TV: Game of Thrones

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Well, again, the Waif should have had at least as much training at blind fighting as Arya has. Just not as recently.

The Hound

Just Monika
Or maybe her training involved something else and this training was specifically for Arya in someway? Hard to tell but I still don't know why they'd just let her go home, I have a theory that she's going to be haunted by the Waif as I'm sure her face will be added to the collection.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Or maybe her training involved something else and this training was specifically for Arya in someway?
Unlikely, since they've got specific potions for it already. Would be weird if they just came up with those specifically for Arya.

The Hound

Just Monika
Well it seems like everyone and their Maester has a large supply of potions and vials of stuff, so who knows. All I can say is I'm glad her story line is actually going somewhere, I was so bored with all this crap.

AndyM03

> Trying to explain D&D's shitty writing
> When GRRM gave up on them and just told them to 'roll with it' they rolled over the half finished book 'The Winds of Winter' in their custom 20 million dollar Range Rovers until you got the script for Season 6 Game of Thrones.

Nah I've actually liked this season a lot in all honesty, but you can tell that they're cutting corners and rushing to the end. I think Arya's scenes dive in quality was due to some major changes by them, and trying to explain it with in universe logic won't work. Instead of rushing properly, they dragged certain parts out to give Episode 8 some shock value to remind people we're near the end of the season, especially since Riverrun didn't end up like the siege of Kings Landing.

I think the waif's done for, and any new skills displayed by Arya will be explained as off screen teachings. The purpose of her Arc was finding herself. She went from pretending to be a boy, pretending to be some lower nobles daughter to Tywin, eventually struggling with whether or not she hated the Hound and if she was his ally or just a political hostage, to pretending to be No one. She's confident in who she is now, now that she has passed the absolute test of identity.
As to her lessons, She might even ramble off some stuff she learnt to someone, maybe a Stark Family member when she returns home. In the books she learns languages, poisons, and how to be stealthy, not just how to fight. Because really, fighting is one of the last things the Faceless men should be doing.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Coming from someone who intensely dislikes Dany, it was pretty sweet to watch her demoralize the Masters. I called that the "Choose One to Die" bit would decide which two would die and which would survive.

Holy shit the Bastardbowl. Whoever directed that deserves an Emmy.

That was like Saving Private Ryan in Medieval Ages. The cavalry felt absolutely powerful and that long cut of Jon in the battle was intense. Jon being trampled and nearly drowned in dead bodies made me want to gasp for air. Ramsay playing with Jon and releasing Rickon to run was perfect execution of his character and one of the reasons I love him. If Rickon zigged or zagged, he would have been fine, but he just ran straight. It also irked me that Jon thought running all by his lonesome towards the Bolton force would work. I guess it was just a death wish?

The Bolton shield formation was perfectly intimidating. The tower shields of the flayed man enclosing you with spears stabbing at you and your allies? I could see why they rushed the dead body wall. Tormund biting the Karstark's jugular and stabbing him with a dagger was pretty intense.

RIP WunWun.

Ramsay being eaten by his dogs was a fitting ending. I could write forever about the parallels of Ramsay compared to Jon Snow with their weapons and their state during the battle. Either way, good shit. Let's see how the finale is next week.

The Hound

Just Monika
I was a little surprised all three of Dany's dragons were cool with her, somehow I imagined being locked in a dungeon would piss dragons off. I get that she got Drogon to chill (kinda not really but lets not talk about that) but the other two shouldn't be particularly warm towards her unless they were just joining in because burning ships would be fun.

Bastardbowl was amazing, though I guess I thought it was going to go on into the finale so it felt a little short. I guess I thought Winterfell was harder to break through than just one really pissed off Giant, meaning the Starks would have to use their knowledge of their home to defeat Ramsey. Maybe that's too cliche for GoT but it would have been cool to see.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Ramsay No-Ballston got btfo, which I'm incredibly pleased by. It was excruciating to see Jon get baited so goddamn hard by Ramsay, though (and see how stupid Rickon was, to not understand that he should serpentine).

I really hated how Daenerys' dragons make everyone around them scared idiot gaybies, though. A fleet where every ship has a catapult just watches while they hover in the air and burn people to death? Come the fuck on.

Whitetiger

The Bolton shield formation was perfectly intimidating. The tower shields of the flayed man enclosing you with spears stabbing at you and your allies? I could see why they rushed the dead body wall. Tormund biting the Karstark's jugular and stabbing him with a dagger was pretty intense.
Yeah it was cool how they used tried and true Greek / Macedonian phalanx formations in the show rather than just having both armies blob into each other.

The Hound

Just Monika
Totally random thought but why doesn't Lady Melisandre try to revive Rickon? I mean what's the harm in trying, plus it's not like she saw in her flames that she could bring Jon back so how does she know she's not capable of bringing Rickon back... Or at the very least try to save Wunwun, since he's actually useful.

Maybe it's just me, but if I accidentally revived someone, I'd be trying to revive every single dead thing I came across... Even Shaggy Dog's head.

The Hound

Just Monika
Actually he looks fine after the battle, I had to go back and look but he just looks cold and dead. There's a few arrows sticking out of him and maybe his bones are crushed but he doesn't look as bad as I would imagine for someone at the bottom of such a battle.

I'm sure you're right though, but I'd still try considering the Stark kids have a great skill of living through shit that should have killed them.

Walrus

Good finale. Very happy that Tyrion
got his hand back. I complained earlier about Tyrion having lackluster scenes, and his times as hand of the king back when were some of his greatest moments. This episode marks a return to Tyrion's glory.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
high sparrow btfo
lancel btfo
pycelle btfo
margaery btfo
loras btfo
mace btfo
kevan btfo
tommen btfo
cersei btfo

how the hell is varys with daenerys in that last scene? did this episode take place over like six months or what the fuck

Great episode, though I was less-than-pleased by the ending and a lot of the politicking going on. The way things are lining up for Daenerys is just... really fucking unfortunate.

The Hound

Just Monika
Wow, ok... So Davos wouldn't have been cool with just letting Melisandre go, like at all.

Yea maybe Varys went to Dorne and came back for that, I was confused too but with their teleporting bullshit I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Wow, ok... So Davos wouldn't have been cool with just letting Melisandre go, like at all.
By leaving it up to his lord Jon Snow, which was the honorable thing to do, he set himself up for that one. And Ser Davos Seaworth is an honorable man.

My personal hope is that the Varys on the ship is somehow a Faceless Man and reks Daenerys, but there's no fucking way it happens.

The Hound

Just Monika
Still he should at least tried to appeal to Jon about what this woman has done, and how what she has done besides bringing back Jon has been a complete and utter failure. Davos may be an honorable man, but this woman kill his king who he loved more than almost anything, killed basically someone he saw as his child, for what? He was so emotional one minute and then doesn't even try to argue. Plus it's not like Jon was super overjoyed that she brought him back, maybe he feels like he owes her but he should know that letting her go deeply hurt his relationship with Davos but instead Davos doesn't seem like he cares, which seems out of character.

Walrus

Davos cared enough to threaten personally executing her the next time he sees her. I say just a good example of an honorable man knowing not to talk back to his commander. No problems with it on my end.

Top Bottom