Forumer Chat Thread

Crowbar109

I tended to like food related jobs when I actually had something to do instead of just stand around until a rush happens. Being a barista was one of my favorites.

I'm glad I've never had to work a retail job.
I would never sign up for a retail job. I'd commit Sudoku before doing retail.

TimTh33nchant3r

So, I don't know if you guys have Good Old Games accounts or are even into stuff like this in general, but they're doing a summer sale where among other things you can get Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines for 10 bucks. The game is worth that for the dialogue options when playing a Malkavian alone. There's an ok story in there and a bunch of fun ways to jack up your enemies, but nothing for me will top the moment when you start talking to the tv and it talks back to you.

Rondait

I've heard good things about Bloodlines, but I'm still slightly disappointed that's the only decent game CCP produced for Vampire while they had the license. Still, Paradox picked up the brand I believe, so there is hope for the future.

BlookyHannah

Almost got involved in the Vampire the Masquerade tabletop game once... ended up not having the time.
This is my last day working as a a glorified phone and email answer-er. The night shifts were perfect for getting real work done.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Fun Fact: I've recently been put in charge of managing all the servers and firewalls and internet stuff for my work, which is an organization that branches across a few different cities and has a more than one million dollar annual budget.

Surely nothing will go wrong.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I keep forgetting some of us have degrees. Holy shit, we aren't retarded kids anymore.

Now we're just sentimental retards.
It's really not even the degrees. We've just grown older. It's been a solid decade since URealms was around. Folks have started careers and jobs on top of graduating. We all still have a soft spot for the community which is why we keep posting. I'm actually a bit curious to see how all of this turns out in one, five or even ten years.

Rondait

Yeah, that'll be interesting. Shit.

Well, on the less sentimental side my local Microsoft store (literally 70 feet from my kiosk I work at in the mall) hosted a Forza Motorsport 6 tournament today in honor of their E3 presentation. I ended up winning even though the bastard in the final round against me was blatantly cheating and the TO's were doing nothing about it. Came out with a cool backpack and year of Xbox live.

Salsy

How the hell do you cheat in an offline racing game?

TimTh33nchant3r

How the hell do you cheat in an offline racing game?
I know I made my friend's brother pretty goddamn angry playing splitscreen one time. I started losing really badly because I didn't (and still don't) understand the mechanics of the simulation that let you tweak your vehicle to get extra performance and I was just driving stock. So, I gave up on trying to race the guy and started going the wrong way on the track. Hit him head-on, my car worked, and his didn't. Turned around, started driving the right way again, and called it a win, since he ragequit before I could finish my lap and a half at 45 mph.

Does it count as cheating? It wasn't hax, but it would be pretty goddamn illegal (at least against the rules of the race if nothing else) and immoral (due to the danger to both parties) in the real world.

Top Bottom