Active The Maching Dead CYOA: Chapter 8 - B Team

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
(Sorry, that came through late. Response to Req.)

Walrus

Ask Frilzer to reconsider, but also stress the importance that Frilzer not personally handle the capture or get too close to a fuse clone during study; Frilzer's medical skills make him far too important of an asset to risk. If this capturing a zombie thing backfires: Let somebody like the super-injured Walrus/Zircom be the one that dies.

Steal Thy Kill

Ask him to reconsider. Like, I'm not expecting Frilzer to go out and collect the damn thing himself, so let's not scare him into doing that. That's a job for somebody more capable/expendable. Most likely, whenever Easy shows up, I'll see the basically dead Walrus, let him get bitten, then keep him locked up for tissue collection. But we gotta find a cure somewhere along the line.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Ask Frilzer to reconsider the benefits of running studies on a live Fuse clone: 6? (Tirin, Easy?, Tolvan, Null, Walrus, Stealthy)
Agree with Frilzer that studies on a live specimen is too dangerous: 2 (Req, Coolpool)
Forcefully assert that studying the Fuse clones in person is the only way to overcome them: 1? (Easy?)
__________________________________________________________________________________________

"I'd like you to reconsider," says Stealthy. "There are elements of risk involved, but you can't step outside without risking your life now. Besides, we'll plan ahead of time, analyze every possibility, and proceed with the utmost caution with a live specimen. We'll find a way to do it safely."

"Okay, I'll think about it," says Frilzer reluctantly. "I'll think on how to mitigate safety concerns."

"Excellent, I'll see you later," says Stealthy, exiting the room.

Stealthy already has a couple ideas on how to make studying a live specimen work. They just wouldn't be popular ideas.

Stealthy puts on a warm coat and some gloves before heading outside. Icevin is preparing the helicopter and making sure all the right equipment is on board. They are almost ready to go, Stealthy just needs to bring another pair of hands on the trip.

Stealthy looks over to Jeb and Lumpy on guard duty. They seem to be talking about something.

Stealthy considers who to bring on the mission. He hasn't had too much experience working with Jeb and Lumpy, but from what he remembers, Lumpy is smarter, and Jeb is more loyal.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Who does Stealthy bring on the mission?

-Jeb
-Lumpy

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Bring Jeb. Don't want to get betrayed, left for dead, or anythin' like that, now, do we?

Steal Thy Kill

idgaf. I doubt Jeb is an idiot or Lumpy an unreliable fuck, so the difference isn't gonna be too bad. Am kinda worried about who's gonna be left behind. And if that's gonna be more of a thing to worry about than whoever will be my pack mule support.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Jeb. Stealthy's gonna be the brains of the outfit either way, what the mission needs is people who are going to do what said brains tells them to do.

Colonel Thunder

Jeb: 2 (Tirin, Easy)
Lumpy: 1 (Req)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

"How's guarding?" says Stealthy, walking up to Jeb and Lumpy.

"Pretty boring," says Jeb, almost seeming disappointed. "We haven't seen any Fuse clones. Or zombies, or whatever we're calling them now."

"It's pretty interchangeable," says Lumpy. "It's going alright. Weather's not great."

"I agree," says Stealthy. His face was getting cold from the wind. "Jeb, I'm borrowing you for a supply run. You can head over to the helicopter when you're ready."

"Finally!" says Jeb, looking excited. He walks towards the lodge quickly.

"You sure just having one person guarding is a good idea?" asks Lumpy once Jeb is out of earshot.

"Stay alert and you'll be fine," says Stealthy. "You can see a mile out before any threat reaches you. Just run inside and shout for help if you need it."

"Alright, I just think someone else should be out here with me," says Lumpy.

"Drag someone away from their work if it bothers you that much," says Stealthy. "You'll be fine. Oh, and keep an eye out for more survivors."

Stealthy walks over to the helicopter, where Icevin is running through a pre-flight checklist. Stealthy pats himself down to make sure he has all his equipment.

Weapon:
-two silenced pistols
-two Ezio-esque assassin blades
-a silenced pistol and an Ezio-esque assassin blade

Equipment:
-a personal cloaking device
-a bullshit utility belt full of always-helpful gadgets

Pick one from each category! Also open to suggestions.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Third for Easy's choice. Fuse clones probably don't need to see to find you, so the cloaking device is probably not great here unless it renders you undetectable to all of the senses.

Colonel Thunder

A pistol, a blade, and a bullshit utility belt: 3 (Easy, Coolpool, Tirin)
All of the above: 2 (Req, Stealthy)
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Stealthy makes sure he has his pistol, blade, and utility belt. They're all there and ready to use.

"Hey, you bringing anything besides that suit?" asks Icevin. "Like, some weapons or something?"

"I assure you, I'm ready," says Stealthy confidently.

"Alright then," says Icevin, exasperated. "You're the only person I know that's comfortable running around and fighting in a suit."

"I like to keep things professional," says Stealthy.

Icevin finishes his preflight checklist and starts the engine. Jeb exits the lodge and enters the helicopter with Stealthy. They begin flying back towards the forum, to Stealthy's mansion.

"There's three sets of equipment we need to retrieve," says Stealthy to the other two. "The rechargeable power cells, the medical supplies on this list from Frilzer,.and the blueprints to the power plant."

"I think I'm missing something," says Jeb. "Um, why are all those things important again?"

"The power cells are important," explains Stealthy. "Because we could use them to power our two helicopters. We're going to run out of fuel after one or two more flights into town, so it's kind of a big deal."

"The medical supplies are obvious," says Icevin while piloting the aircraft. "They're going to help Frilzer make a cure, right?"

"Precisely," says Stealthy. "Now, the blueprints get pretty complicated. You know how I have Lyn go on a climb every day?"

"Yeah, to the top of Mount Tarn," says Jeb. "Has something to do with the hexagon barrier, right?"

"Right," says Stealthy. "From the top of Mount Tarn, you can see the energy barrier that now surrounds the whole forum, preventing anything from getting in or out."

"It's also the spot where Recon said he'd meet us," says Icevin.

"Anyways," continues Stealthy. "The Internet Council is putting that barrier in place over all infected areas of the Internet, to keep this zombie thing from spreading too far."

"Oh, so the Internet is sending help soon!" says Jeb excitedly.

"Not really," says Stealthy. "The proper protocol would be to bomb the shit out of every infected area. They'll turn the forum into glass before they'll lower that barrier."

Icevin and Jeb look sick.

"Don't worry," says Stealthy. "We probably have several more weeks before they completely obliterate us. It's not like it's happening today, they have too many fires to put out right now."

Icevin and Jeb don't look any more at ease.

"And that's why we need the blueprints," says Stealthy. "If we can't find a cure soon, we'll need to overload the power plant in such a way as to short-circuit the energy barrier. Hopefully, we can shock it just enough to where it won't be down for more than a minute. That'll be all the time we'll need to escape the forum and join the battle for the internet at large."

"Aaaand then be executed afterwards for bringing down a Council-sanctioned barrier," says Icevin.

"We'll figure that bit out later," says Stealthy. "It's worth breaking a few rules to avoid getting bombed into oblivion."

"So, who's grabbing what?" asks Jeb. "We probably won't have much time when we get to the mansion."

"You're very right Jeb," says Stealthy. "We'll have to act very quickly."

______________________________________________________________________________________
How does Stealthy organize the supply run?

Out of Stealthy, Jeb, and Icevin....

-who will get the power cells?
-who will get the medical supplies?
-who will get the blueprints?

Top Bottom