The 100

Firedemon

Anyone been watching this? I kept noticing it on Netflix for a while, then my roommate finally got me to watch it and I'm now somewhat addicted.

For anyone who hasn't heard of it, The 100 takes place 97 years after a nuclear war seemingly wiped out all life on Earth. The only survivors were the people on the many space stations orbiting Earth, twelve of which banded together to form the Ark. Due to limited supplies and necessary population control, anyone over the age of 18 who commits a crime, no matter how small, is executed via air lock. Minors however are instead imprisoned until their 18th birthday. For... Reasons to be explained early on in the show, all 100 of the juvenile delinquents are suddenly removed from their cells and sent down to Earth to see if the surface is finally habitable. Little did they know, not only was it habitable, humans never died out on the surface and had established an aggressive, warlike, tribal civilization that they had landed right in the middle of. Violence and character development ensues.

Steal Thy Kill

I've heard good things about it. I may Netflix binge it soon if it turns out that Season 4 of House of Cards is just as boring as Season 3.

TimTh33nchant3r

I liked it. Some parts were a little bit weird, but if you ignore the silliness it's a pretty good drama.

Firedemon

Are you talking about how most of the 100 are idiots in the first season and some of the second season? I generally accepted that they were just being dumb because they're literally juvenile delinquents, which helped me get past that surprisingly well. Though with the third season...

I'm having a little bit of trouble believing that after all this, Bellamy would take a complete 180 like he has. Not only should Bellamy, and most of the camp really, know that the Grounders are no longer a threat after being at peace for three months, Bellamy and the other survivors of the 100 should know that starting a war with the Grounders is the absolute worst idea ever. Arkadia has better defenses than the dropship camp, yeah, but they're still working with inferior numbers and (while it seems to no longer be a plot point) limited ammo. I will say Pike definitely had room to persuade him to do many of the things Bellamy is doing, but it was entirely too easy for him. Then again, maybe I'd be more inclined to believe this if Bellamy's girlfriend that died in the mountain hadn't popped in and out of existence so quickly.

Top Bottom