World of Warships

Firedemon

Anyone play World of Warships? I played it a little bit back in the spring but got busy, then finally got into it this week because of the promotion they're doing with the non-profit I work for.

But yeah, it's pretty cool. You play in pitched naval battles of opposing fleets comprised of destroyers, cruisers, battleships, and carriers. The developers put a lot of work into researching real historical naval ships of various navies, so you've got some mostly accurate armor and gun lay outs (they definitely tweaked a little for balance and technical reasons). I'm not sure where precisely the game lies on the game vs simulation scale, but you definitely need to understand some basic principles of battleship era naval combat to be successful.

I'm Kaidart on the NA server, if anyone wants to get rekt with me.

RECONmaster

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I played if for a little while, I'm kinda waiting for Warthunder's naval update. Wherever World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warships falls on the simulation scale Warthunder is always closer to the simulation side and since I'm more for simulation than arcadey ease of access I'm psyched.

Firedemon

Yeah I played if for a little while, I'm kinda waiting for Warthunder's naval update. Wherever World of Tanks, World of Warplanes and World of Warships falls on the simulation scale Warthunder is always closer to the simulation side and since I'm more for simulation than arcadey ease of access I'm psyched.
I think I remember hearing this before. Might have to check out Warthunder sometime, maybe when this naval update happens.

Wait, what's your job on the boat?

*flipping through department phone numbers*
I don't have an office you can mail a poorly devised prank to, if that's what you're asking.

Rondait

I've played some, been meaning to get back into it. I enjoy Warthunder but i'm not really looking forward to it's naval update since it seems to be taking an approach with a focus on small boys instead of big decks, which while I understand that from a technical and balance perspective it's not really what I'm looking for.

But yeah, back to World of Warships. I enjoy it. It's a good game.

Top Bottom