Ended Jeroth's Overwatch Mafia [ Town Victory!]

Requiem

Yep, the puzzle was fun. The technical side of the game Jeroth made is pretty dope. Everything else, not so much. Checked out pretty quick.

Coolpool giving up really didn't help at all, but anyways, I'll wait until after the game is over for all that.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I've even got all of the Ks figured out:
Klash with scum.
Konsume their will to live.
Krush them with swingy lynches.
Oh, I thought it was for "KeKeK." My bad, then.
Is nobody else doing the 20 word rule?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I didn't break it by much, to be fair. "KeKeK" is also pretty damn accurate.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah but I wanna show off how absolutely, 100% very seriously I take the rules. Unlike that Dunsparce faggot, amirite?

AndyM03

I know it's role madness so we all have something to do at night, but FD getting his night actions in pretty consistently on time makes me feel like he might be our final scum/SK, rather then an average power level townie.

Otherwise, Dunsparce misquoting me twice and never defending the misquotes would be where I set my sights today, if my other theory is too much of a stretch. I kinda like it though.
Thoughts?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Interesting theories. Definitely gotta explore the FD one if my next plan falls through.

Lynch Andy.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Going to bed now, so I'll just ask this before I do and pass on throwing out lynches: did anyone use any abilities last night to make somebody else untargetable? I don't mean impossible to damage - specifically untargetable.

AndyM03

Interesting theories. Definitely gotta explore the FD one if my next plan falls through.

Lynch Andy.
woah that's a spooky plan.
Does it have any reasoning behind it?
Luckily I think it'd be pretty impossible to lose at this point, but no point letting youse lynch me for nothing.

I did not Tirin.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I've failed to fall asleep, but reached a pretty major realization in my insomnia. We have not killed Sombra or Doomfist, and I suspect the latter isn't in the game.

Everyone keep your lynches off of Andy. You fuckers know I'm town by this point anyway, so give me the benefit of the doubt. I'll explain - in detail - tomorrow. This game has been exhausting, but that's no excuse for doing something rash and potentially stupid, especially when we're so close to a win.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Alright, fuck this, I'm double posting with my thoughts because sleep is an impossibility:

Dunsparce is effectively confirmed as Mercy, as is Anatron as Rein. I'm going to go ahead and confirm FD as Zenyatta because two people took extra damage last night - Req took 65 from my 50-damage Sonic Arrow, and Andy took 182 from Req, indicating two 30% damage boosts (and thus, most likely, a Zen).

That leaves Easy and Andy. And, y'know, I'd think it would be Andy, and he'd be the easy person to lynch in this scenario. However... we know that Req shot Andy last night, and pulling that +30% damage on the 140 outta nowhere seems pretty unlikely. It also seems unlikely that Req really would shoot Andy on purpose last night if they're both scum. Further, I don't believe Req was redirected to Andy, since it seems extremely unlikely that both he was redirected to shooting his scumbuddy and Anatron was redirected to attacking Req from FD; that makes no sense.

Can you tell me just how much damage it is you actually suffered, by the way? I'm wondering about something.
By all means. It was a cool 98.
Uh-huh. Okay, that number seems legitimate... unfortunately. That is exactly the amount of damage that would be accounted for by: my weak ass, no-enhancement alt-fire contribution, plus Soldier 76's primary fire. Soldier 76 is dead, of course, and I would have expected any anti-Town DPS to have much higher damage than that.
And, you know... now that I think about it, an attack specifically dealing 22.5 (rounded up to 23) damage is unlikely, or at least seems so to me. But if TC shot me on night 1 for 75 damage and was boosted by Mercy, or I had an orb on me from Zenyatta, that would conveniently explain taking 98 damage: 1.3*75=97.5, which would of course round up to 98. This way, however, Easy got to seem nonthreatening to town while also appearing to contribute.

Now you might say "Tirin, he was the first to put a lynch on Coolpool, clearly he can't b-" shut the fuck up. Easy's not above lynching or killing his own scum teammates to look like he's a townie, and he's certainly not above FoSing them (nor am I, on either case - they both work). But the thing is, he didn't press Coolpool's case much beyond "he's inactive", and avoided getting his hands dirty with a possible lynch on Dunsparce. He hammered Req, sure - but that was when pretty well everyone thought Req was scum. Everyone who put out a lynch yesterday lynched Req; that's meaningless.

