OVERWATCH

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'd like to point out that:
-Doomfist has one of the worst ults in the game
-I was very low at that point, with ~70 HP
-You had a lot of help with all of those kills

Also, jeez, if a lame not-even-solo triple kill is all you've got in a game as Torb... who are you to be talking about who should get PotG?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
That was effectively a solo triple kill. You did fuck all actual damage to anyone that didn't just get healed back up afterwards, while I killed them all myself (with a little help from McCree), and somehow you got the PotG for it. Buncha shit, man.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Couple thoughts:

- Junkrat's Winter skin is beach-themed, which is great, but not displayed upside-down in the portrait, which is a little disappointing.
- Got a healing card with Soldier yesterday, in a hilariously quickly-won game of Mystery Heroes on King's Row with @Tirin where we started with like four Soldiers, a Mei, and a McCree. It was everything I wanted, except in that I failed to capture a screenshot in time to enjoy it forever. (RIP.)

13thforsworn

I've had that happen to me before. Queued with a six-stack and got matched against another group of friends in a six-stack. Also got queued against an old Guild Wars 2 guild leader that I hadn't talked to in years. Also got queued against an IRL friend. Good times.

I'm wondering if Blizzard's algorithm takes that kind of stuff into account. In the case of the guild leader, I didn't have him added as a friend, I just recognized his username, so that one was completely random chance.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
That must be it.

In other news: Easy Rider, him diamond.

After placing in silver this season and then haphazardly, mostly drunkly bullshitting my way around competitive games for a while, I finally buckled down and got serious about it after being freed from a profitable, but soul-crushing, work contract landed me with enough free time to start killing it at the rate of multiple hours per day. It looked something like this:

Notable point include:

-Dec 1: Started auto-locking Moira every game, switched from only playing nights very drunk to mostly playing during peak hours, mostly just buzzed or warming up.

-Dec 8: Huge exception made; got hella drunk playing Mystery Heroes with Tirin, switched to comp afterwards and kept getting more drunk and playing more games till after 7:00 in the morning. Honestly, the SR drop was among the least of my regrets afterwards. Let's just say that December 9th was a really bad time for me, all considered.

-Dec 16: break 2900, plateau really hard. Grabbing that last hundred points took a disturbingly long time, yo. In the end, I even went far enough as to go completely teetotaler for comp at this stage.

...so anyway, I think I'm done with comp for this season now. Cause man, 60 hours of tryharding Overwatch is kind of a lot to take on in under a solid month.

Other observations:

-Boy, players in platinum SR sure do call each other "plats" a lot.

-I was wrong about how to use Coalescence, when I first talked about it earlier. After extensive playtesting of the ability, I have concluded that saving it for huge clusters of people is rarely ever worth it, while popping the whole thing just to catch out and kill, in order of priority, the enemy Mercy, Pharmacy, other healers, or other DPS is almost always solid value. (You'll probably have the whole ult back by the time another team fight comes up anyway, which will generally mean using it for its other important function in objective-clearing value.)

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Aren't you a career plat now? You know you can't move forward looking back, TC. say what man I can't hear you down there

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Lmao phat Mercy nerfs on PTR:

- Valk no longer gives extra rezz
- Valk duration reduced by 5 seconds
- Valk's speed boost to Guardian Angel ability decreased by 50%

Discuss.

13thforsworn

Also Junkrat's mines have falloff damage now, thank god.

As for Mercy, I think she's still really strong but far less fun to play. The whole point of her playstyle is to be mobile, but they keep making these changes that clip her wings and makes her flat footed by gluing her feet to the ground when reviving. Hell, you can't even crouch when rezzing, even if you're already crouched when you begin the rez. It just pops you up, which is ridiculous.

- Valk no longer gives extra rezz
This one is annoying but kind of understandable. Reviving someone in a fight is very powerful, being able to do it twice even more so. Valkyrie should be about healing your entire team through a team fight, and I think this will place more emphasis on that aspect of the ult.

- Valk duration reduced by 5 seconds
This one is fine. I always felt it was too long. We end up wiping most of their team and all of my teammates are maxed out on heath with 6 seconds left on the ult, so I'd just pistol spam the retreating players.

- Valk's speed boost to Guardian Angel ability decreased by 50%
I don't know why they did this. Nobody ever complained about her speed. Just making her more flat footed, counter to what her playstyle is meant to be.

- No longer makes Resurrect instant
This is probably the worst change. You're just wasting time while not healing your team, which is kind of the point. If it's safe enough to revive during your ult, you may as well have just done it beforehand and then used your ultimate. I guess if using your ult meant you could get to the other side of the point to get the revive off, then sure, but Guardian Angel more often than not would have done the job. This change didn't need to happen, its an Ultimate after all, everyone seemed to agree that being able to insta-rez during ult made sense. What didn't make sense was when Mercy could do it all the time, and they've already addressed that issue in previous nerfs.

Overall a nerf was necessary since Mercy is grossly overpowered, but these weren't necessarily the changes that were needed. I think that they did this to appease the people who are complaining on the forums. Mercy was by far my most played hero (over 100 hours) because I found her fun to play. These changes make her significantly less so. She'll still be a must-pick after this nerf, but brain-numbingly boring for those who are forced to play her and already found her unfun. Personally, I would think that decreasing her self-heal during Valk would be better, because nobody ever even tries to kill Mercy when she is using Valkyrie since she self-heals so quickly (even in pro-play), bar maybe a Soldier Visor ult or a McCree High Noon. Or they could just change her back to Mercy 1.0, when she was actually a balanced hero, but that will never happen.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
EZ Diamond.

Wait, you're a goldie now?

lmaoooooooo.

Top Bottom