Maelstrom's Hearthstone CHALLENGE CUP

13thforsworn

If that's the case, then maybe try to have all 5 matches one after another and have the one recording spectate.
That'll be difficult because you'll need to coordinate 11 people and have them all be playing games around the same time frame. It's doable, but probably not likely. The way I imagined it going down would be one of the people in the match-up would offer to record the match, and the two players would be in a Skype call/Discord channel/Blizzard voice chat. The video would only be the POV of one of the players, but that's fine, I'm sure we've all watched a HS Twitch stream at some point, it would be sort of like that. It's obviously all up to the players if they want to do it, but like I said, it was just an idea.

Tag_Ross

I think it would be better to have a "cameraman" and have each matchup work their schedule with the cameran. Both players should friend the cameraman so he can switch back and forth between the two players during their turn.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So I know you said cheating is obviously not allowed. But since people (AKA TC) are streaming what is your stance on coaching/giving advice? I'm not the type to do that sort of thing, but I felt it would be better to ask anyways.

Requiem

Just let the players play and if anyone wants to watch, they should. You shouldn't coach or give advice. Let people win or lose on their own merits.

Salsy

We'll basically be doing the first couple of rounds on the fly. I do want to stream the last few matches, though.
If you need someone to cast with absolutely zero knowledge of how the game should be played, I got you boo.

Maelstrom

So are all the decks in? When should we have the matches?
Nah, I decided to wait for Bob and Andy, since they did technically inform me beforehand that they were extremely busy around this time.

Not involved in the tournament, but does anyone want to record the match-ups? Put them on the community Youtube page or something? It was just a thought. Would be cool to see how people get rekt the matches went down. I don't think HS is too insane of a game to run in conjunction with Fraps or OBS, especially if you're recording to another hard drive.
I'll be streaming the last few matches.

So I know you said cheating is obviously not allowed. But since people (AKA TC) are streaming what is your stance on coaching/giving advice? I'm not the type to do that sort of thing, but I felt it would be better to ask anyways.
Shouldn't, since it's a slippery slope, but it's not really something I can police. At the end of the day, this is a friendly tournament and coaching/giving advice during the actual match goes against the spirit of competition.

AndyM03

So guys delays were 169% my fault, hope my donation makes up for it. Got my stuff sent to Maelstrom and i'm ready to play.

Rondait

Any time between tomorrow night and Sunday is great for me, as far as next week goes I'm not sure what my schedule will be like but if we can pick a time that isn't next Friday I can probably swing it.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I'm usually free most of the time. So just tell me when you want to play. It's only one match, so it probably won't be hard to find a time to have a quick game.

The Hound

Just Monika
So guys delays were 169% my fault, hope my donation makes up for it. Got my stuff sent to Maelstrom and i'm ready to play.
You can't take all the blame, I too was dragging since after getting back from vacation last week I proceeded to be super busy and forget all about this. When Mael gave me 12hours to comply and send my deck in I didn't log on until 30 minutes after 12hours had passed and when I tried to boot up battlenet it kept crashing. Finally I finished my deck on my laptop and sent it in only to realize one of the cards in my deck was from an adventure... So literally just now I sent in a deck in compliance to the rules and today finally Bnet is working so yea I'd say I'm the human rain delay here.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I'll be busy this weekend. I have a podcast to do with friends in the afternoon, catching a train up to New Brunswick and spending the night Friday & Saturday. Headed back Sunday and then I have board game night, probably.

13thforsworn

I'll be busy this weekend. I have a podcast to do with friends in the afternoon, catching a train up to New Brunswick and spending the night Friday & Saturday. Headed back Sunday and then I have board game night, probably.
Lemme know what New Brunswick is like, never been east of Quebec City. Newark, New Jersey is closer to Toronto than St. John, New Brunswick.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Thanks, m8

Lemme know what New Brunswick is like
It's filled with liberal college students that complain about how hard university is while they get psychology degrees and drink Starbucks.

We're also infamous for having: a Rutgers professor that taught a course on 'politicizing Beyonce' taken to the hospital over threatening to kill white people during class.

Rutgers Professor said:
“In class, we talked about flag burning generally as a form of protest, and what does the flag mean to different people. Then I made a comment, essentially saying, ‘Would people feel the same way about being so lenient with the Second Amendment if people went out and got guns to shoot random white people?”
Aside from that, we have lots of frats and we're in the Big 10.

I'm going to visit a friend who lives a mile off-campus and we might go visit my old theatre group since they're doing a production this weekend.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
It's filled with liberal college students that complain about how hard university is while they get psychology degrees and drink Starbucks.
I hate these people; they're adult children who just want their lives to be easy and don't give a fuck about contributing to society. My campus is infested with them.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I hate these people; they're adult children who just want their lives to be easy and don't give a fuck about contributing to society. My campus is infested with them.
Yep. It's one of my regrets of going to college. I went into debt to learn how to procrastinate, drink and deal with these people. It led to me breaking out of my shell, which was great. Then I realized how annoying and stupid their complaints can be and that some of those people who graduate never grow out of that phase.

13thforsworn

Top Bottom