I suspect that the reason FD hasn't posted, and the reason that Easy is so happen to mention lynching him as the plan after lynching Andy, is that he can't - he's been consistently hacked by Sombra, and that's why he gets his night actions in without saying shit in the day phase. I also think that it's likely Easy does drive the bus and just didn't want to get caught for it.

If it's not Easy, Andy is prettymuch definitely our man - but I have my suspicions that Easy is the better lynch, and I think I've outlined them pretty clearly. Lynch Easy.

AndyM03

I completely forgot about Dunsparce very likely being Mercy, Dunsparce, stop being scummy ya dingus.

Easy being the last scum would be pretty diabolical. I have half a mind to jump on that train straight away in a vain attempt to save myself. However, I do have some new thoughts now. At this late stage of the game, Tirin not mentioning an SK possibility in his post, when he pointed out a possible Junkrat SK on day one, strikes me as odd. It's certainly been in the back of my mind all game, I mean, a lot of the words spoken in Day one have been for me at least. If Tirin's town, i'd explain the omission as scum/SK Easy being the only perceived threat to himself. Can't really blame him for believing that. Otherwise, this outside of the box thinking could definitely be SK talk. Would be pretty tough to kill Zarya in the night.

On the other side, I love the FD theory so much. I mean we had so many inactives, one player being forced to be inactive is kinda crazy. If it ends up being a Sombra Scum/SK, consistently keeping a player quiet would have made it easier for a late game lynching. If Jeroth put that ability in the game, I don't think he intended it to be used like that, feel bad for Firedemon. And Tirin pointed out some unexplained bus driving, not something you'd expect Zarya to have unless it was a side effect of her ult, which as per Easy's posts, he doesn't (nor anyone for that matter) seems to have. Easy kept to the game on Day one, but said a few words against the Lynch Andy movement that day. On Day 2 I pointed out some similarities to a previous mafia game, but it was bit of a stretch. Kind of vibing for that theory to end up being true.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Easy being the last scum would be pretty diabolical. I have half a mind to jump on that train straight away in a vain attempt to save myself. However, I do have some new thoughts now. At this late stage of the game, Tirin not mentioning an SK possibility in his post, when he pointed out a possible Junkrat SK on day one, strikes me as odd. It's certainly been in the back of my mind all game, I mean, a lot of the words spoken in Day one have been for me at least. If Tirin's town, i'd explain the omission as scum/SK Easy being the only perceived threat to himself. Can't really blame him for believing that. Otherwise, this outside of the box thinking could definitely be SK talk. Would be pretty tough to kill Zarya in the night.
To me, it's irrelevant - one of you or Easy is scum or an SK, I think it's Easy, and I think Sombra is more likely than lone Junkrat or Roadhog, as she would act as the scum team's CC. I'm certain that FD is Zen, because Easy's claims don't make any sense to be him and we have those two damages boosts - they certainly aren't coming from me or Rein, and since one fell onto you they're not from you either. Process of elimination says it's FD.

By the way - if I was an SK, how would I be able to give such generally accurate tracking information? That'd be some pretty difficult shit to effectively fake for two nights in a row. Clearly, I'm not Talon, as I spearheaded the lynch on Req on day 3 and switched to lynch Coolpool after making sure not to lynch Dunsparce on day 2 (after failing to get Req lynched, at that).

On the other side, I love the FD theory so much. I mean we had so many inactives, one player being forced to be inactive is kinda crazy. If it ends up being a Sombra Scum/SK, consistently keeping a player quiet would have made it easier for a late game lynching. If Jeroth put that ability in the game, I don't think he intended it to be used like that, feel bad for Firedemon. And Tirin pointed out some unexplained bus driving, not something you'd expect Zarya to have unless it was a side effect of her ult, which as per Easy's posts, he doesn't (nor anyone for that matter) seems to have.
I don't think anyone has ult yet, but I suspect they'll be up by tonight. Easy's lightning rod strategy was one of the strangest things I think I've ever seen in mafia, and I applaud it if only for creating plenty of confusion on day 1 on top of all the other shit. Not a bad move if he's scum; quite ineffective otherwise. He also jumped on that lynch on TC, knowing I'd do so as well.

