Forumer Chat Thread

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
It seems both Dunsparce and text colors have made a startling comeback. I've been waiting for this day for quite some time.

Come to think of it, Nifty was the one who tried to get me into Homestuck..
Wait, was Nifty legit trans and not just a very dedicated roleplayer? If so, there's a slight chance I may have said a horribly offensive thing or two.

...Nah, I'm sure it's fine.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
It seems both Dunsparce and text colors have made a startling comeback. I've been waiting for this day for quite some time.
The collectively revolting use of colored text is anathema to me and all good forumers. The least you can all do is use that power responsibly, and not pick a bunch of shit colors that don't suit you worth anything.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
You're all assholes. I had no part in that.

13thforsworn

Wait, was Nifty legit trans and not just a very dedicated roleplayer? If so, there's a slight chance I may have said a horribly offensive thing or two.
Legit trans
WAIT WHAT

GOD DAMMIT WE'RE ALL ASSHOLES
I don't think we did anything wrong if nobody actually knew. Everyone here has some sort of character to them, and Nifty's appeared to be "the dude who roleplays as a girl". It would have been very different if she had told us, "hey guys, this is who I am, I'm not okay with these jokes that are being made at my expense." I realize that coming out as transgender is difficult for many people, especially since the stigma towards them is even greater than the Ls and the Gs in the LGBT community (at least in my belief), but in an online environment, its almost impossible to tell between what is a persona, what is a catfish, and how someone truly personally identifies.

I actually have no idea why Nifty even ever left all that time ago, but if it had something to do with jokes (which I honestly don't even recall anyone making), speaking up and setting the record straight would have perhaps changed the outcome, and people who continued to be dicks would have been dealt with via bans.

Last edited:

Whitetiger

So my League group and I watched 2 of the Fairly Odd Parents movies together tonight (don't ask me why) and we realized that this guy:

has the same voice actor as this guy:

and this guy:

Just thought y'all might find that interesting.

Requiem

WAIT WHAT

GOD DAMMIT WE'RE ALL ASSHOLES
I honestly never really got to interact with Nifty. I'm pretty sure I thought she was just a woman for the longest time, as opposed to specifically being Trans.

Hey, more power to her, honestly. I might be a silly dick sometimes, as well as an over emotional goof, but as Easy said:
You're all assholes. I had no part in that.

Requiem

Andy, I love and appreciate you for finally telling us the truth. It's good to know the reason you can't drive a car is because that you yourself, as a car, have no drive to succeed or exist. I can't take that away from you. Vroom, vroom to the exhaust fume fumes, little buddy

TimTh33nchant3r

I only ever knew Nifty secondhand, iirc. From what I'd heard, I'd pictured her as a female?
in an online environment, its almost impossible to tell between what is a persona, what is a catfish, and how someone truly personally identifies.
This is an excellent point. How we present ourselves over the web can be quite a distance from how we present ourselves in the physical world, and both can be completely foreign to how we actually feel about things. Is one's internet persona just another mask we wear for entertainment, or out of fear of being ostracized, or is it closer to the true form of one's will and essential self than anything seen in the outer world? Tends to vary from person to person in my experience.

Requiem

ayyyyyyyye lmao.
It was tough to come out but it had to be done. And by come out I mean coming out of the drive way, struth. Wish I had those rich reverse cameras.
Everyone needs to come out of the driveway eventually. You can't stay parked all your life. And if you need reverse cameras to feel like yourself, then you should get them installed.

TimTh33nchant3r

We are getting very deep but I too really liked 13th's post (y). Great moves man.
Meh. I'm getting tired and I sometimes act retarded when that happens. I will just say that I've talked to a bunch of people over the internet in various circumstances, and every last one of them seems to be kind of doing their own thing. So yeah. Humans. Good night.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
I actually have no idea why Nifty even ever left all that time ago, but if it had something to do with jokes (which I honestly don't even recall anyone making), speaking up and setting the record straight would have perhaps changed the outcome, and people who continued to be dicks would have been dealt with via bans.
Yeah, to an extent it was the jokes, but there was more to it too. I don't think Nifty even come out as trans until a while after she left the community, either. I really wish things would have gone better for her back then, and even now. To the best of my knowledge her family was/is(?) much less than supportive about the whole thing. Had we all known before she left, I'd like to think our little community would have given her the support she really needed.

Darn it guys, I miss my wife.

AndyM03

I only have good memories of her, so I hope she's doing alright.
Don't worry TC i'm trying to skuxx Maretocks again. If all else fails we have eachother.

Top Bottom