Visitors

Walrus

If they developed in a way that gave them spacefaring technology, odds are they got electricity somewhere. It seems like a pretty basic thing to look at some alien race producing and controlling the flow of electricity across hundreds of miles and go "Yeah, probably sapient",
If there's one thing history has taught me, it's that the human capacity to reasonably predict the constraints on what futuristic things would have to look like is absolute shit.

Also: The sapience factor is irrelevant because they could be too different to easily understand us. That's what my fear is based on.

Last edited:

Tolvan

Campaign Killer
If they developed in a way that gave them spacefaring technology, odds are they got electricity somewhere. It seems like a pretty basic thing to look at some alien race producing and controlling the flow of electricity across hundreds of miles and go "Yeah, probably sapient", and I don't know why you would expect any spacefaring species not to consider the possibility of intelligent extraplanetary life.
I'm not saying they wouldn't be sapient. I'm saying their culture and very existence could easily be utterly incomprehensible to us, and vice versa.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
If there's one thing history has taught me, it's that the human capacity to reasonably predict the constraints on what futuristic things would have to look like is absolute shit
Yeah, I'm real sure they're getting to near/FTL without electricity.

Also: The sapience factor is irrelevant because they could be too different to easily understand us. That's what my fear is based on.
They don't need to understand us to recognize that we're also intelligent, just like we don't need to understand ants or termites to know they're good city planners. Besides, what kind of space jamoke just goes around genociding stuff?

I'm not saying they wouldn't be sapient. I'm saying their culture and very existence could easily be utterly incomprehensible to us, and vice versa.
I very much doubt that their existence would prove incomprehensible to us, though it might take a bit of work to understand. Their culture is a separate (and in many ways larger) problem.

Kratoury

Wow, you guys are uninformed as fuck. The answer is YES, aliens are real. They've visited us, they've abducted our people, and they are far closer to running our countries than any of us had ever dared to dream. With a little digging, I've managed to find a photo taken from inside one of their transportation devices. Before you look at this, however, I warn that you should brace yourself. This image may be somewhat shocking for those of you who are unprepared for its contents.

Tag_Ross

Wow, you guys are uninformed as fuck. The answer is YES, aliens are real. They've visited us, they've abducted our people, and they are far closer to running our countries than any of us had ever dared to dream. With a little digging, I've managed to find a photo taken from inside one of their transportation devices. Before you look at this, however, I warn that you should brace yourself. This image may be somewhat shocking for those of you who are unprepared for its contents.

I don't see anything wrong here

Top Bottom