TV: Game of Thrones

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Not all that much more than any other age group, really.

The Hound

Just Monika
16 in that world is an adult, so I think we have to hold her to that standard and it was pretty dumb.

Lumpy

It was pretty in line with her character. She's like her father, too honorable for her own good. It's not like she didn't know they'd come after her, she was rushing the captain to leave early likely for that reason.

Zircom

No one speaks for the Many-Faced God.

The kindly man is someone.

The waif is someone.

No one is no one.

A sweet girl has shown mercy.

A debt must be paid.

One life shall be taken.

Which life matters not.

A life is a life.

It is all the same to the Many-Faced God.

A smart girl knows she cannot beat the waif in single combat.

A clever girl must deceive the waif.

A girl must play the game.

A girl knows an actress.

An actress knows the art of lying.

A lost girl has trained in the art of lying for two years.

An actress has given a sweet girl what she needs.

A girl has all the rest.

"You have very expressive eyes, wonderful eyebrows. Do you like pretending to be other people?"

A hunted girl must attract the attention of someone.

A hunted girl must stand openly where escape is easy.

The waif is someone.

The waif has desires.

An experienced girl knows the waif will want her to suffer.

A clever girl understands where the waif will want to stab her.

A brave girl must take a risk.

A lying girl must become a wounded girl.

A lying girl must act wounded when no one is watching.

For no one is watching.

A wounded girl must lead the waif into the darkness.

A girl has trained in complete darkness before.

The waif has not.

The waif is unprepared.

The waif has been tricked by a girl.

The waif believes she is after a wounded girl.

A girl is not a wounded girl.

A girl will deliver a life to the Many-Faced God.

A life is a life and the debt is paid.

A girl is not no one.

A girl will never be no one.

A girl is Arya Stark

and Arya Stark has many faces.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/4mz9hf/everything_a_girl_of_many_faces/

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/4mqy0r/everything_arya/

13thforsworn

I still don't know what you guys are expecting he to do in this situation. She decides she no longer wants to be an assassin, because it turns out you are just killing people you are paid to kill, not necessarily the people who deserve it. Whatever, that's a personal choice. She secures passage back to Westeros. What were you expecting her to do when the "old woman" called out to her? Were you expecting her to fly kick the girl without even looking in her direction? Spin around and clock her in the face with her fist? Magically materialize Needle in her hand and inpale her? I just don't understand what you guys are expecting of her.

Tag_Ross

Not to just stand there and let the ol bitch grab a hold of her and shank her like a prison bitch who got out of line.

AndyM03

I still don't know what you guys are expecting he to do in this situation. She decides she no longer wants to be an assassin, because it turns out you are just killing people you are paid to kill, not necessarily the people who deserve it. Whatever, that's a personal choice. She secures passage back to Westeros. What were you expecting her to do when the "old woman" called out to her? Were you expecting her to fly kick the girl without even looking in her direction? Spin around and clock her in the face with her fist? Magically materialize Needle in her hand and inpale her? I just don't understand what you guys are expecting of her.
Well, I believe Zircom's theory, but disregarding that Arya is well trained at this point and should have had Needle on her at all times, and should have known that anyone could be an assassin. I think her recklessness points to Zircom's theory, and I think it's clear she was being reckless. Flaunting her wealth when many would eyeball her as a poor girl, declaring she's Westerosi, etc, word would get around quick. Walking around without Needle and letting yourself be distracted like some tourist is a surefire way to get killed. Hell even in the modern day acting like that in certain countries is a guaranteed kidnapping or pickpocket at the least. Arya's simply been through far too much to excuse her.
The only explanation is Zircom's theory, otherwise it's poor writing because, yeah, that stuff WAS really reckless without a plan behind it.

Basically we're saying she shouldn't have been in that situation. She should have subtly hired passage, hidden herself during the day, and kept Needle on her at all times.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm pretty pleased about how things went with Arya, and every scene with the Hound in it has been super goddamn fun to watch.

On the other hand, this episode is confirmed for complete and total shit on account of outlawing Cleganebowl. Tommen has no balls, and as far as I'm concerned that makes him a Joffrey-tier king.

