Forumer Chat Thread

Requiem

His sentence is a hyperlink... meaning you can click it.

TC, do I need to teach you to computer good again?

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
I'm like 99.9% sure I have some sort of severe mental illness, but I don't want to see a doctor because I don't trust them.

wat do...other than get drunk

Firedemon

See a doctor Regis. Your friends, family, and booze can help (or numb in the case of the booze), but a doctor can fix. Doctors understand that their patients don't trust them immediately, and that will be one of the first things they do, earn your trust so they can start to help you.

Frilzer

I agree with Firedemon Regis. Really. See a doctor. They arent out to get you and it can only help.

Requiem

What everyone else said as well. Mental illnesses are like any sort of injury or sickness. There's no shame in seeing a medical professional to help fix your injury, no matter the nature of it.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Talk to a psychologist or counselor or something. They ain't doctors, but they'll recommend you to one if they honestly think you should see one.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
Alright. I'll sort of just suck it up and go to talk to somebody, I suppose.

Thanks, guys.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
When the fuck did Zircom come back?

Zircom. You. Are. My biggest fan.

Xander

It depends on what's bothering you, really. If you have some kind of fucked up behavior that you can't control then of coursh you should see a therapist. If you're just a bit depressed, then guess what, so is everyone else; not a lot a therapist can for for you other than say "there there, it's all good". Then again, if depression is so severe that you can't function or develop physical symptoms, you definitely need help.

Based on what you've said, in my entirely uneducated opinion, you seem to be suffering from some kind of self-delusion. It sounds like you already made the decision to seek help, but you needed some kind of reassurance. You say "I need to see a doctor but I don't want to see a doctor! What should I do?" I don't deny any word of that, after all, who wants to go to the doctor? But the answer to your problem is obvious, even to you. I wouldn't have any idea what all this would mean, but maybe it's something to consider in your self-diagnosis.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
I more just wanted to see what other people think, because I've heard a lot of things about doctors and therapists not really helping and basically just forcing you to take pills that don't really do anything.

As for my symptoms, I'm not going to to try to self diagnose, but I have really, really, really extreme mood swings, obsessive and uncontrollable thoughts about insignificant details, paranoia (I can barely leave my house anymore, because I always feel like people are staring at me and mocking me), insomnia, and absurdly low self-esteem. I've more or less felt like this for years, but it's been getting consistently worse. I don't even know if what I have is anything that can be diagnosed, but I guess it won't hurt to see what a doctor says.

The Hound

Just Monika
I agree go to a doctor, but don't have any expectations they'll fix anything. There really is no fix for mental illness, just pills that can help but at a cost of side effects and therapy which results vary from person to person. The reason I say go to the doctor is maybe you're someone who really reacts well to therapy and maybe the side effects don't rock your world, but one thing I know is you have no idea how well any of these things work for you until you try.

You owe it to yourself and the people around you who love you deeply to give it a shot, and I mean really give it a shot (don't just show up and go through the motions) and who knows you maybe break the chain that's been causing you to feel this way for so long.

And don't forget, you have all of us here who are basically your online family, we're always here for you dude.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
And don't forget, you have all of us here who are basically your online family, we're always here for you dude.
That.

Also, those symptoms don't sound terribly uncommon. I'm no doctor, but that sounds like something pretty diagnosable in the DRSM or whatever it's called. It's been awhile since I took a psych class.

Firedemon

Also, those symptoms don't sound terribly uncommon. I'm no doctor, but that sounds like something pretty diagnosable in the DRSM or whatever it's called. It's been awhile since I took a psych class.
Pretty much everything is in the DSM though. Except being gay, they took that out. Sorry TC, you're not certifiably insane anymore.

Xander

I more just wanted to see what other people think, because I've heard a lot of things about doctors and therapists not really helping and basically just forcing you to take pills that don't really do anything.
Just avoid the psychiatrists, the ones who prescribe medicine. At best, most of their success can be attributed to the placebo effect, at worse they end up causing more harm than good. There's next to no scientific basis for anything in psychology, so taking meds is very dangerous. Just look for a therapist, someone you can talk to and help work out your problems.

Top Bottom