Continuous The Forum Court (Tirin v. Thunder: Concluded)

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Your Honor, pardon my interjection.
Given the circumstances, I'll allow it.
Also, your Honor, wouldn't it be better to perform a psych evaluation in a more private, confidential setting than an open court room and in a format that would allow for a faster back and forth of replies?
I am hardly inclined to allow any crucial part of Court business to be conducted behind closed doors, in secret, or otherwise outside the view of public scrutiny. If it is in fact necessary, in your judgement, to perform your evaluation in a separate and more controlled environment, then I will grant you dispensation to have it done so. On the condition, of course, that full and unaltered recordings of the procedure(s) are presented to the Prosecution, the Defense, and the Court, which will determine what part(s) of the evidence are both suitable and appropriate for the public record.
Your Honor, I am strongly of the opinion that for the sake of legitimacy - and to ensure no mid-evaluation coaching on the part of the defense - that I should be included if he is. Otherwise, I accept the solution of LM recording the transcripts of the evaluation and posting them along with his conclusion. The jury, after all, deserves access to all pertinent records.
Very well. Both Attorneys may reserve the right to directly witness the evaluation process.

Last edited:

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Hi guys, do you know where I file a complaint? Firedemon set a bag of Regis turds on fire outside my house, and when I stomped it out my shoes got all icky.

Wait...is something going on right now?

LeMeh

I would remind the court that I was asked, by Your Honor, to be an impartial third party appointed to provide a fair and unbiased assessment of the defendant's mental state and to decide whether or not he is fit to stand trial for the crimes of which he is accused. As such, I would strongly advise against the presence of parties biased for or against the defendant during this assessment. The presence of a biased party provides opportunity for influence, whether intentional by interjecting their own input during questioning, or unintentional through the defendant behaving differently than he would otherwise due to their presence. I would further argue that the presence of both biased parties for and against the defendant does not mitigate this influence, but compounds it. Furthermore, even if no actual influence is exerted over the assessment by either party, their presence alone could be used by the objecting party to argue that the assessment's integrity was compromised and demand a new assessment under a newly appointed third party in hopes of getting a new outcome favorable to them..

Instead, I would invite the defense and prosecution to question me before my assessment takes place until both are satisfied with my impartiality and agree to allow my assessment to be conducted without their presence. I would also allow Your Honor access as an impartial observer. Once my assessment is complete, I will testify as to my conclusion and once again open myself to questioning by the prosecution and defense. However, I would not have the logs of the assessment submitted to open court until after both parties have agreed to abide by my decision. I argue this because if the logs are released before then, the party who would object to my decision could attempt to assess the defendant themselves and offer a counter-conclusion based upon it, thus forcing Your Honor to decide which assessment has more merit, and if the prosecution and defense are allowed to provide their own assessment of the defendant's mental state for Your Honor to decide upon, I would question the point of my presence at all.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I have no questions and, as mentioned, am entirely fine with neither myself nor the defense being party to this evaluation, provided that the full records are released. However, I will note that the grounds for an insanity defense are that the defendant is not at all responsible for their actions owing to a psychiatric disease at the time of the criminal act.

For this reason, I may have questions for LM following the evaluation.

LeMeh

Very well. Both Attorneys may reserve the right to directly witness the evaluation process.
We have heard from the prosecution, but still have not heard from the defense or from Your Honor about my objection to direct witness of the evaluation process by both attorneys. I would like to hear a definitive ruling so that we may proceed and schedule a time to meet with the defendant.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I'll give @AndyM03 a few more hours to object, and settle the matter when I get off work.

Walrus

In lieu of my attorney, I can say that I am prepared for this evaluation and can talk with LM to find a time for it when I would be the most stable (I've been doing a lot of balancing exercises recently and would prefer not to do the eval during such an exercise, as I might then fall over).

AndyM03

I am happy to proceed without further questions to LM.
I would only ask your honour for the ability to give my poor, retarded/insane Walrus defendant, a big 'ol hug before his evaluation. He's a fragile beast.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Your Honor, I would like it on record that I wholly object to such fraternization between the defendant and the defense. It's unprofessional and unbecoming, despite how easily Andy can identify with criminals.

AndyM03

Your Honor, I would like it on record that I wholly object to such fraternization between the defendant and the defense. It's unprofessional and unbecoming, despite how easily Andy can identify with criminals.
Your Honor I would like to remind Tirin that those who dwell in these lands are innocent until proven guilty, And retarded until proven otherwise, so as to keep such unlawful comments to himself.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
In turn, I would like to remind the defense that technically, the burden lies on him to prove Walrus Man's insanity, and not me to prove him sane. I'd also prefer he doesn't accuse me of unlawful comments; my intention was to call the defense a criminal rather than the defendant, and the former is clearly the case as Andy is an Australian. What else would he be there for?

AndyM03

In turn, I would like to remind the defense that technically, the burden lies on him to prove Walrus Man's insanity, and not me to prove him sane. I'd also prefer he doesn't accuse me of unlawful comments; my intention was to call the defense a criminal rather than the defendant, and the former is clearly the case as Andy is an Australian. What else would he be there for?
Your honour, I'd like to request to hook this bloke right in the gabber swear on my life, second this charade is done i'm clocking this bloke out -
We are a civilised people your honour, my apologies.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Well, then.
I am happy to proceed without further questions to LM.
I would only ask your honour for the ability to give my poor, retarded/insane Walrus defendant, a big 'ol hug before his evaluation. He's a fragile beast.
Hugs and other hallmarks of human contact may fundamentally impact the results of psychiatric evaluation, so the Court must deny this...
And, (since full and unobstructed contact with the defense is recognized as a privilege of the accused,) this...
Your Honor I would like to remind Tirin that those who dwell in these lands are innocent until proven guilty, And retarded until proven otherwise, so as to keep such unlawful comments to himself.
And recognize this...
And also recognize this...
Funny, to me Australia always seemed a lot more civilized before you got there.
And also to make no comment on this.

@LeMeh , the Court will now grant you full discretion in scheduling the time of evaluation for @Walrus , within reason. Any arranged time period for the event is to be cleared with the Court at least twenty-four hours before starting, so that appropriate preparation for the witnessing and recording of such may be arranged beforehand.

Gentlemen, let's finally get this all over with.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Your Honor, I've gotta bump this thread because the psychiatrist appears to be being lazy as fuck. I have no idea if he's even contacted the defendant yet.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Order.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Though necessarily avoiding any specifics, in order to minimize the possibility of undue outside influence on the process, I will take this time to assure the Court that the psychiatric evaluation of the Accused in this matter - despite all appearances, an ongoing process throughout the previous few weeks, - is faithfully pursued and nearing completion.

Top Bottom