Walrus

Worst part for me was the Cersei play foreshadowing at the beginning. Sounded like the writers threatening to kill off Tyrion.

Overall - Good episode. Awesome hound. I didn't quite like the execution of the Arya scene because I had trouble believing that Arya could have made it that far in a chase before dying + I also had trouble believing that "no one" would go so far in publicly chasing someone down the streets; I expected more stealth from the Waif.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Man I can't explain just how much more enjoyable the show is with the Hound back around, he's just the best.
The show went from average fun to constant cheers and yells. Having the Hound in the background just storming up to the one knight who is completely unaware? I was just yelling at how awesome it was. Every scene with him was awesome.

On the other hand, this episode is confirmed for complete and total shit on account of outlawing Cleganebowl. Tommen has no balls, and as far as I'm concerned that makes him a Joffrey-tier king.
Tommen the Hypeslayer. The High Sparrow must have heard of what Zombie Mountain did to his Sparrow and decided to get that wrapped up with a nice little bow to make certain they can't escape.

Worst part for me was the Cersei play foreshadowing at the beginning. Sounded like the writers threatening to kill off Tyrion.
While on the one hand I agree, I need to see what this "secret" Qyburn and Cersei investigated. I'm wondering if Cersei discovered the true culprit behind Joffrey's murder.

I didn't quite like the execution of the Arya scene because I had trouble believing that Arya could have made it that far in a chase before dying + I also had trouble believing that "no one" would go so far in publicly chasing someone down the streets; I expected more stealth from the Waif.
It felt like a Medieval version of Terminator with the waif chasing her. Though I did enjoy her declaration at the end. "I am Arya Stark and I am GOING home."

Overall, the Hound was great, but we have Bronn & Podrick meeting up which was great to see along with Brienne and Jaime, who probably have the most interesting dynamic. It's not just pure sexual tension, but honor and respect are tossed in there. It's reminiscent of what the show used to be about and have before everyone found a dagger to put in someone's back.

Tag_Ross

Tommen has no balls, and as far as I'm concerned that makes him a Joffrey-tier king.
At least joffery was a king, Tommen's letting people ride him like a lil bitch.
also had trouble believing that "no one" would go so far in publicly chasing someone down the streets; I expected more stealth from the Waif
I haven't seen a worse assassin since I played the dark brotherhood questline in skyrim.

Tag_Ross

Also, Dany's return to Mereen was so horribly written they should have left it for next week at least.

Walrus

Generally disappointed with Mereen. Tyrion is supposed to be a cool character but it seems that the only good scenes we've had with him this season were the talk with the masters and the talk to subjects in the throne room. Perhaps his struggle was more interesting back when he was an underdog? Adversity towards him personally has been rather low.

Best plot line this episode - River run.

The Hound

Just Monika
The Mereen stuff gave me the feeling that they were trying to prove Dany's worth, like see even Tyrion can't handle all of this and he's a drunk dwarf who knows things. I've been saying for a long time that besides her Dragons and ability to withstand fire what qualities has she shown that prove that she's a good leader?

But yea her entrance was really silly, and the fact that that was all we got from her in the episode didn't help either so I agree with Tag they probably should have held off on her dramatic silly entrance.

All I can think about Tommen is man the Sparrow is good at brainwashing, because he went from weak mound of spineless jelly to basically condemning his own mother to suffer more religious persecution without even a fucking flinch. I wonder if they'll make him as mad as Joffrey but instead he's a religious zealot type of mad

13thforsworn

I'm really glad that the whole 'being a blind person' part that seemed to drag on for sooooo long finally paid off. Waif was like "We already know I'm better than you at fighting", and Arya just counters by slashing the candle as if to say, "ya, with your eyes". It was so perfect.

Last edited:

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
You'd think she would have gone through the same training. Granted, though, not unreasonable that she'd be more out of practice at it compared to Arya.

The Hound

Just Monika
You'd think she would have gone through the same training. Granted, though, not unreasonable that she'd be more out of practice at it compared to Arya.
Especially considering a large part of Arya's training was blind training, it's like teaching your pupil the technique that easily defeats you and then being surprised when they use it to easily defeat you.

Top Bottom