TV: Game of Thrones

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
his woman kill his king who he loved more than almost anything
Melisandre isn't responsible for Stannis' death, and I don't think Davos thinks as much given that he's of the opinion that Stannis was fucked in the head.

Tag_Ross

I don't know, I liked the episode, but it felt more like it was just "confirming" all the most popular predictheories. [Frey pies, Coldhand Ben, Burn them all + Tommen from the Tower + setting up for Jaime=valonqar, R+L=J]

Also, for once I can say I loved everything that happened in Dorne this episode.

So, wasn't the high sparrow supposed to be some sort of evil genius, why the fuck would he let everyone gather in one place and just not realize something is wrong when Cersei isn't there, despite the fact that all her enemies are there and her trial is basically the main event of the year?

Again they tried to do the "The North Remembers!!" Speech, again it failed to deliver, the speech was okay but pretty much they just had her say the North remembers, repeat her speech from earlier in the season, and end it with the king in da norf, except her voice and accent doesn't fit the mood they wanted to portray.

Arya doing the Frey pies... It was okay I guess, don't know why she would go after the Freys if it's been quite commonly known for a while that at least one of her family members is at Winterfell.

@Tirin maybe, is you notice, the Armada has dornish ships, so that last scene takes place much later than everything that happened in Mereen. They've even said that the show isn't exactly linear, they just go a horrible time showing the passage of time.

Anyways, 7/10 not enough water in King's Landing.

The Hound

Just Monika
Melisandre isn't responsible for Stannis' death, and I don't think Davos thinks as much given that he's of the opinion that Stannis was fucked in the head.
What? She sacrificed Shareen to protect Stannis and it failed I'm pretty sure he could make that connection. And no Davos did not think Stannis was fucked in the head, for most of the story Davos thought Melisandre had some kind of control over Stannis and now finding this he would even be more sure of it since he believed his king was a just man. Besides all of that Davos is a smart man, he knows how dangerous Melisandre could be there's no way he wouldn't have advised Jon to at the very least not let her flee to his enemies.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Also, for once I can say I loved everything that happened in Dorne this episode.
But... Dorne is still shit, and deserves to be shit with the shittiest rulers it's like, ever had.

So, wasn't the high sparrow supposed to be some sort of evil genius, why the fuck would he let everyone gather in one place and just not realize something is wrong when Cersei isn't there, despite the fact that all her enemies are there and her trial is basically the main event of the year?
The High Sparrow was prettymuch just a really pious dude, and evidently one who didn't think fucked-up shit like that would come to pass. Can't say I blame him there, though it was stupid as shit that the Tyrells were forced to stay; if Margaery had lived, Tommen probably wouldn't have defenestrated himself.

Arya doing the Frey pies... It was okay I guess, don't know why she would go after the Freys if it's been quite commonly known for a while that at least one of her family members is at Winterfell.
It was on the way north if she didn't land in, like, White Harbor, and he was on the list.

@Tirin maybe, is you notice, the Armada has dornish ships, so that last scene takes place much later than everything that happened in Mereen. They've even said that the show isn't exactly linear, they just go a horrible time showing the passage of time.
That just makes it paced really, really shittily unless they go over what's been happening in Westeros for months on end (or more) before Daenerys arrives. If they do, it'll probably largely be White Walkers in the North and Cersei being apeshit in the south - if she lives long enough to keep it up, anyways.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
What? She sacrificed Shareen to protect Stannis and it failed I'm pretty sure he could make that connection.
By this reasoning, armorsmiths are fully responsible if the men they made plate for dies. That's fucking retarded.

And no Davos did not think Stannis was fucked in the head, for most of the story Davos thought Melisandre had some kind of control over Stannis and now finding this he would even be more sure of it since he believed his king was a just man.
What, was "he had demons in his mind" or whatever too subtle? He's been quite clear that Davos thinks he was mistaken to have believed in Stannis, and I don't think that his findings would suddenly shift all blame for Stannis' actions to Melisandre.

