Continuous CYOA: The Road to Free Roller

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
INT-speccing West Oberland medic-mage. Most of the factions are pretty behind in healers.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I'm honestly suspicious that he didn't even skim it.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
They're a single paragraph each, and this motherfucker phoned in at skimming the first one...

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
But aren't a bunch of robots in charge of Gilderon?

Okay, I'll admit I skimmed the material...
What.

I'll make this quick for you. Bunch of humanoids put their souls into armour. Gave them lots of abilities and magic. They need to eat souls (of sentient beings) to survive. This is only the upper class though.

I still remember the sheet from when it was first made. I made a nation back then, never did anything with it. I was a pretty bad role player back then anyways. Probably not as bad as Zapy though.

Steal Thy Kill

The Oberland Republics seem wildly anachronistic, and in a bad way. Also how the hell do plate armor and castles hold up against gunpowder and artillery?

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Thick enough plate armor could actually hold up to early muskets, and East Oberland didn't really have modern artillery - just pretty good cannons. Magically-reinforced plate armor and walls made by a nation specializing in magical reinforcement is a solid defense.

But yes, Oberland bad as fuck, and this is after we limited it.

Steal Thy Kill

I guess magic is a thing that'd help, but yeah. I guess this is Zapy McNaziBoner's work. Perhaps they're in for a nice plague soon.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
I guess magic is a thing that'd help, but yeah. I guess this is Zapy McNaziBoner's work. Perhaps they're in for a nice plague soon.
From Zapy's own submission, regarding the WOR's military:
The knights success is mainly derived of their nearly unbreakable swords and armor said to be able to with stand many blows that would normally kill any other knight. The Mounted knights are valiant but their infantry are fierce with flintlock muskets and bayonets. The west Oberland's infantry wear protective armor made to be much lighter and flexible than their knight counter parts. The West Oberland's cannons are similar to the East Oberland's but much more beautiful and elegant in shape. The West Oberland lacks the Gatling guns, and Steam Panzers of the East but makes up for it with elegant and efficient fortifications.
And yeah, this is the revised version.

And then he started adding in things like 'the WOR provides most of the EOE's food' and 'in the Oberlander's religion, to which they are all super devoted, killing fellow Oberlanders is anathema always'.

And then he had his Kaiser persuade the rest of his country to invade the WOR without even a casus belli or anything. And oh man, the breakdown he had in the chat about it...

Honestly, the depiction of Zapy's involvement shown here in this CYOA is not all that terribly inaccurate. Humor is worth a lot more, I find, when there's a lot of truth behind it.

TimTh33nchant3r

Master Weaponsmith/Part-time Swordsman
Int/Dex
Galadonian (Rebel)

It is said that the Vrykal lords of Galadon are immortal, set in place to rule over the lesser humans by divine right. It is also said that the Vrykal are simply magical parasites, feasting on the souls of their subjects in an unending orgy of gluttony. I'd like to see TC embrace a rebellious persona as his first attempt at removing the shackles from his fighting spirit. Though, where lies the line between fighting for liberty and simply being belligerent?
I also like the idea of acknowledging the efforts of the people making fighting possible as well as those directly engaging in combat on a regular basis. Can't kill a god with a rabbit-slaying sword, unless said god is also a rabbit. Might even go all Darksword about it. Could be fun to write/read.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Y'know, there's actually gonna be a hell of a lot more interesting stuff going on in Galadon, so I'm changing my vote over to Tim's.

Oberland sucks. Dunno why I picked that shit.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
INT: 2 (Req, TC)
DEX: 1 (Coolpool)
INT/DEX: 2 (Tim, Tirin)

Medic/mage: 2 (Req, TC)
Smith/swordsman: 2 (Tim, Tirin)
Swordsman: 1 (Coolpool)

Vasa Ascendancy: 1 (Coolpool)
Galadon: 2 (Tim, Tirin)
West Oberland: 2 (Req, TC)

Y'know, there's actually gonna be a hell of a lot more interesting stuff going on in Galadon, so I'm changing my vote over to Tim's.

Oberland sucks. Dunno why I picked that shit.
I'm a little disappoint, to be honest. Ye of little faith. I actually had a pretty solid story lined up for slice-of-life for TC in the trenches, sort of thing.

Anyway, I'll start on an update when somebody tiebreaks. Unless the tie goes on for real long, in which case (and in all future cases for which) I'll default to whatever side TC's on, if applicable.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm a little disappoint, to be honest. Ye of little faith. I actually had a pretty solid story lined up for slice-of-life for TC in the trenches, sort of thing.
It's not that I don't have faith in you, it's that Galadon has a lot more stuff going on that I find interesting, both regarding the actual events and the reasons behind them (especially since the reasons are valid, or at least somewhat valid, for all sides involved).

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Beyond a doubt. But some people are just total fuckboys who're going to skip or skim the background stuff anyway, if I end up having to explain it. And the Galadon thing, as proposed, would take more explaining to do something with. In lieu of putting him directly into danger as with the Oberland thing, I'd have to focus a lot more on his overall impact on the front instead.

Which is not, of course, to tell you which of my own preferences you should play to. You all make the choices you think are best.

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
What I should really be thinking about is what would mean more for his spirit: rising up against immortal and deadly masters who have ruled since time immemorial, or being surrounded by death and destruction on a massive scale and doing everything possible to keep your countrymen safe and surviving through it all?

That's a pretty damn difficult decision.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Master Weaponsmith/Part-time Swordsman
Int/Dex
Galadonian (Rebel)

It is said that the Vrykal lords of Galadon are immortal, set in place to rule over the lesser humans by divine right. It is also said that the Vrykal are simply magical parasites, feasting on the souls of their subjects in an unending orgy of gluttony. I'd like to see TC embrace a rebellious persona as his first attempt at removing the shackles from his fighting spirit. Though, where lies the line between fighting for liberty and simply being belligerent?
I also like the idea of acknowledging the efforts of the people making fighting possible as well as those directly engaging in combat on a regular basis. Can't kill a god with a rabbit-slaying sword, unless said god is also a rabbit. Might even go all Darksword about it. Could be fun to write/read.
This

Top Bottom