TV: Game of Thrones

The Hound

Just Monika
You guys keep saying the grass was matted down, again I didn't see that and this picture doesn't show it, still incredibly implausible to me based on this picture. (When I watch the episode again I'll look closer but all I saw was what this picture shows)

This one also shows how lush it was:

Maybe it's just that I've seen what a 1,000 horses do to the land and that's not it (unless a lot of time has passed which would have made finding the ring that much harder), maybe had they made it more obvious that it was IN Drogon's nest but even 20 feet away that's a crazy lucky find that lush of an environment. I suggest everyone tries finding a tiny ring in lush grass, I've done it and I wasn't in a field nearly that large and the ring was lost to the ether. It's not a big deal but it just looks incredibly silly and really unnecessary.

Also 13th those dogs ride alongside horses, how useless would they be if they were afraid of other horses. It was just an oversight, since I don't know how else they could have dealt with them unless they immediately threw Sansa and Reek a weapon to deal with them. I also thought maybe starting the battle with a few arrow shots would have evened out the numbers to be able to have a non-silly slaughter fest for Brienne and Pod the fucking Knight Slayer, yea that's just embarrassing.

The Hound

Just Monika
Ok I'll rewatch it but if he picks it up out of the grass then I'm calling bullshit, I remember him looking at a burnt up Ram in lush grass (again makes no sense if there's a fucking dragon blowing fire unless the dragon dropped it). Again either I blinked or the whole scene was confusing because again I had some confusion on why it's lush grass, and within the distance of where she dropped the ring and where the Dothraki took her it suddenly became a harsh red dessert. I'm just saying I've yet to see any picture (and my memory doesn't remember) that shows the barren wasteland that would be needed to see a ring on the ground and I don't see the barren land that would happen if horses and a fucking fire breathing dragon chilled out on it. So either I just missed the scene with brown burnt out stomped down grass in a HUGE radius or they just underestimated the power of horses and dragons and overestimated Jorah's ability to play eye spy.

Walrus

I liked this episode.

Watching Theon try but fail to escape the hounds and then distract the guards was a pretty great humor+feels combo.

"Don't worry, Sansa! We'll just cross this river and then we'll lose the hounds scent!"
"Don't worry Sansa! I'll just sacrifice myself to these guards and that'll save you!

13thforsworn

Ok I'll rewatch it but if he picks it up out of the grass then I'm calling bullshit, I remember him looking at a burnt up Ram in lush grass (again makes no sense if there's a fucking dragon blowing fire unless the dragon dropped it). Again either I blinked or the whole scene was confusing because again I had some confusion on why it's lush grass, and within the distance of where she dropped the ring and where the Dothraki took her it suddenly became a harsh red dessert. I'm just saying I've yet to see any picture (and my memory doesn't remember) that shows the barren wasteland that would be needed to see a ring on the ground and I don't see the barren land that would happen if horses and a fucking fire breathing dragon chilled out on it. So either I just missed the scene with brown burnt out stomped down grass in a HUGE radius or they just underestimated the power of horses and dragons and overestimated Jorah's ability to play eye spy.
You see that huge brown perimeter, and the tiny green circle in the middle?

I suppose it's an easy thing to miss since it's in the frame for only a matter of seconds.

Last edited:

The Hound

Just Monika
So I'm right, they did a terrible job of showing the damage 1,000 horses and a fucking dragon would do. I am wrong though that would make finding the ring way easier but again that's still not that obvious. Considering they could have blackened the earth if they wanted to since there's a dragon or really shown the affect of thousands of hooves trampling the life out of the ground they instead went with a slightly dark patch.

I rescind my complaint though, I wish they would have made it more obvious but I guess it was just obvious enough that some people spotted it since I wasn't the only one I've talked to who was calling bullshit on Jorah finding it.

TimTh33nchant3r

I suggest everyone tries finding a tiny ring in lush grass, I've done it and I wasn't in a field nearly that large and the ring was lost to the ether. It's not a big deal but it just looks incredibly silly and really unnecessary.
I have done something very similar to this if you substitute .50 cal brass for ring, and dry waist-high grass for lush grass. It took about 60 soldiers a bit less than an hour. Not fun. Doable for sure, but not fun.

Whitetiger

I think his name is Walder in the books but they didn't really establish that half the Freys are named Walder or Walda that much in the show. It'd probably be confusing that his name was Walder or some shit.

Requiem

It's taking longer than I would have liked, but I'm glad we're slowly getting to more consolidated storylines.

Tag_Ross

I think his name is Walder in the books but they didn't really establish that half the Freys are named Walder or Walda that much in the show. It'd probably be confusing that his name was Walder or some shit.
That's probably what I like best about the books, it feels like a real world because there's only like a dozen names, in the show there are a dozen name parts, but they're all different because apparently everyone's going to confuse the red head King in the North with his spindly little black haired cousin who drinks breast milk at ten years old just because they're both named Robert.

13thforsworn

Roose Bolton was a piece of shit but damn, being murdered by your own son after you declared him your legitimate son worthy of your name is rough.

I'm really glad that the Night's Watch didn't fight the wildlings. Not because they would have gotten rekt, but because it shows that Alister Thorne never really held legitimacy or power after murdering Snow.

Steal Thy Kill

Okay while yes Hodor's actual name was Walder in the books, that isn't the relevance. He's (95% likely) the descendant of Ser Dunk the Lunk of D&E. AKA a total badass.

BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS BECAUSE THIS ISN'T THE BOOKS AND WALDER HAS A NEW BACKSTORY AND FUCK THE TOWER OF JOY TELL ME WHAT IT IS

Top Bottom