Weird school rituals??????

adorablemuffin

So today in my auto class, my friend and I successfully took 4 tires off rims then put four new tires on the rims, all before the period ended. Apparently when you complete 4 tires, you get tire certified. The certification is a sticker off the new tire that's placed on your back.

My teacher set up the picture for us. It was really great, but really weird.
And you'll never know if I'm the girl on the left or the right. Neeevveeeerrrr.

So do any of you have weird school stories?

Requiem

You're the girl on the left.

As for weird rituals, I'm surprised your school even has an auto class. My high school blew donkey balls compared to that, but thank God we had keyboarding and typing to learn. Even though I never took it and completed my credit with a photoshop course instead.

Though my school has a ritual of winning state championships in football a lot. Got team of the decade for it too.

adorablemuffin

Auto is like the best class my school offers, a lot of people just don't know it. It's where I'm getting the highest grades, and the teacher is awesome. He's funny, laid back, and he doesnt freak out when we don't wear safety glasses. I don't know, auto is just great.

Chickenspleen

My school was actually two schools last year, East and West. Now that we're combined, it's taboo or something for the faculty to mention East or West as entities.

Firedemon

Your school is Germany?

My high school didn't have many weird rituals or traditions. The only thing I can think of is seniors skipping the Monday after prom, but I think that's pretty common. My university however is known for having weird rituals and traditions. Like, there's a seal in the middle of a major walkway running through east campus that supposedly if you step on you'll graduate late. So people going down that path have to step around it awkwardly. Of course some people just give zero fucks. There's also a super old oak tree called The Century Tree, and supposedly if you walk under it with your one true love you'll be together forever, but if you walk under it alone or with someone who isn't, you'll be alone forever. Lots of people will propose under it. I choose to avoid it just so I don't get weird looks. And of course some people just give zero fucks.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Internet stalking suggests that Muffin is the one on the right.

Aaaanyways, my schools always had this one weird tradition thing growing up. Towards the beginning of the day, the announcement speaker would come on, and every student in every class in the school would stand up, place their hand over their heart, and swear some kind of oath to a colored piece of cloth hanging on the wall.

I never quite understood that.

adorablemuffin

We have a ritual where O' Canada comes on and half the class stands and everyone else is too lazy to stand up at 8:20 am.

I don't understand that.

Xander

When I was in middle school they gave out all these arbitrary awards. I got the "Einstein Award" for actually asking the teachers questions . I guess it's a good thing that the schools are trying to make kids feel special for no reason, otherwise they would become lazy, narcissistic scum bags and expect the world to automatically cater to them! They would also probably develop weird mental disorders, giving themselves fake problems to deal with because they have none in the real world.

Chickenspleen

She's fine, Req. She just pauses for a snack and a bathroom break whenever you're offline.

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
My school had a ritual of loosing every football game ever every year and than allocating the majority of the athletics budget to the football team every year.

We had another ritual where about once a month the skaters and the hicks would get into a big argument and plan a big fight in the grocery store parking lot across the street from campus during our lunch break. Loads of people would show up, but no one ever actually fought.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
In my experience, LSD makes you significantly less likely to vomit.

My high school didn't have much for weird rituals as far as I'm aware, unless "the oldest students all skipping class one day" counts - which, I'm quite sure, it does not.

My university's rituals seem to entail doing a lot of psychedelic drugs.

Top Bottom