Forumer Chat Thread

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Whenever I see an introduction like that I can't help but think it's sarcastic. I know that there are people who do it seriously, and it saddens me.

Chickenspleen

Happy birthday, @timid_one! I don't know who you are, I don't know where you came from, and I don't know where you went, but any excuse to celebrate something is good enough for me!

Warthermair

So hows the RP in this forum going? See the Nations things hasn't seen an update in about a week, and haven't seen anything really posted since I got here. Anything open and still looking for members, or should I try and make my own thing?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
So hows the RP in this forum going? See the Nations things hasn't seen an update in about a week, and haven't seen anything really posted since I got here. Anything open and still looking for members, or should I try and make my own thing?
People're busy, and that makes it a lot harder to get them to post. Make your own RP if you want, but it'd probably be best to gauge interest first so you don't start with super high expectations on post rates and end up disappointed. Fantasy Nations is always an option to join, because I will never let it die.

Go for it, dude. I think at this moment the RP board is pretty dead. We even had a court case about it.
Hah! One week between posts is napping for Fantasy Nations!

Requiem

I haven't seen cancer like this since Req went full shitpost in Mafia
To be fair, the original shitposting was mild compared to the shitposting you made part of my and Jeroth's win conditions for the poop mafia game.

@Warthermair, you should make an RP if you want to. Of course gauge interest first, but if we can slowly build up active players, activity will go up. I've been wanting to RP, I'm just not interested in Fantasy Nations or GMing my own games, so there's that.

Warthermair

Thanks for the replies. Sounds about what I thought the current state of it was, was just wondering if there were any of the group base that could take on another player, like the roll20 stuff.

I'm willing to try my hand at DMing again. I'm kinda up for anything. Fantasy, SciFi, or even a Fandom kinda RP like DBZ, Star Wars, Shonen, etc.Kinda have a cool setting in mind for the Fantasy World, but have to think something up for the SciFi. Never went really far with any kind of Fandom RP, but its been an interest of mine for a while.

The Fantasy setting I have in mind is kind of Disc World-ish. Basically a small flat world that is held together in a bowl of ice in the middle of space. However, the world, if left alone, would naturally fall apart. All it's oceans would spill over the edge, there is no star to act as a sun, the bowl wouldn't even exist. However, the various races of the planet keep the eco system alive. The Dragon's that live on the highest mountain in the middle of this world use their fire at the start of each "day" to heat a rock that then burns like the sun. The Merfolk control the tides of the ocean to keep the waters calm and controlled through the world. Four tribes of Bird folk migrate clockwise around the planet to bring the changing of the seasons, etc. Would give more detailed information if people are interested in it.

Also, what kind of RP they would want it to play? I've always wanted to do an empire building kind of RP, start from scratch, claim your land, and take over the world! There's always the classic adventuring party taking on the world. And then could be the edgelords murderhobo quest with a dark theme (Not really, just evil quest). I'm kinda up for anything.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Thanks for the replies. Sounds about what I thought the current state of it was, was just wondering if there were any of the group base that could take on another player, like the roll20 stuff.
Nawh, that's prettymuch all dead AF (right now).

Star Wars
My old love... I may never see another good Star Wars RP again, but god damn it I'd make a character for one.

The Fantasy setting I have in mind is kind of Disc World-ish. Basically a small flat world that is held together in a bowl of ice in the middle of space. However, the world, if left alone, would naturally fall apart. All it's oceans would spill over the edge, there is no star to act as a sun, the bowl wouldn't even exist. However, the various races of the planet keep the eco system alive. The Dragon's that live on the highest mountain in the middle of this world use their fire at the start of each "day" to heat a rock that then burns like the sun. The Merfolk control the tides of the ocean to keep the waters calm and controlled through the world. Four tribes of Bird folk migrate clockwise around the planet to bring the changing of the seasons, etc. Would give more detailed information if people are interested in it.
That's a pretty cool setting. I like the idea of the world's mechanics fostering cooperation between races; usually motherfuckers just end up warring over shit most of the time, but it seems like that would be avoided here (to some degree). Certainly nobody's gonna tolerate some genocidal fuckman, since such a person's aims would destabilize and eventually destroy the world.

Also, what kind of RP they would want it to play? I've always wanted to do an empire building kind of RP, start from scratch, claim your land, and take over the world! There's always the classic adventuring party taking on the world. And then could be the edgelords murderhobo quest with a dark theme (Not really, just evil quest). I'm kinda up for anything.
Personally, I'm not big on empire-building so much as character interactions and plot development; empire-building usually edges closer toward resource management than roleplaying in my experience. Fantasy Nations is an attempt to subvert this. That said, if you wanna run an empire-building RP, don't let me discourage you. I may even be interested depending on how you go about it!

I'd play all kinds of shit, though I'm not big on most fandom-style RPs unless they provide a really huge setting and/or timeline to work within (again, as with Star Wars). Otherwise shit can get kinda cluttered between major canon events and stuff that the party wants to do.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Last night I went to a 21st birthday/Halloween party without a costume.
I somehow ended up with...a Stormtrooper mask, and a Soviet flag as a cloak. So apparently I'm just living up to my Mach Games persona.
Seems more like you're trying to live up to 13th's.

