All of the other bigger companies are either fucking up badly (343 Studios and the abysmal release of the MC Collection, as well as Ubisoft and AC: Unity) or just aren't competent enough to do something like this because they don't understand what a good story is. TT doesn't even always get stories right all of the time, but they at least treat the process better than everyone else. I'm still stinging from how awful the ME3 ending was.

But yeah, I suppose we'll see where this goes in the future.

Top Bottom