Forumer Chat Thread

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
You know what that reminds me of? That time we were going to play mutants and masterminds, and 15 people signed up, but then only about 5-6 of us actually came. We had one session.

We had more sessions in the CHAMBER OF PERIL fighting gorillas then we did actual sessions. That was over a year ago now.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
You know what that reminds me of? That time we were going to play mutants and masterminds, and 15 people signed up, but then only about 5-6 of us actually came. We had one session.
Yep. I remember that too.

I thought I knew the system

Spoilers: I didn't.

However the Korean Pop Star Super twins that could clone themselves into their own respective band is probably my greatest idea.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Yep. I remember that too.

I thought I knew the system

Spoilers: I didn't.

However the Korean Pop Star Super twins that could clone themselves into their own respective band is probably my greatest idea.
It seemed like a pretty complicated system. The pop star idea was neat though.

The Hound

Just Monika
I do not like the sad horse show.
That is an incredibly apt way of describing it, and honestly can't blame anyone for not liking it. It's an abusive relationship for me but I can't stop coming back to it. Though this last season was definitely the least depressing.

AndyM03

That is an incredibly apt way of describing it, and honestly can't blame anyone for not liking it. It's an abusive relationship for me but I can't stop coming back to it. Though this last season was definitely the least depressing.
lmao I thought you shortened Tag's quote but he actually said that.
I haven't actually seen the show, but I love that "Sad horse show" exists for some reason. That's a hilarious description.

Requiem

We legit had a guy at camp this last summer who got fired after less than two weeks because he just wasn't cutting it and he was annoying as hell, as well as pushing boundaries with the way he was talking to kids. Just an absolute idiot, but not a bad guy.

Anyways, this guy was fine the first few days with everyone and then all of a sudden, he starts just lying. Like, lying all of the time about himself and what he does and who his parents are. He lied about his parents being lawyers, then said they were doctors.

The worst of it were the lies he told about himself. He said he had been struck by lightning, broke his leg in six places, among a lot of other unbelievable things. He hadn't mentioned anything at all about horses until the horse instructors, the horse girls, showed up and he tried to get in good with them because he was apparently all about getting himself some ass. It was... annoying.

Believe me, this is all related to what's been previously posted.

So eventually he starts mouthing off about his horse he had back home, it was his favorite horse and it was yellow and wonderful and went, like, super fast, guys. It went so fast. Unfortunately, according to him, they had to put the horse down. But, he really knew how to ride that horse and he could totally help teach horse riding classes, right?

Problem was, he could barely ride any better than any of the kids in the class. He wasn't even allowed to trot he was so bad. He was actually also just plain dangerous both in that class and in others, like the ropes classes.

So of course the whole time we're making fun of this guy behind his back. Counselors are catty bitches, but he was also genuinely just being a bad counselor himself despite us trying to help him and make him better, but after a while, enough was enough and he was sent home for being an idiot on top of all of the mistakes he was making.

During all this time, we basically couldn't help but make fun of him. He was just too outlandish of a person for us not to. All of his lies started sort of melting together and he turned into the weirdest camp meme I've ever witnessed.

Basically, when I look back on this guy, all I'm gonna remember is him riding "really fast" on his horse, but suddenly getting struck by lightning, falling off, breaking his leg in six places, followed by his lawyer-doctor parents suing mother nature while simultaneously putting a splint on his leg.

And in all that time, because of the lightning, all we had to say to crack everyone up around him without him knowing was, "Kerchow!"

Side note, he had this knife he would strap to his leg during life guard training. It was a waterproof knife, meant to be used, well, during swimming of course, but he was supposed to be learning different rescue techniques during the training. Nothing ever happened with the knife, but he also literally never wore it any other time other than when he was in the water. My boss and even the girls camp boss had to tell him to put the thing away. We can have knives, the counselors, but we don't strap them to our fucking ankles.

I continuously amaze myself when I think about how summer camp even exists still. My life really is Camp Camp during the summer, y'all.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Anyways, this guy was fine the first few days with everyone and then all of a sudden, he starts just lying.
I know that feeling. I have a coworker whose age is different depending on who he was talking to. 30 for some 35 for others. He's been saying that he's been in the business for sixteen years. Someone did a transaction for him and his account pulled up listing him as 28, when we called him on it. He claims to have been an instagram model and picks up women with ease. One of my old co-workers saw him at the local bar, eating and drinking alone. He claims that he gets free drinks at a bar since he tips "really well." He drives a pretty nice car and has been insistent that it's a V8 Engine. He admitted later on its a v6 and when someone called him on it, he just laughed. He claims to be Puerto Rican and knows spanish. Whenever someone speaks in a fluent spanish sentence, he freezes and cracks a really wide smile, glancing for help. His way of helping explain to a spanish speaking customer was speaking english really slowly.

With all that aside, if you take him as a weirdly egotistical goofball, he's not too bad. The only enraging thing is that he's been tailoring his resume and lying with no repercussions. The dude admitted that he applied for a managerial position after lying on his resume that he was a manager elsewhere. When called on it, he asked: "How do you think I got this job?"

I think the dude is a modern day grifter. He's very charismatic and charming, but I trust him as far as I can throw him.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I honestly can't stand the idea people like that. It goes against a lot of the ideals I try to live by. I'd probably still be able to get along with those sorts, but the idea of it just makes me annoyed.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I've got a friend like that who has claimed, among other things, that:
-He is two years younger than the rest of our friend group (confirmed untrue via driver's license)
-He did extremely well on university exams and etc., in particular claiming to do better than friends in the class with him (confirmed untrue via people seeing his grades)
-Doctors cured a disease that affects him, but could only make one such cure and he decided to send it to some girl on the other side of the country (blatantly untrue, and ridiculous from premise - doctors here couldn't cure it, why would they be able to make it but only cure one person, why would they give the choice to some uninformed-ass kid on who to use it on, etc.)

I got along with him well, mostly because he would at least acknowledge when he was being a bullshitter and my friends and I are happy to be savage about that kind of thing, which discouraged him from doing it as much - he's certainly cut down significantly over the years. In general, though, I'm not a big fan of the kinda people who fake having achievements, skills, or experiences, especially ones that paint them in a decidedly positive light. Most people work or worked hard for what they have, and undermining that with self-centered bullshit is pretty pathetic. Only losers or genuinely awful people need to lie about themselves to look good.

The Hound

Just Monika
One of my best buddies back in the day was a total conman/pathological liar. It got so bad at one point I told him dude "I don't care about any awesome bullshit story about yourself you don't have to try to impress me". Funny enough he wound up in jail for for 7 years on a 10 years sentence for robbing a Wendy's with a fake gun (which is way more interesting than any of the lies he told). Just got out about a year ago, seems like a totally different guy which for his sake is great.

Top Bottom