Walrus

I've gravitated more towards faster games. I could be down for something like a one-shot (could be through Skype/Discord; not sure what that would look like on a forum - maybe a one week-long campaign?), but I'm less inclined to commit to a regular length traditional forum RP at this point.

Warthermair

Nawh, that's prettymuch all dead AF (right now).
Shame, would rather wet my feet first before I jump right back into GMing
My old love... I may never see another good Star Wars RP again, but god damn it I'd make a character for one.
Have a friend who is really big into expanded universe (even though its non-canon now), and most things SW, so I like to think I could do it justice. Any period in lore you be most intrested in? Old Republic, Clone Wars, Rebellion, Post-Rebellion?
That's a pretty cool setting. I like the idea of the world's mechanics fostering cooperation between races; usually motherfuckers just end up warring over shit most of the time, but it seems like that would be avoided here (to some degree). Certainly nobody's gonna tolerate some genocidal fuckman, since such a person's aims would destabilize and eventually destroy the world.
Yea, had fun coming up with it. Still need to really make a map and what each race does and everything, but probably going to need help with it. Also the "What happens naturally vs What has to be controlled. Like water will still evaporate if it gets hot enough, but the races have to control how it forms in the air and where it rains and stuff like that. Big project, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Personally, I'm not big on empire-building so much as character interactions and plot development; empire-building usually edges closer toward resource management than roleplaying in my experience. Fantasy Nations is an attempt to subvert this. That said, if you wanna run an empire-building RP, don't let me discourage you. I may even be interested depending on how you go about it!
Yea, one of the biggest things would become balancing the RP with the Resource, which i was thinking of solving as an IC and OOC thing, but still need to put a lot more thought into it. I really need to jump on that (Which I'm assuming your still accepting nations, just have to get through all the walls of text which take time. If you can give me the critical parts I should read first, might help me jump into faster.)
I'd play all kinds of shit, though I'm not big on most fandom-style RPs unless they provide a really huge setting and/or timeline to work within (again, as with Star Wars). Otherwise shit can get kinda cluttered between major canon events and stuff that the party wants to do.
Yea, those are the only things I can really think about RPing in too. I mostly just like the ability/lore of most fandom things, so it wouldn't even have to be following the plot of any show/comic/etc. Just like if we did DBZ, it would basically be either before or after Goku and it would just be the races/powers of that setting. Or if we did Avatar, it would just be during a time period that neither Aang or Korra were alive. Basically clean slate with a template of the medias setting.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Have a friend who is really big into expanded universe (even though its non-canon now), and most things SW, so I like to think I could do it justice. Any period in lore you be most intrested in? Old Republic, Clone Wars, Rebellion, Post-Rebellion?
See bolded.

I really need to jump on that (Which I'm assuming your still accepting nations, just have to get through all the walls of text which take time. If you can give me the critical parts I should read first, might help me jump into faster.)
We are. The most important nations to read over in the OOC are Nations I through VI, VIII, and X; you can read characters later just to get a feel for who's doin' what and what sort of abilities and power levels are reasonable. If you'd like, I could also send you a brief rundown of IC progress, since it's nearly goddamn novel-length by now. If you've got any other questions, let me know.

Yea, those are the only things I can really think about RPing in too. I mostly just like the ability/lore of most fandom things, so it wouldn't even have to be following the plot of any show/comic/etc. Just like if we did DBZ, it would basically be either before or after Goku and it would just be the races/powers of that setting. Or if we did Avatar, it would just be during a time period that neither Aang or Korra were alive. Basically clean slate with a template of the medias setting.
Makes sense, but then you've got a lot of political power dynamics and the like to cover (most likely by yourself).

Warthermair

Wouldn't mind the cliff notes of it if ya don't mind. Already have an idea forming of what i want to play as, but going to make sure someone else hasn't done it, nor is it too out of scope.

As for my own RP, going to mark ya down as Up for anything, but leaning towards Star Wars. Which leaves 2 for "Up for Anything" including Vance, or 3 if we make it One-Shotty, which I don't think I mind doing just to get back into the swing of things. I would like it to be forum based RP, tried DMing in meat space a couple of times, and I get caught up in what I'm trying to say in the moment and makes it hard for me to progress.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador

I'm willing to try my hand at DMing again.
I used to DM for Easy, Tirin, Tolvan, Wilger and a few other, but I mean. I'm more focused on getting a job.

As for my own RP, going to mark ya down as Up for anything, but leaning towards Star Wars. Which leaves 2 for "Up for Anything" including Vance, or 3 if we make it One-Shotty, which I don't think I mind doing just to get back into the swing of things. I would like it to be forum based RP, tried DMing in meat space a couple of times, and I get caught up in what I'm trying to say in the moment and makes it hard for me to progress.
I might be down. What system are you running?

Top Bottom