That said, if he followed the One True King again when he came back in season seven, that would be the fucking best - no matter how impossible it is now.

Besides all of that Davos is a smart man, he knows how dangerous Melisandre could be there's no way he wouldn't have advised Jon to at the very least not let her flee to his enemies.
At this point in time, Jon does not have any immediate enemies. The North is united around him and nobody's really in a position to go fight him.

The Hound

Just Monika
By this reasoning, armorsmiths are fully responsible if the men they made plate for dies. That's fucking retarded.
Umm no, that's a terrible comparison, a better comparison is let's say someone kills one of your family members saying it will protect your other family member and then that family member also dies, guess who you're mad at? Is it 100% that persons fault? No, are they a good person to be mad at? Yea. Then add on top of that her claiming to know that Stannis will win and it looks even more like she lead him and his family into a slaughter.

What, was "he had demons in his mind" or whatever too subtle? He's been quite clear that Davos thinks he was mistaken to have believed in Stannis, and I don't think that his findings would suddenly shift all blame for Stannis' actions to Melisandre.

That said, if he followed the One True King again when he came back in season seven, that would be the fucking best - no matter how impossible it is now.
I took that to mean that he was talking about Melisandre, the only demon Davos has ever seen was when he watched her kill Renly. Maybe he was questioning Stannis's choices but that was almost certainly because of Stannis's choice to continue to follow Melisandre.

At this point in time, Jon does not have any immediate enemies. The North is united around him and nobody's really in a position to go fight him.
Jon would be fucking stupid to not still see the Frey's (doesn't know he's dead), Lannister's and anybody who supports those two as his enemies.

Last edited:

Tag_Ross

I just realised that for once I can't say "everyone dies" when I give fake spoilers.

better comparison is let's say someone kills one of your family members saying it will protect your other family member and then that family member also dies,
Is it a comparison if it's basically the exact situation?

The Hound

Just Monika
You're right it's exact, but I didn't like Tirin's comparison at all and it felt like he was trying to sum up what I was saying in a simpler but wrong way. The armorsmith could be to blame if he claimed it was 100% guaranteed or your money back, but that comparison doesn't accurately show how humans act when someone they love dies. I'm just saying with hearing how passionately Davos has defended people in the past, the fact that he would just let the women who killed Shareen go, it's just crazy to me. Though I might just be fanboying over Davos, but that just seemed odd.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Jon would be fucking stupid to not still see the Frey's (doesn't know he's dead), Lannister's and anybody who supports those two as his enemies.
Jon would be a fucking coward if he thought the Freys were a threat to him, given that he has the North and the Vale rallying behind him, and once he finds out that Walder's dead he'll have to give even less of a fuck. The Lannisters currently aren't his enemies - and Jon would be a lot smarter to try and keep it that way if it's possible, given the importance of the incoming winter war.

Steal Thy Kill

Guys, regarding the ending fleet scene, it's called a time skip. And by time skip, I mean that clearly Littlefinger set up an enterprise where he took the technology in the jetpack he acquired back in season 2 and used it to make rocket powered boats, which Varys then used. Littlefinger, of course, has long since upgraded to teleporters.

The Hound

Just Monika
Jon would be a fucking coward if he thought the Freys were a threat to him, given that he has the North and the Vale rallying behind him, and once he finds out that Walder's dead he'll have to give even less of a fuck. The Lannisters currently aren't his enemies - and Jon would be a lot smarter to try and keep it that way if it's possible, given the importance of the incoming winter war.
Yea but put yourself in Jon's big black boots. The kid is obsessed with family and strength, don't you think he still holds a grudge? He might know that he can't fight a war from the north and south but I don't think he's forgotten what the Lannister's did, and I'm sure he'll want to speak with some of the Frey's who are left as well. Just because they might not be currently enemies doesn't mean you want to send a dangerous sorcerer capable of killing a leader from a long distance away to the other side. That unit is imbalanced and should either be used or destroyed.