Now, see, the last thing - an important thing here - is that if Sombra can silence somebody, it makes it much harder to lynch scum than town, which is one of the only holes in my theory. Thing is, those two scum didn't defend themselves worth shit and we still nearly lynched a townie on day 2, while Req was kinda caught redhanded on day 3 (or, rather, wasn't and I fucked up in thinking so; I'm glad he was scum or this would've been a bad time).

Zen shouldn't drive a bus. Mercy shouldn't drive a bus. Reinhardt shouldn't drive a bus. I certainly don't. I think this game is finished or nearly so, but since you claim to have taken a lot of damage last night, and I'm reasonably confident that Easy is Sombra and you're not, I think that it's better to lynch him - less dangerous. If he dies and is a townie, you're still low and our prime suspect for tomorrow, but we have the chance of killing you tonight. If you die and you're a townie, Easy's still at an unknown amount of health (but probably between 350 and 400), will have ult, and will be pretty dangerous in general.

Personally, I've narrowed down my choices to the two of you, and we need four to lynch either way - which, if FD is silenced and Easy is scum, is literally every townie in this game. I haven't steered people wrong since day 1. Are you with me, boys? @AndyM03 @Dunsparce @Anatronman

AndyM03

This game wouldn't be a beautiful heart felt story if I didn't end it by your side bby. That and I agree with you points, but, y'know.
Lynch Easy

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Tirin.

Tirin, you fool.

Do you think if, hypothetically, there were a Zen in this game, he'd go around shouting "I'm Zenyatta! Help, they could easily kill me cause I have no defensive abilities whatsoever!"

Do you think maybe he'd instead behave as if, hypothetically, he was some impossible-to-kill tank that the scum would only strengthen if they even tried to target, but doesn't really contribute much besides in terms of night actions - and of course that must be so, given that he only grudgingly admitted it after really vehemently insisting otherwise at first?

How did you think I, who targeted you Night 1, knew that you took 75 damage from a second source after you told me you took 98 total?

How do you think I, who you know targeted Req, knew Req was lying after he told me the nice, even, non-divisible-by-1.3 amount of damage he took last night, while clearly not getting driven on any buses? And do you realize why that makes Andy so suspicious now? (NOPE NEVERMIND, that actually didn't happen. I was just really tired, and distracted enough to forget I'd changed who I was gonna target at the last minute. Lotta shit on my mind last few days.)

Don't be a scrub, cause I've got a lot of night attack damage I've been saving up.

Oh. And I could tell you how much you got healed for last night, if you like.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
...oh shit, wait, I actually did target Andy Night 2. Fuck, nevermind then.

Unlynch Andy.

Lynch Firedemon.

Dunsparce

I completely forgot about Dunsparce very likely being Mercy, Dunsparce, stop being scummy ya dingus.
Did you forget that I'm very likely Mercy, or did you just pretend to forget that I'm very likely Mercy so that you could get the person who is very likely Mercy lynched?
(Just a quick side note, I'm not specifically saying that I am, for a fact, Mercy, I'm just saying that there's a good chance that I am based on what other people think.)

It would take a pretty convoluted series of events for Req to end up targeting Andy if they were both scum. Although, it is possible since we seem to have a bus driver this game, and he just admitted to targeting Andy on Night 2.

However, I have some top secret information that makes Easy the best possible lynch for today. Since I'm pretty much confirmed town, I'm gonna ask you guys to just take my word for it.

Lynch Easy

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Oh. And I could tell you how much you got healed for last night, if you like.
Oh. Also, this was meant to be Night 2 (30 hp, by the way - more than I caused you in damage N1, so you're welcome). Last night, all abilities blocked.
However, I have some top secret information that makes Easy the best possible lynch for today. Since I'm pretty much confirmed town, I'm gonna ask you guys to just take my word for it.
Dunsparce, you fuck. If you're really Town, this is gonna blow right the fuck up on the whole team if I get scum-hammered and flip today.

Edit: Oh, and if your 'top-secret information' is that you can just rezz me after, then reconsider. If you actually have that ability, then in all probability I'll lose all the damage I've been saving up since then, and get stuck with a measly 45 in case anything unexpected comes up after (because, you fuck Tirin, unlike Firedemon I don't have Soldier-level attack damage on my own). Do Firedemon instead. Come at me, rezz him if it goes wrong - but I haven't led you wrong since the TC lead D1.

Edit again: (Honestly, don't really think the TC lynch did more harm than good for us either.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom