Ended Jeroth's Overwatch Mafia [ Town Victory!]

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Y'know what, fucker? Who would you suggest?

'cause as it stands now, I've got:
-FD as Sombra, Genji, or Zen with no way to tell for certain
-Dunsparce as Sombra or Mercy and no way to tell for sure (really? untargetable for three nights?), but probably a townie
-Anatron as consistent Reinhardt, the guaranteed townie
-You as "I was Zarya, but now I'm Zen, believe me guys" and extremely poor confirmations thereof
-Andy as claimless, but he does damage and seems to roleblock (McGee or Sombra)

Could be that Req shot FD and the damage was redirected to Andy - hence him showing as targeting Andy with my shit. As it stands, we legitimately can't be certain either way. I forgot the bit where Anatron's damage was redirected to Req - but the problem is we can't be sure of even that, as he's scum and would have incentive to lie, especially if FD really has been silenced this entire time.

This implies that FD is most likely to be Genji; Dunsparce has played pretty consistently in his claim as Mercy. Anatron is by far the most consistent town player we have other than arguably myself. That leaves you and Andy as viable options for today's lynch... and for various reasons (such as Req shooting Andy) I prefer you.

God damn, this day phase. Unlynch; lynch Easy.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I would suggest Firedemon, obviously. As far as confirmation on me, you know I had two targets Night 1, because you tracked me - and none of them were, or have ever been, "silenced." You know that one of those targets - yourself - got debuffed for extra damage. You know it isn't Firedemon or Andy who did that, because both are DPS. You know that Req shot Andy for hella damage, and while Req was in super passive-aggressive "fuck the game" mode at the time, that'd still be an extremely shitty thing to do to a teammate, even if he did have a suspicion there'd be tracking on it or some such. Lynch FD, motherfucker, cause I can straight-up kill Andy myself if we're wrong.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Oh, and shit. FD didn't target Req last night Night 2, did he? Anatron's attack may not have been deflected, so much as missed its intended target.

Edit: Oh, one more thing occurs to me... throwing an expendable teammate under the bus as scum is one thing, and I certainly wouldn't deny that I'd be down for that if the situation had called for it. But now that we know there's three scum, we also know that scum were just one Townie lynch and one nightkill away from winning the game on Day 2.

So why the hell wouldn't I have just helped you lynch Dunsparce, like you wanted to, if I were actually scum? There's playing the long game, and then there's just throwing the game altogether. I'm not all about the latter.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I also know that you don't know how much I got healed for on night 2, meaning you're probably not a healer. I know that, if you're a bus driver on top of whatever else, what you've been doing makes sense: attempting to transfer people targeting Req over to me and vice versa, as well as transfer what you thought would be protection on FD over to Req, which backfired.

Oh, and shit. FD didn't target Req last night Night 2, did he? Anatron's attack may not have been deflected, so much as missed its intended target.
So... you're suggesting that Sombra would force her teammates to take attacks for her, rather than avoid them entirely - which isn't fitting with her character and doesn't make sense. You're also suggesting that she would, for whatever reason, avoid targeting them in this scenario - again, not especially consistent.

Lynch Easy harder. You certainly wouldn't want people targeting you if you were a squishy little hack-wizard bitch, after all, which is more reason to avoid doing it. We can kill Andy or FD fine without you, but I can see you squirming.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Edit: Oh, one more thing occurs to me... throwing an expendable teammate under the bus as scum is one thing, and I certainly wouldn't deny that I'd be down for that if the situation had called for it. But now that we know there's three scum, we also know that scum were just one Townie lynch and one nightkill away from winning the game on Day 2.

So why the hell wouldn't I have just helped you lynch Dunsparce, like you wanted to, if I were actually scum? There's playing the long game, and then there's just throwing the game altogether. I'm not all about the latter.
I know that, if you're a bus driver on top of whatever else, what you've been doing makes sense: attempting to transfer people targeting Req over to me and vice versa, as well as transfer what you thought would be protection on FD over to Req, which backfired.
No it doesn't because I didn't target Req Night 2, you fuck. I'd just thought I had. Stop tunneling.

Anatronman

Lynch FD

Easier to test, easier to recover from.

Also an argument to be made here that FD is doing this on purpose.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
No it doesn't because I didn't target Req Night 2, you fuck. I'd just thought I had. Stop tunneling.
Checkmate - nobody but Anatron did, so that's fucking meaningless since he still hit Req even though he targeted FD. Clearly, my ability isn't showing if the person I track was targeted by Sombra, which doesn't clear you or FD here. If FD put that damage over to Req, I didn't see it; if you bussed the two, I also didn't see it.

Add that to how your argument for FD being Sombra hinges on him apparently choosing to be silent all day and also deflecting damage to his teammate (what scum busses himself and his scumbuddy in a game like this?), and how you've fucked up my healing numbers. I understand where you're coming from with this "tunneling" accusation, but you legit haven't given me any reason to think FD is more likely to be scum than you aside from "he can do 75 damage and I claim I do less" - which isn't indicative of shit, seeing as all kinds of people have all kinds of abilities which vary in damage done. The only thing you have on him is "I wouldn't have let the Dunsparce lynch slip away if I were scum" - but why would he have done so over you?

Lynch FD

Easier to test, easier to recover from.

Also an argument to be made here that FD is doing this on purpose.
???

Our recovery is the same whether we lynch Easy or FD; if one is scum, we lynch the other the day after. It's quite clear-cut. It's only easier to test because Easy is posting (and thus will lynch somebody) and FD hasn't - but by Easy's own words, people getting more difficult to lynch is something to watch out for, especially if we have reason to believe there's a silence effect in play.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Checkmate - nobody but Anatron did, so that's fucking meaningless since he still hit Req even though he targeted FD. Clearly, my ability isn't showing if the person I track was targeted by Sombra, which doesn't clear you or FD here. If FD put that damage over to Req, I didn't see it; if you bussed the two, I also didn't see it.

Add that to how your argument for FD being Sombra hinges on him apparently choosing to be silent all day and also deflecting damage to his teammate (what scum busses himself and his scumbuddy in a game like this?), and how you've fucked up my healing numbers. I understand where you're coming from with this "tunneling" accusation, but you legit haven't given me any reason to think FD is more likely to be scum than you aside from "he can do 75 damage and I claim I do less" - which isn't indicative of shit, seeing as all kinds of people have all kinds of abilities which vary in damage done.
Sombra isn't even loyal to Talon; the idea that she can dodge an attack and have an ally take the hit for her seriously shouldn't be that mind-blowing. You think he's Genji? Then he obviously can't be Zen. You think he's Zen? Then he pretty definitely shouldn't have Genji damage, or a redirect. You know who can have both - which you know he does!? Not Zen, and you know there is one.

How could this fail to occur to you, if not cause of tunneling?
The only thing you have on him is "I wouldn't have let the Dunsparce lynch slip away if I were scum" - but why would he have done so over you?
Same reason he's let every lynch slip away since he meme-lynched TC, no doubt. And me? I didn't just let that shit slip away, I actively opposed it in favor of lynching actual scum, while pointing second call at other scum. There's no real equivalence here.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Sombra isn't even loyal to Talon; the idea that she can dodge an attack and have an ally take the hit for her seriously shouldn't be that mind-blowing. You think he's Genji? Then he obviously can't be Zen. You think he's Zen? Then he pretty definitely shouldn't have Genji damage, or a redirect. You know who can have both - which you know he does!? Not Zen, and you know there is one.

How could this fail to occur to you, if not cause of tunneling?
Lack of good knowledge about Andy's role, duh. I don't know who he's targeted, who targeted him (other than Req and Zen), and haven't heard his damage from his mouth; I can't find a post confirming it from anybody other than you, either (and I'm too lazy to look for that roleblock shit - not that a claim from potential scum is very meaningful). For that matter, 80 damage wouldn't be outlandish for Genji - thus Andy could be Genji and Firedemon be Zen, instead of McCree and "oh no, Firedemon can't be both Genji and Zen". Frankly, I'm not sure if 75 would be way out of balance for Zen, either, but thinking about it - probably, if he can use all of his abilities in a night (maybe not so much, if it's only 2).

