Christmas Loot

adorablemuffin

I would like to state that I am a pretty much normal teenage girl. I just like Marilyn Manson and stuff. And cute brony shirts. And Harley Quinn shirts. And I like the hair dye they sell.

Still.

I'm normal.

adorablemuffin

It's a lot of novelty crap now. Still like goth and emo and stuff, you can just get super hero junk and doctor who stuff and whatever.

Requiem

1. I think you have too high of expectations for a stupid comedy, you seem to expect it to represent geekdom

2. As just a personal observation I've noticed the people who have the biggest problem with BBT are people who actively attribute themselves as a geek, instead of as a person with interests that just so happen fall into that area.
1. It's not that I expect it to represent geekdom, it's that people honestly think it does represent geekdom. Offline and online, I've seen examples of it. I'd be fine if it felt like the show was laughing with me, as I said before, but it doesn't. I'm not gonna tell people what they can and can't find funny or entertaining, but I personally just can't bring myself to watch the show for reasons I've already stated.

2. As for this, you're using a paralepsis. You're not flat out stating that I'm one of these people, but by doing that, you're more or less saying that I am in fact one of those people. Personally, I say I like nerdy things like video games, superheroes, etc., but really I don't label myself as anything. I don't have a big problem with BBT, I just talk long-windedly and somewhat passionately about anything I feel is worth typing a few paragraphs over, BBT and why I personally don't like it being one of those things. I have a problem with it not because I think I'm a geek or anything like that, but because I actually have a problem with it.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The Big Bang Theory is a fucking terrible show that turns scientists into some completely unrelatable "other" as a direct result of its awful characters.

The jokes aren't funny, because they're basically all variants of "intelligent people don't know how to be social, which is hilarious!".

The Hound

Just Monika
Eh to each there own I guess, I've always felt that people misrepresented geekdom and that TBBT's misrepresentation was at least somewhat better. I mean really it's no different than the Revenge of the Nerds movies, but instead of getting revenge on the jocks they just existed and did some of the more iconic geeky things like WoW and whatnot.

Again the humor is pretty subjective as I've found myself laughing at times, though I'm not a huge fan, I just really don't think it's deserving of as much vitriol as it gets.

Top Bottom