Continuous Jeroth's Eleven [CYOA]

Lotus

Jeroth sat before some of the best players of the game in the world. To his left was young man with a nervous twitch. He was definitely the underdog in this game, and everyone underestimated him. He'd made it this far though, so Jeroth at least knew he had to be good. Next to Twitch was Sloan. A balding man that reeked of thick musk. Sloan had a tendency to brush his cards against his over-sized mustache when his cards were bad. That was his tell, and right now it looked like the man from the Oklahoma panhandle might just eat his cards. Jeroth fought back a smile.

Next to Sloan was a lass from Ireland by the name of Cass. They called her Ginger though. Jeroth fancied her, but she made him nervous. He wasn't sure if it was the fact that she seemed just on the border of crazy, or that he'd yet to determine any tell from her, and that was dangerous if he wanted to take the pot, which at this point was setting at a mighty million dollars. One million in United States Currency. The look and smell of it could cause a man to lose his mind.

Next to Ginger, and to Jeroth right was Lefty. He was an old, grizzled WWII vet who'd lost his right arm in the war. To the untrained eye, Lefty was a harmless old man, but anyone that knew him in the slightest knew that he was as dangerous as a coiled snake.

Jeroth took a last look at his hand. Two Pair, Ace of Spades and Ace of Clubs along with the Eight of Spades and the Eight of Clubs. His fifth and final card laid face down before him. He hadn't picked it up yet, or couldn't, he wasn't sure.

Ginger smiled at him, and her gaze threw him off guard. Something was wrong...something...a terrible buzzing sound...

Jeroth woke up in his bed. The alarm was going off. This morning he was set to go to Vegas with his boss. He'd be gone for a few days and had packed up the day before.

Jeroth laid there and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. Time to get up.

What does he do?

[Snooze the alarm]
[Throw the alarm]
[Calmly shut the alarm off]
[Custom]

Rondait

Wonder why he's dreaming about playing the worst version of poker
It's Jeroth, so I think he'd calmly shut it off.

Lotus

[Calmly Shut it off]

Jeroth turns off his alarm and climbs out of bed. He rubs his faces sluggishly before standing up. He takes a quick glance around the room as the details of his nightmare drift away. His bed is a mess. His luggage that was neatly stacked aside his dresser has fallen over. One of the bags is open and has spilled out on the floor. He walks toward it with a groan. "What a mess..." He says with dismay. He yawns and his stomach growls. On top of his dresser, his phone vibrates and begins to ring. Next to his ringing phone is the clothing that he'd set out to wear.

Jeroth....
[Makes his bed]
[Goes to eat some breakfast]
[Cleans up his luggage]
[Answers his phone]
[Gets dressed]

Lotus

[Answer the phone and get dressed]

Jeroth picks his phone up and answers it. The contact info was for his boss. "Hello."

"Jeroth, you sound sleepy. We don't have to have this conversation again do we? You're making me very nervous about this trip. If you mess this up, it'll be your job. I need you to show me that means something to you. Do you understand?" The tone of her voice elevates Jeroth's anger subtly. He just woke up, of course he sounds tired.

While listening to her rant at him about being grogy and potentially unreliable, he slips into his clothes.

"Jeroth, are you listening to me. I asked you a question!" Echoed from his loudly from his phone's speaker.

[Respond in anger]
[Ignore her]
[Appologize]
[Custom]

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Call her a bitch Apologize, and indicate that he understands and won't fuck up.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
"Jeroth, you sound sleepy. We don't have to have this conversation again do we? You're making me very nervous about this trip. If you mess this up, it'll be your job. I need you to show me that means something to you. Do you understand?" The tone of her voice elevates Jeroth's anger subtly. He just woke up, of course he sounds tired.
I just woke up on the day that I have to make this trip and this legitimately made me so angry.

Call her a bitch Apologize, and indicate that he understands and won't fuck up.
^

Top Bottom