The Vote Part 2: Electric Pollaloo

Which voting system would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
We have two days because this shit's already taken too long and we have a tie between direct and preferential voting. Choose carefully; you may not change your vote using the poll, and I will only accept a change in vote if you post publicly in the thread to say that you made a mistake before the end of voting.

Xander

The direct method doesn't make mistakes. We just kinda have to trust whoever's counting to get it right with the preferential method. Sure, direct let's me be an asshole and vote twice, but you can just check the people who voted to fix that.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Yeah, I'm sure there's no method by which we could, perhaps, post those results at the end to ensure transparency. That'd be just impossible.

Dunsparce

Yeah, I'm sure there's no method by which we could, perhaps, post those results at the end to ensure transparency. That'd be just impossible.
So it's exactly the same as direct, but with more steps involved and it has the possibility to be counted wrong. Boy, you sure showed me, Tirin.

Maybe since I'm the one who doesn't trust you fuckers to count right, and since I'm not actually running, I should be the designated vote counter. That would also be poetic or something since I started the election.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
So it's exactly the same as direct, but with more steps involved and it has the possibility to be counted wrong. Boy, you sure showed me, Tirin.

Maybe since I'm the one who doesn't trust you fuckers to count right, and since I'm not actually running, I should be the designated vote counter. That would also be poetic or something since I started the election.
Sorry that we're not all total dumbasses who can't count and somehow think that a direct system functions the same as a preferential vote, indicating a severe lack of understanding of both systems.

Given that you can't tell the difference between one and two judging by the number of votes you've cast in this poll, you ain't gonna count shit. I'm your new Electoral Officer, especially since I've done all the work getting this set up to begin with.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The direct method doesn't make mistakes. We just kinda have to trust whoever's counting to get it right with the preferential method. Sure, direct let's me be an asshole and vote twice, but you can just check the people who voted to fix that.
Sorry that we're not all total dumbasses who can't count and somehow think that a direct system functions the same as a preferential vote, indicating a severe lack of understanding of both systems.

Given that you can't tell the difference between one and two judging by the number of votes you've cast in this poll, you ain't gonna count shit. I'm your new Electoral Officer, especially since I've done all the work getting this set up to begin with.
How's about instead of that, I'll count 'em. Makes sense seeing as I'm both a) Right Honorable Justice of these esteemed* forums, and b) Not Running, and I think my record speaks for itself as far as maintaining fair and impartial judgement goes.

Full transparency on the voting record will also be provided, of course, except where a voter specifically requests anonymity before the registry is made public.

Sound good to everyone?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Full transparency on the voting record will also be provided, of course, except where a voter specifically requests anonymity before the registry is made public.

Sound good to everyone?
It does - aside from the bolded text, which I suggest is omitted for the sake of transparency. As you yourself said of the Court:

(Given that the Court is a public institution, and does not operate in a secretive or exclusive manner, accusations may NOT be submitted anonymously.)
I see no reason that these same standards should not be applied to the voting record, as the office of mayor fits each of these criteria and I'm quite certain that political violence is a nonissue for Mach Entertainment - Vance Landow notwithstanding.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I feel like court is a far cry from voting. I would prefer opt-in anonymous voting so as to relieve pressure for people who may not want to vote for their buddy. This isn't a hill I'm going to die on, but I think it's a nice touch.

Requiem

It's also, and I can't stress this often or hard enough, not that big of a deal.

Unless people are gonna do more with their campaigns, make ads, posts, etc., we should just vote. Let Easy handle it, if people really wanna vote anonymously through him, allow that option as well, and boom, mayor.

We're adding extra nonsense to this for no reason.

AndyM03

It's also, and I can't stress this often or hard enough, not that big of a deal.

Unless people are gonna do more with their campaigns, make ads, posts, etc., we should just vote. Let Easy handle it, if people really wanna vote anonymously through him, allow that option as well, and boom, mayor.

The extra nonsense is the fun bit!

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm pleased to announce that preferential voting has won out.

Uh... they are? We've still got a couple interviews to go from Rondait, and we're hoping for a debate kinda thing. If you just want a quick process, whatever, but why not let people enjoy it?

I feel like court is a far cry from voting. I would prefer opt-in anonymous voting so as to relieve pressure for people who may not want to vote for their buddy. This isn't a hill I'm going to die on, but I think it's a nice touch.
You're just opening up Blooky not voting for you, wannabe-mayor candidate TC. : ^)

Top Bottom