RWBY Volume 3 Discussion - Finale airs tomorrow (Feb 14th) at 10:am CST

13thforsworn

Not gonna lie, volume 3 of RWBY wasn't doing it for me... until episode 11. Now that was some fuckin' good shit right there. I went from losing interest in RWBY to 100% invested into the series again. Is anyone else watching RWBY? Are you hyped for the finale? What were your favourite parts of volume 3?

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Not gonna lie, volume 3 of RWBY wasn't doing it for me... until episode 11. Now that was some fuckin' good shit right there. I went from losing interest in RWBY to 100% invested into the series again. Is anyone else watching RWBY? Are you hyped for the finale? What were your favourite parts of volume 3?
Been invested since the trailers. I've seen the finale and I've been giving links steadily to Tolvan and Easy.

Favorite Parts: Mercury & Emerald vs Coco & Yatsuhashi / Flynt Cole & Neon Katt vs Weiss & Yang.

The music is also currently in the running for my favorite part - it's all fantastic.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Would have been nice if she'd showed up better armed, though.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Right? Something seems off.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Hold on - let me thumb through my contacts and see.

Requiem

It's a good thing Blake didn't lose her head over this, but Yang really went out on a limb.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Gotta hand it to Blake on that one, yeah. Glad you pointed that out.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
High fives all around.

Steal Thy Kill

Need more Flynt Coal jazz remixes.

And the back half of this season is the first time I've really fallen for the hype that surrounds RWBY since the trailers. Looking forward to Volume 4, the finale sets up some good potential for it. Especially if the writing and plotting continues its upward trend from season to season.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Need more Flynt Coal jazz remixes.

And the back half of this season is the first time I've really fallen for the hype that surrounds RWBY since the trailers. Looking forward to Volume 4, the finale sets up some good potential for it. Especially if the writing and plotting continues its upward trend from season to season.
Yep.

Season 1 was introduction. Season 2 was pretty sweet except for the Breach, which was absolute bullshit. The saving grace of that episode was Caffeine being played.

Season 3 was all right for the first few episodes, but really hit its stride five or six episodes in. I'm pretty excited to see season 4 with:

Ruby, Jaune, Nora and Ren. While the other three girls were all right, I'm far more invested in Jaune now that he's dealing with the loss of his lover/mentor and Ruby who lost Penny. We'll finally get backstory about the orphanage were Nora and Ren grew up and also we'll be heading to the town that Pyrrah came from so: Expect Mama Pyrrah.

Steal Thy Kill

Yeah, the Breach was terribly anti-climactic. Was kinda bullshit, and left a bad taste in my mouth for the whole A plot of that season. This is the first time that I'm actually satisfied with a RWBY finale.

I'm really glad that the team is splitting up, and more importantly we're leaving the pit of filler that is Beacon. The three other girls need time to breathe, carry their own stories, and hopefully develop. Particularly Yang and Blake. If Blake could work through her angst that'd be nice. Would love to see her transition from worrying about and running from the White Fang to actively hunting them down in a sick solo revenge quest. And Jaune Arc is now officially my boy in this show. The back half of this season has really sold me on him being a good lead for the series as opposed to just the comic relief and a sometimes annoying side character. Plus JNPR was always more fun than RWBY, so it'll be good to see them get the spotlight. Ruby will fit in well with them.

Also, really hoping for the return of Torchwick. Guy was a dick but man was he the only fun villain.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Torchwick's confirmed dead, unfortunately.
I'm really glad that the team is splitting up, and more importantly we're leaving the pit of filler that is Beacon. The three other girls need time to breathe, carry their own stories, and hopefully develop. Particularly Yang and Blake. If Blake could work through her angst that'd be nice. Would love to see her transition from worrying about and running from the White Fang to actively hunting them down in a sick solo revenge quest. And Jaune Arc is now officially my boy in this show. The back half of this season has really sold me on him being a good lead for the series as opposed to just the comic relief and a sometimes annoying side character. Plus JNPR was always more fun than RWBY, so it'll be good to see them get the spotlight. Ruby will fit in well with them.
Gonna miss Pyrrha, but Team (RRNJ? RNJR?) should be fun. Hopefully Ren doesn't keep on getting Worfed like that, since at this rate, I estimate that he'll get surpassed by Jaune for combat ability somewhere around halfway through next season.

Steal Thy Kill

Dammit. Well hopefully we get some new fun villain as a replacement. Or maybe Mercury will rise to the occasion and up his snark game.

JNRR? idk. And yeah I think Ren has long existed to be a foil to Nora and get Worfed. It'd be nice if the ninja could be an actual ninja again. If nothing else because, without Pyrrha, somebody on that team has to step up.

Also all thirty seconds we got of Ozpin fighting was fucking incredible.

Top Bottom