Forumer Chat Thread

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
As long as there still exists a place to waste time, the biggest time-wasters among us will manage to find some time to waste.

Ibix

I think he means that kid that ripped out the inside of a clock and called it an invention.

Firedemon

Yeah, the etched circuit board doesn't make any sense for the kid to have done himself, nor does the strip connecting the display to that circuit board. If the kid did it himself it should have been beard boarded with ICs and/or been an absolute mess of wires. I probably would have questioned this before, but I was too distracted by how stupidly the situation was handled.

Requiem

They're all stupid all around. Kid just threw some stuff in a box, took it to school like an idiot, school freaked out on him, obvious media shitstorm happened, damn, everything sucks in this situation.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
Guys. His last name was Mohamed.

That "clock" was clearly an IED.

Requiem

tl;dr a girl I work with at camp who is a good friend and someone I like/would love if I had the opportunity was randomly a bitch to me and ignored me for no reason, admitted that was the case and apologized for it just now, so give me suggestions on what to say to her in reply while I let her wait a bit before texting her.

So this chick I'm friends with (who I also like, honestly) started ignoring me about two weeks after summer camp ended. We used to talk every day after my first summer, so basically a whole year. We had a great time this past summer, but nothing ever came of it romantically. I was okay with that, I still care about her a lot and she's a great friend, so I didn't really worry.

Then when she started ignoring me, I thought she was just being depressed or sad or whatever like people do sometimes. She did it once or twice and there was always something actually wrong at the time that she needed help with. I would eventually get her to open up and talk about it and things would get better.

So, background info out of the way, she started ignoring me hardcore. Like fucking really hard. I would try to get her to open up about it but she would shut me down or give me one sentence answers and then say nothing else at all. You guys know me, when it's clear you're just ignoring me for no good reason or you simply don't wanna talk to me, I'll just accept that and move on. I'm not worth your time, you're not worth mine sorta deal.

So to the fun part of the story. After nearly a month and a half of her not talking to me at all and me not even trying to talk to her, she sent me a text saying "Sorry for being a bitch and ignoring you. You've helped me out so many times. You didn't deserve that. I'm really sorry." I'm not petty, but I said "I win" after I got that text, so maybe I'm at least feeling a little petty.

Of course I'm gonna reply back with a nice message, but I'm not gonna let her off the hook so easily. There's gotta be a reason why she even did it in the first place, so I'm gonna grill her for it. Feel free to hit with some suggestions of what I should reply. Right now I'm just letting her wait a bit before texting back. I'm being bitchy/douchey, but fuck it, she can wait thirty minutes for a text.

Last edited:

Ibix

Ask what the hell she ignored you for m9. It's obvious, but I'm just saying.

Requiem

Yeah, I meant beyond the obvious. I texted her pretty much that though. "Why'd you do it at all, though?" Been about twenty minutes, she hasn't texted me back.

And she just texted me back while I was writing this. She was having trouble with her new home environment, living at home instead of having her own place while she's going to college. She's stuck with her family. She didn't want anyone talking to her, asking her how she was, or how things were in their new house. She says she couldn't or wouldn't talk to anyone really. She also said she didn't really have a reason for not texting me in particular. She apparently "couldn't just say [she] needed time for [herself]."

I wanna say that's bullshit and that it has something to do with me, at least with her reasoning to ignore me entirely and be actually and intentionally mean, but at the end of the day, I can't be sure and don't wanna assume shit. That and me and her have been over the whole "do we like each other" thing and we've decided to be friends since long distance relationships are the worst. With that in mind, I didn't think she was ignoring me for anything related to that, but what if? I don't fucking know, this chick trips me up so much.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
What Ibix said.

Alternatively, she may be an undercover agent or something, and was on a prolonged mission in which she could not contact you appropriately.

And maybe actually talk to her instead of texting about an important topic? There's a lot more subconscious awareness that you're talking to a person with a voice as opposed to a screen with a text message on it when you're actually talking to someone.

Of course, people might not be in to that because then you don't have time to think of cleverly worded responses or whatever, but meh, I'd say see if she wants to talk about it instead of text.

EDIT: Nevermind, now irrelevant.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
Possible Things Regis Might Do in That Situation:

1. Ignore her for a month and a half and then reply.
2. "You weren't talking to me? Huh. I didn't even notice."
3. "No, it's cool. I mean, I just have terminal lung cancer and I really needed some support, but whatever."
4. Send her hundreds of pictures of horse penises.
5. "Does this mean you're DTF?"

Requiem

She started the whole thing with text and she's the one who ignored me for no reason at all, her words not mine. I'm not gonna go to any length of trouble when I'm the one who's been fucked with after all. I'm reasonable and I rarely am on this end of situations like these, but I still feel like it's fair to do it however I want.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Can't say I have experience with situations like that but I would just wait until you get a reply from her for now. Then again I'm not the most proactive of people.

Requiem

I basically laid it all out for her. I accepted her apology, I forgave her for ignoring me, but she can't do that shit again if she wants to keep me as whatever we are. If it were anyone else she probably wouldn't get a second chance. She knows what's going on now.

Top Bottom