Forumer Chat Thread

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Man, it took me a ridiculously long time to get my first real lab job after getting my degree.

Since getting that job, all kinds of people - including the government - have been getting on my dick about working for them. It's fucked up, really, how much a difference the first actual job seemed to make. Would have quit within the first few weeks to take another contract, if I didn't feel obligated to see the first contract through first.

Just a bit of insight for all you new job-hunters out there, which is a position I'm hardly far beyond myself right now.

AndyM03

Whoo, just got a job offer with better pay and benefits than I get presesntly!

Next round's on me boys!
Congrats! I'll take my beer in the mail thanks.
Man, it took me a ridiculously long time to get my first real lab job after getting my degree.

Since getting that job, all kinds of people - including the government - have been getting on my dick about working for them. It's fucked up, really, how much a difference the first actual job seemed to make. Would have quit within the first few weeks to take another contract, if I didn't feel obligated to see the first contract through first.

Just a bit of insight for all you new job-hunters out there, which is a position I'm hardly far beyond myself right now.
Glad to hear it gets easier! I've technically had a developer job for a year but it's been so small scale and with technologies that aren't really industry standard that makes the current job hunt feel like it's the first. At the very least i'm getting call backs, but so many rejections. Gonna make a web app over the summer to beef up that resume.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, I'm working with a multi-billion corporation. (You wouldn't know it just from the state of the laboratory in our very biggest plant, though.) And I'm by far the most qualified/competent lab guy there, so it's possible that has permeated through in some manner... either way, I've been actively turning down jobs that I actually want for a while now, instead of getting turned down for even the ones I honestly kinda don't. It's a very different experience from the time before I took this position, when I was just grateful for the opportunity of getting hired even though I made it clear I wasn't gonna fudge any numbers for 'em or any shit like that.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Pftah. Hardly much even you could do to fuck up the American healthcare system. Doesn't really go downhill from here...

The Hound

Just Monika
Putting TC in charge of the technology of a hospital is almost as bad as putting Trump in charge of the big red button. I cannot see this ending well.

AndyM03

Putting TC in charge of the technology of a hospital is almost as bad as putting Trump in charge of the big red button. I cannot see this ending well.
Tell you what I can see ending well? The famous Hound, renowned for forum banter, joining my mafia game. would be very arousing.

And if two negatives make a positive, TC might have just saved the American healthcare system for all we know. By accident of course.

The Hound

Just Monika
I've only ever played Mafia one time and was incredibly confused.

If by saved you mean overwrite everyone's medical documents and then somehow set the hospital ablaze than yes he will save them all.

Requiem

@Requiem If you're adamant about skipping this round of mafia I'll PM you the current roles if you'd like to take a look, it's my first game making roles/balancing after all. Would appreciate your input!
Edit: Not sure why I didn't just make this a PM!
No thank you. Everyone else has as much experience as me if not more.

AndyM03

No thank you. Everyone else has as much experience as me if not more.
Ideally i'll have bullied them all to join, thus making me unable to send them any cheeky information. All good though mate.

@The Hound Sounds like you're in a perfect position to play some more!

Requiem

If you literally can't figure something out, I guess I can help, but I haven't really done much role madness. I'm a vanilla sort of guy.

The best way I can help you is to direct you to Google and suggest looking up specific mafia roles that have become popularized. I could look over stuff though, I guess.

13thforsworn

Damn, y'all talking about jobs and shit. Literally got a job opening email today that I've been waiting for for months. It's only a temporary position, but getting a permanent position after the fact is very likely as long as you do a decent job, which frankly isn't difficult. And I'm qualified for the job too since I've worked at that company before in a similar position for the last couple of summers. Wish me luck.

The Hound

Just Monika
So I guess since everyone is sharing about their occupational successes I probably could share this little tidbit. I'm in the process of starting a little IT company with two buddies, and by start I actually mean we're being handed the clientele of an existing IT service company that the owner wants to get out of. I'm so nervously excited because the hardest part of these businesses is acquiring a customer base and well we already have it. The other huge plus is the previous company was run by two guys, one was the outgoing people person who actually grew the business and the other was strictly a behind the scenes guy, well the first guy left about 2 years ago to go into programming and the guy he left was struggling to be able to do anything but maintain the customers he already had. So we'll easily be able to pick up his already sizable customer base and we should be able to grow it on top of that.

Goodbye making hourly servicing computers, Hello making salary and owning a portion of a company.

Oh and it also means I'm moving back to California, but this time I'll actually have the money to afford living there.

Top Bottom