Casual Goals/Accomplishments Thread

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
In this thread, post casual goals and/or accomplishments!

Could be a neat tool to give yourself some measure of accountability on stuff you need to do, or just a tiny way to celebrate something you accomplished.

...yes, it's basically a "nice" shitpost thread.

--

I cleaned the whole house today! Also, bleach wipes have dissolved the first layer of skin on my right-hand..

AndyM03

I've been trying to run 5km's a day for a bit. Took a break to fix my eczema, sweat is not nice to my pasty skin. But yeah i'm back at it and already have lost 2kg's. Hoping to fit into my suit pants far better for my internship, so i've got a month to lose some more.

Requiem

Facing the reality that without a car, I'm gonna have to walk a little over an hour to and from school every day until Feb 1 (my birthday, fyi) when I can move into the apartment I've sublet. It's not a bad walk, but doing it twice a day is gonna be killer just because I don't really exercise. Depression is a bitch.

That said, I'm working towards getting a job and making sure that I can pay for everything I need to pay for. This is my last semester, so I'm grateful for that. Just one last hurdle.

AndyM03

Facing the reality that without a car, I'm gonna have to walk a little over an hour to and from school every day until Feb 1 (my birthday, fyi) when I can move into the apartment I've sublet. It's not a bad walk, but doing it twice a day is gonna be killer just because I don't really exercise. Depression is a bitch.
Damn man, what's texas doing and where are your busses? (or trains) I'm a two hour drive from uni on a bad day and I catch two busses to get there. But I guess I live sort of near Australia's biggest city so I guess you'd hope for that level of public transport.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Looking to lose weight... again.

But also learn French and Dutch. Duolingo trees say I'm doing alright on both, but I'm not exactly super confident with either. I can at least get the gist of most stuff I read, but I really need to work on vocabulary - considering reading articles on Wikipedia in other languages to try and do a better job.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
DBut I guess I live sort of near Australia's biggest city so I guess you'd hope for that level of public transport.
I can't speak for Texas, but from what I've seen the US as a whole has pretty shitty public transportation. Almost every year we have to defeat a bill to gut what little public transportation we have in my neck of the woods.

Also, super cool activity in here so far! I've been using freezing temperatures as an excuse to stop jogging in the mornings, but temps are warm enough now that I should start again.

Requiem

I really just need a way to cross the freeway more easily. It's not so bad, honestly, but it's just annoying. With a car it'd take like ten minutes if even that to get to school, on foot it just takes longer and it sucks.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I really just need a way to cross the freeway more easily. It's not so bad, honestly, but it's just annoying. With a car it'd take like ten minutes if even that to get to school, on foot it just takes longer and it sucks.

Can @Colonel Thunder buy you some sick heelies so you can skitch a ride on the freeway?

Jokes aside, that's rough man. The best advice I can give is just download an audiobook or a podcast for something you like. It's good to zone out to. When I had to walk 20 minutes to work, that's what I did.

As far as it goes on my end, I'm starting to bulk and I'm about to start lifting with a friend tomorrow. So instead of sleeping in on my day off, I'm waking up early to be productive.

AndyM03

As far as it goes on my end, I'm starting to bulk and I'm about to start lifting with a friend tomorrow. So instead of sleeping in on my day off, I'm waking up early to be productive.
I always feel at my best when i'm gym'ing regularly. Assuming we're in the best timeline, I have hope health subsidies will provide cheaper gym memberships in the future.

Keep us updated with you gains fam, hopefully I can join you once I finish cutting. It'll be easier to enjoy the bulk when the results are visible.

The Hound

Just Monika
The only goal I really have right now is getting better abs, but since I'm averaging going to the gym about 4 times a week I feel like it's just a matter of time. Otherwise I don't really have much going on in my life besides the regular routine which on one hand is nice that my life is finally mostly comfortable but it's starting to feel like I might be in a rut. I want to think more about this thread and try to come up with more in the future.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
University has been keeping me busy so I mostly just do a lot of walking these days. But I want to find time to go to the university gyms since I get into them for free.

Zapy97

Accomplishment: Become qualified on the extremely bad ass piece of machinery that is the M1 Abrams.
Next Goal: Earn my tanker boots.

W1LG3RtheCyan

Goal 1: Hit 100 followers on twitch (Currently sitting at 69)
Goal 2: Finish Gnome Golf and release on Steam
Goal 3: Move out again. [I was living on my own for a little bit, but I was forced to move in with my grandmother after a falling out with my dad's girlfriend. (Long story.)]

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Day 2 in the gym. I'm starting to recognize people. I'll be headed to the gym by myself on Friday, so I'm curious to see how that goes. My arms feel like they're going to fall off, but I'm happy that I feel so sore and that I'm challenging myself.

Rondait

Finished my first graded reading for my military broadcasting class today. Instructors noted that my score was very impressive for the first one and is significantly higher than they aim for at the start. I've been sweating this as I hate my voice, but I'm glad to know that I'm excelling rather than squeaking by or worse.

Top Bottom