[ADULT] Fish & Chips

How do you eat fish & chips?

• With your hands?

• With a knife and fork?

Results are only viewable after voting.

13thforsworn

I've started eating many more meals with a fork and a knife because I eat a lot of my meals in front of my computer while watching Youtube videos and whatnot. I don't want grease on my mouse and keyboard. Cut a turkey leg drumstick with a fork and knife just the other day.

13thforsworn

Okay, that's where I draw the line. You appreciate a good turkey leg like your ancestors did, hold it in your hands, and step away from that glowing rectangle for five minutes you pasty disappointment.
To be fair, once I cut off all the easily accessible parts with the knife and fork, I gripped the bone with my hand to bite off the rest of the meat.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Honestly, I switch between using utensils and using my hands. I lean towards using my utensils since I don't like to dirty my hands.

Call me weird, but I started eating fries that way too.

Requiem

Why is this even a discussion, especially since it's about fried food? If the food is clean enough to eat with your hands, you eat it with your hands. If the food is not clean enough to eat with your hands, you use utensils. The only exception to this is the occasional odd meal, like ribs or a turkey leg.

Tag_Ross

The two arguments I've heard are, the fish is too big or heavy to hold with two fingers, which is bullshit unless you have muscle/bone growth issues, and that the fish is too greasy to eat with you fingers, which is also bullshit because you're still gonna eat the fries with your hands.

It just boggles my mind that people would eat fish & chips with a fork. The only acceptable reason is 13th's but he probably shouldn't be eating any greasy food while using a keyboard.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
the fish is too greasy to eat with you fingers, which is also bullshit because you're still gonna eat the fries with your hands.
I'd like to step in here, even though I goddamn hate fish. For the most part, I eat fries with a fork. This is because I'm a student and a fuckin' nerd, so a lot of the time I'm either in front of a keyboard or handling papers of some kind, and nobody wants a greasy keyboard or greasy homework/books/character sheets/whatever.

I'll note, however, that I make an exception for less greasy fries, or when I'm somewhere it absolutely doesn't matter - like in a car, for instance - and it's just better to eat my fries hot than wait to get somewhere with a fork. Even still, greasy fingers are fucking shit. Do you eat chicken strips with your hands, too, you godforsaken mongrel?

Tag_Ross

Okay, here's a different but still related question:

Do you eat fish & chips at a table, or while walking?

I only eat fish & chips when I'm in San Francisco because there's no good seafood places this far from the coast(mostly because people are okay with driving to the coast for better seafood) and I only order fish & chips when I'm walking from one place to another. I never eat greasy food when I'm in the keyboard.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
What can I say - I like fish. Some men don't like the taste, but I do.

#StabItDon'tGrabIt #NotMyPresident

The Hound

Just Monika
Depends how greasy the fish is. I normally will use a knife and fork but I'm not opposed to using my hands if it's not going to be a huge mess.

Lumpy

See, I'm not sure I've ever had fish and chips that wasn't so greasy it wouldn't fall apart under it's own weight. Coincidentally, I'm not the biggest fan.

Otherwise I follow Chickenspleen's 'nique.

Top Bottom