Same reason he's let every lynch slip away since he meme-lynched TC, no doubt. And me? I didn't just let that shit slip away, I actively opposed it in favor of lynching actual scum, while pointing second call at other scum. There's no real equivalence here.
So... you don't know, then. Gotcha.

And so, what? You put a lynch on Coolpool and held it steady forever - but I know you're more than willing to get ready of teammates if it appears valuable to do so. You didn't press that hard on lynching him, and an FoS on a scumbuddy is the oldest fucking trick in the mafia book for making yourself look like a good guy.

Frankly, I wanna lynch you because you're the most dangerous potential scum player by a mile at this point... but I think I've prettymuch narrowed FD down to being Zen and only Zen if he's town.

Unlynch; lynch FD. If he's Zen, Easy can fuck right off, and if he's not then I guess we pulled off that hat trick shiznit. That or this game may get a lot more complicated.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yeah, I'm really not worried about FD flipping Zen. No worries, really, as they say in upside-downland.

FoS on a scum buddy is 100% worthless indeed, but calling them second-best lynch right before successfully lynching some scum is a lot more significant.

It also occurrs to me to point out: if I were scum with some ability to take away lynch votes, then I wouldn't even need an immediate nightkill to guarantee a Town victory after lynching Dunsparce on Day 2. We'd have effectively secured half the lynch vote already, so passing on that to sacrifice Coolpool for PR value at that point would be absolutely self-destructive.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
It also occurrs to me to point out: if I were scum with some ability to take away lynch votes, then I wouldn't even need an immediate nightkill to guarantee a Town victory after lynching Dunsparce on Day 2. We'd have effectively secured half the lynch vote already, so passing on that to sacrifice Coolpool for PR value at that point would be absolutely self-destructive.
In retrospect, an incredibly cool but also impossibly busted ability to offer with 3 scum, unless it also lowered the lynch limit to account for that person's lynch - which, of course, would make it obvious to begin with unless other people deliberately went inactive - or that person could still lynch, just not do anything else. Even then, would be pretty fuckin' brutal.

How many players in poop mafia do you think end up having "not talking" as part of their conditions?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Too many, Tirin. Too many.

Dunsparce

I'm pretty sure I wasn't targetable at all the last three nights. I can "hide" behind my targets, but obviously it works differently from the standard Hider role, so I'll have to double check with Jeroth on that.
I can confirm now that I've been completely untargetable this whole time.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Firedemon - Easy, Anatron, Tirin
Easy -, Andy, Dunsparce,

Four required to lynch.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
...cool.

Hey, hammer Firedemon for me, would you? I wanna see what we get this time.

AndyM03

If anyone else healed me that night, though - hint hint, @AndyM03 maybe? - now'd be the time to speak up.
That's a no from me dawg, no healing here.
Andy, who did you shoot?
EDIT: I've been getting this sneaking suspicion that Sombra can use hacked abilities. Might be the wild card that's throwing us off.
Like i've done most nights, I used my trade mark duck, dive, dodge, double jump and dodge. Some of you might claim that's a waste of DPS, but getting scum killed during Day 2 and on Day 3 made me pretty confident. Since I can dash offensively or defensively, I've got a fair few options to play lone survivor. And the one time I didn't dodge I took a bunch of damage, so self preservation ended up being my game plan most nights.
Lynch FD, motherfucker, cause I can straight-up kill Andy myself if we're wrong.
1 v 1 me you dog.

I really didn't expect to wake up to this chaos. I don't really get how FD is easier to recover from then Easy, but since Sombra silencing people is up in the air at the very least we don't lose a data point discussion wise.
Unlynch Easy
Lynch FD

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Sombra silencer theory is off the table and in the ground, so you know. Not that I expect it'll be an issue past this point, anymore.

AndyM03

Sombra silencer theory is off the table and in the ground, so you know. Not that I expect it'll be an issue past this point, anymore.
Sorry, thought I skimmed well but apparently not well enough. For the sake of that lynching though, FD not really talking on his own behalf is still fine grounds for now at least, though i'm worried we're giving up our Easy winning position.

Top Bottom