Tag_Ross

Guys, regarding the ending fleet scene, it's called a time skip. And by time skip, I mean that clearly Littlefinger set up an enterprise where he took the technology in the jetpack he acquired back in season 2 and used it to make rocket powered boats, which Varys then used. Littlefinger, of course, has long since upgraded to teleporters.
No way, we all know littlefinger uses instant transmission, but Varys is using time travel, he just doesn't want to share it with anyone.

Tag_Ross

Just because they might not be currently enemies doesn't mean you want to send a dangerous sorcerer capable of killing a leader from a long distance away to the other side. That unit is imbalanced and should either be used or destroyed.
Hold up, she has clearly stated that she believes Jon is TPTWP, we all know how far she's willing to go for TPTWP, there's is no way that she would go against Jon, and even if she found someone else to be her TPTWP she wouldn't go against Jon now that he has an army whose goal is to stand against The Great Other, she poses no threat to Jon at a distance, only if she stays does her presence affect Jon.

Also, just saw a Reddit comment that said the capital's name finally makes sense.

Last edited:

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
My personal hope is that the Varys on the ship is somehow a Faceless Man and reks Daenerys, but there's no fucking way it happens.
Please. I would fucking love it. Three Dragons, an army and a massive fleet of ships with no commander.

Davos cared enough to threaten personally executing her the next time he sees her. I say just a good example of an honorable man knowing not to talk back to his commander. No problems with it on my end.
Yeah. I agree.

Also, just saw a Reddit comment that said the capital's name finally makes sense.
Tommen taking King's Landing a bit too seriously?

I've heard the next two seasons are apparently shorter, which I'm okay with so long as the quality is on par with Episode 9 and 10.

Episode 9 had the best medieval war scene that I've ever seen. I thought it would be impossible to top. Then the start of Episode 10 happened.

The musical direction and everything about the episode. The audience members felt like they were Lancel following the child as the high pitch piano played, piquing their curiosity. The slow realization of what lay underneath of them as we all frantically realize what happens as Margaery does. The sight of the High Sparrow being engulfed and the chaos that ensues. Cersei drinking wine while watching gleefully. Tomen staring as he's filled with despair. He takes off the crown to place it down and simply walks off. That LONG scene of just the window from Tommen's view before he finally steps off.

That was the STRONGEST start. Riding throughout that, you had the Olenna putting down the Sand Snakes and allying with them. VARYS appearing there. Arya seemingly making it across the sea in an episode only to slit Walder Frey's throat, reminiscent of the story that Bran told in Season 3 of the Rat Cook.

While the North seems united, we know that Littlefinger's goal is the Iron Throne with Sansa on it. We know that there is trouble in the north aside from the walkers.

So for now, it seems we have:
Euron Greyjoy vs Dany in a naval battle.
Cersei vs Dany or Jon Snow on land

White Walkers vs Everyone.

Also, I'm ready for Bran to fuck everything up by crossing the wall.

I hope that the production quality of the seasons just follows episode 9 and 10.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
So Jaime's totally gonna wreck Aerys Mark II now. If he kills Queen Sand before the end and finishes the series with a hat trick, then I'll be a very happy man.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
There should be a massive penalty for eliminating Tommen. Just sayin'.

Tag_Ross

A friend just told me why he thinks Arya went to the riverlands instead of Winterfell, there is still another direwolf besides ghost, and taking about ghost, why have we not seen him since episode 2 or 3?

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
The Riverlands are also on her way to Winterfell, so why not?

The Hound

Just Monika
I guess one of the big reasons Ghost hasn't been around is because it costs them money to put him in and if he's not doing anything why bother. They wanted him in Bastardbowl but apparently logistically it wasn't worth it.

Top Bottom