Forumer Chat Thread

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Hope everyone had a good Superbowl day! I'm not usually into football, but we hosted a Superbowl party at my apartment, and it was actually a ton of fun. Admittedly, I think it was much more due to the company than the game, but uh, yeah! Football!

Requiem

The game wasn't too bad, but it was over halfway in. I'm not a football guy, but I enjoyed it. Ordered pizza and just gave myself the day off after work.

13thforsworn

My friend bet $120 that the Panthers would win by 5 points or more. Guess who lost $120?

I got held up at work, so I only got to the Superbowl party with 10 minutes left in the third quarter, right when the Panthers kicker hit the post and out on the field goal attempt. HE HAD ONE JOB. ONE FUCKING JOB.

Requiem

I mean, I think being on the Panthers, he had more than one job, same as everyone else on the team and they all failed to do those jobs, what with being filthy losers and everything.

But no, I don't actually care about football, the Panthers tried. They lost of course, but they're still the number 2 team in the league and they've got some young players it seems. They'll bounce back. It's always interesting to see how the loser of the super bowl does in the next season.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
This was the first Super Bowl in three years that I was around to watch. I mostly just used it as an excuse to hang out with friends and eat a bunch of good food.

The Hound

Just Monika
Really disappointing Super Bowl, game was ugly, commercials were terrible, and the halftime show would have SUCKED had Beyonce and Bruno not been there and then they just outshinned the "main act" Coldplay.

Last years Super Bowl was much better, but this years Superb Owl day was fantastic.

Requiem

Coldplay was fine. I also don't get why they were the opening part of the halftime show, but it's not like they were bad. No, they didn't sound amazing, but I'd rather hear them sing live than lip sync like every other band. There are plenty of other entertainers who could have performed, but Coldplay got the job. Nothing too crazy about it.

The Hound

Just Monika
Coldplay was fine. I also don't get why they were the opening part of the halftime show, but it's not like they were bad. No, they didn't sound amazing, but I'd rather hear them sing live than lip sync like every other band. There are plenty of other entertainers who could have performed, but Coldplay got the job. Nothing too crazy about it.
Oh I wasn't even meaning the quality of their music, I just meant for an event like the Super Bowl they were a very poor choice and Beyonce and Bruno showed why. The Super Bowl should have an upbeat and energetic tone and Coldplay just didn't bring that at all (neither did the game itself for that matter).

You know me, I'm not the musical expert so really I could only judge them by the vibe and feel they gave off and they nearly put me to sleep.

EDIT: I do agree with you at least they had a real band who plays music and doesn't lipsync but there's so many other bands they could have picked if that's your only requirement.

Requiem

We talk on skype still. It's pretty neato. There's this new thing though that we might want to check out if people are willing. It's called Discord. @Maky uses it with our old LoM buddies and it's pretty cool. It's in the early stages, but it looks like an improvement over skype. Kinda like skype and teamspeak combined, but good.

13thforsworn

We talk on skype still. It's pretty neato. There's this new thing though that we might want to check out if people are willing. It's called Discord. @Maky uses it with our old LoM buddies and it's pretty cool. It's in the early stages, but it looks like an improvement over skype. Kinda like skype and teamspeak combined, but good.
Ya, I use Disc with my friends. It has the advantage of being free and I like the embedded chat options (like if you link an image link, it shows the photo in chat instead of just the text), but I still prefer Teamspeak over it for just voice functions. My friend no longer hosts his TS channel, so I'm kinda stuck with it.

Maky

Unknown
Can confirm. It's really nice cause it offers separate text and voice channels and it's all really easy to use.

Requiem

Yeah, we should consider using it. You can have it open as a tab in your browser instead of having it as a separate program, though you can still do that as well if you like, from what I've seen. It could be a good way of getting a mach chat going, perhaps.

Hey Maky, you ever RP on a forum?

Top Bottom