E3 2017

Dunsparce

This is like the third year in a row that E3 was fucking saved by Nintendo, even though all they did was show off a game we've already heard about. Metroid Prime 4 got me legitimately hyped for a second, until I realized that all they had was the title.

Bethesda's press conference was god damn pathetic. I don't know why they even showed up. The only new thing they had was Wolfenstein: Trump Is Hitler Edition. Everything else was either old trailers for games that came out years ago, or them just rehashing their old failures (paid mods and ESO).

My initial impression of Microsoft's conference was pretty negative, but my opinion improved after I saw Bethesda's. I thought it was fucking hilarious that everything was "exclusive" but also on the PC. Microsoft also gets props for somehow coming up with a worse name for their console than the Wii U. At least they actually had some things to show off.

I didn't even bother to watch EA's conference. All I know is they had a Jeb Bush "Please clap" moment about donating to some SJW charity or something.

Sea of Thieves looks pretty bomb.
Do you mean "it's gonna bomb" or "it'll be a blast"?

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Battlefront 2 is exactly what Battlefront 1 should have been.

Destiny 2 looks promising except for Bungie's big middle finger to everyone who doesn't own a PS4.

Bioware's new game Anthom looks cool.

Another Ass Creed game that still isn't set in Japan.

Kingdom Come gets kudos for historically accurate armor, clothes, and weapons.

Mount & Blade 2, release date???

Kratos has a beard and a whiney kid now. I guess he's also going to murder the Norse pantheon.

That's all that really stood out to me.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Battlefront 2 looks baller as fuck, but this is EA so it could still end up bein' on the shitty side. That's about all I'm super hype for; Nintendo's conference was hella good, but I don't have their consoles so it doesn't mean shit even though Metroid Prime is one of the best singleplayer first-person shooter/action-adventure series of all fucking time an' I want that goddamn game.

New Wolfenstein looks pretty cool, but how it plays out'll definitely depend on how they treat the subject matter, vidya or no. If they go too serious or try too hard for modern political commentary too it's gonna be the most obvious, stupid bullshit ever, if they don't go serious enough they'll look like they're going "ayyyy lmao the Nazis weren't too bad".

Firedemon

Is it bad that Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is finally pushing me into wanting a Switch? That takes the number of Switch games I want up to 3, at which point I might say that's good enough for me to buy and not feel like I wasted my money while waiting on more games I want.

Also, XCOM 2 expansion anyone? Anyone?

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
The XCOM 2 expansion looks pretty neat. Apparently there's quite a lot of content in there.

Overall a lot of cool stuff.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
XCOM 2 expansion looks really cool, but the trailer didn't show much. It's really worth tracking down the interviews to hear all the stuff they're adding and changing.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Also, XCOM 2 expansion anyone? Anyone?
I fuckin' wrecked XCOM 2 with all DLC last I played it, but I still don't give a shit about this.

Top Bottom