Paris

Firedemon

I think this is going to be essentially France's 9/11. 9/11 was a lot worse in terms of death toll, but I can't imagine an attack of this magnitude being any less scary to them. I hope the French people handle this shock better than we did.

Vive la France.

Last edited:

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
It's a real shame that they went and targeted civilians like that. My condolences go to the families of those who were killed in the terrorist attack.

Salsy

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
If these monsters will make the claim to statehood, they should suffer the same consequences any other state would. Get boots on the ground and they'll be hiding in caves within a couple of months.

Vive la France.

D

Danny

Unregsistered User
Months ago, when they let millions of people from sierra unchecked into europe, I said it was just a matter of time until something like this happened.
I kinda hoped I'd be wrong =/

13thforsworn

Months ago, when they let millions of people from sierra unchecked into europe, I said it was just a matter of time until something like this happened.
You know that the refuges from Syria are running away from the very lunatics who planned the attacks, right?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Months ago, when they let millions of people from Syria unchecked into Europe, I said it was just a matter of time until something like this happened.
What, and it wouldn't have happened if they didn't? Do you honestly believe that?

Tag_Ross

I think this was worse than 9/11, for the 9/11 attacks the targets were symbols, these attacks targeted people, innocents. What the hell is wrong with them?

The Hound

Just Monika
I think this was worse than 9/11, for the 9/11 attacks the targets were symbols, these attacks targeted people, innocents. What the hell is wrong with them?
Those symbols had a lot of people in them and the weapons they used also had people in them. I don't think there's better or worse just death tolls and fear, we'll see if france handles their 9/11 a little better than we did.

Requiem

Like others have said, the refugees didn't do this. They're running from the same people that committed this atrocity.

And I think the best way for all of us to look at this is in the way my college friend looks at it. Here's what he had to say on all this:

Nathan Bitgood said:
The recent bombings and shootings in Paris, as horrible as they are, are small change compared to what that city's been through. The Viking siege of 845, The Black Death (1466) The Reign of Terror (1793), the Prussian bombardment (1871), and the Nazi occupation (1940) are just a few of the evils it's so far survived. If the radicals think they have what it takes to succeed where these unspeakable horrors have failed, they are poor students of history.

Paris has always absorbed the evil of madmen and tyrants, it has outlasted them, and raised its towers, glittering and splendid, over their bones, et, si Dieu le veut, it always will.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
No peace without victory. Paris will endure; ISIS shouldn't be given the chance.

Requiem

If this doesn't start some sort of extended armed conflict, I have no idea what will.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
If this doesn't start some sort of extended armed conflict, I have no idea what will.
More of this, or this but bigger, or this but on a government target. Could be a number of things, really. "Bombing your capital city" is definitely up there, of course, even though it doesn't really make for much of a threat to the French state as a whole.

On another note, I've been pleasantly surprised by the lack of "cowardly Frenchmen" jokes from Americans so far. It's good to know that even when the greater part of a population is raised with an almost religious level of belief in their own superiority, there are still some lines everyone knows better than to cross. Warms the heart and mind.

Requiem

Oh, those will come eventually. People will make the joke and then we'll all say too soon and they'll stop making the joke.

Top Bottom