Forumer Chat Thread

Rondait

How the hell do you cheat in an offline racing game?
Well the TO's were fucking dumbasses and said "No assists on" when we got there which was more than alright with me as I always play without assists. Instead of manually turning assists off and going through the list like I showed them how to earlier this week when they asked they just set it on the automatic "hard" difficulty which leaves on the "rewind" feature that allows you to "rewind" to a few moments before you fucking crash. This feature is only available in single player.

This wouldn't be a problem if we just had a split screen duel, but the way the tournament was set up was a best 2 out of 3 time attack. It's the second race of the final round (I won the first race) and up to this point no one had at all used the rewind function all tournament and it's my go. Halfway through my lap I fuckup and hit the wall pretty bad. I instinctively hit the Y button as that is the place for reverse in the old gran turismo games but apparently on the controller in Forza to reverse with an automatic transmission you just mash the brake pedal. Instead of reversing my car it ends up fucking reversing time to right before the corner i fucked up. I say "oh shit, here, I'll rehit the wall the same way I did before because I honestly didn't mean to rewind", everyone including the TO's and my opponent were okay with this, mistakes happen. I do so, reverse correctly and finish my lap.

My opponent starts his lap on this track much better than I did, to his credit. Once he gets to where I was however he makes the exact same mistake I did and hits the wall. He also makes the mistake of accidentally rewinding but instead of rehitting the wall like I did he emergency braked or something and made the corner like a fucking champ. None of the TO's were paying attention at that exact moment so nothing became of this. A corner or two later, he does THE EXACT SAME THING. The TO's watched this time, and I explained the situation while he was finishing his lap. They just said "Oh shit, yeah....uhh......we'll just make sure rewinding is turned off for the next race".

Luckily the person I was racing against is really fucking bad (the first two people I played in the tourny were better) and he managed to finish his lap slower than I did anyways so I won the tourny, but damn I was pissed.

TL;DR: CARRRRRRRRRRRR

Last edited:

Lotus

I know I made my friend's brother pretty goddamn angry playing splitscreen one time. I started losing really badly because I didn't (and still don't) understand the mechanics of the simulation that let you tweak your vehicle to get extra performance and I was just driving stock. So, I gave up on trying to race the guy and started going the wrong way on the track. Hit him head-on, my car worked, and his didn't. Turned around, started driving the right way again, and called it a win, since he ragequit before I could finish my lap and a half at 45 mph.

Does it count as cheating? It wasn't hax, but it would be pretty goddamn illegal (at least against the rules of the race if nothing else) and immoral (due to the danger to both parties) in the real world.
I remember this. I believe this is standard form for 'Tim is bored now' when playing any multiplayer game.
"I just wish you'd quicksave more often so I can murder innocent bystanders while you do quest stuff without worrying about fucking up the game entirely" - Tim after a session of BG : EE.

TimTh33nchant3r

LOL. The former had less to do with boredom and more to do with salt that he used what I perceived as an unfair advantage against me. In the end though, he was the saltiest. The latter had more to do with playing my character as the murderous asshole he's supposed to be than multiplayer trolling. If I were just trolling, I'd have simply done it and dealt with the consequences later, not asked for an opportunity to pander to my forum fans.

The Hound

Just Monika
I can't remember a time when giving up and trying to destroy your fellow racers wasn't totally justified. I mean that's how my friends and I have always played, though sadly far too many of the racing games we played either didn't have realistic damage or we just didn't have it turned on. Pretty much made it bumper cars.

Tag_Ross

I remember playing driver: parallel lines years ago, normally you couldn't use the tank in a race, but if you turn the turret and pull into the gate in reverse you can fit in the slot, so obviously I used the tank to blow up the competition then slowly drive the Seven laps of the track shooting RPG's into the stands.

Last edited:

Crowbar109

I'll take the bait.

Being a dick is relative, brah. I would understand relieving social obligations to awkward things like inappropriate laughter or staring, but being a dick is a lot of things to a lot of people. Are we talking about slight nuisances that are annoying and offend the people who are easy to upset , or are we talking about blatantly doing things that disregard others whatsoever?

If it's the first, then hells yes they should be alleviated. If it's the second, then hells nah, they should be responsible for their actions.
If it's somewhere in-between, then be more specific.

Also, what age range are we talking about here?

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
He's uh, he's referencing an old forum meme. Awhile back this one guy was being a royal dick and defended himself by saying that because he has Aspergers, he did not have the mental capacity to care about his behavior or something like that.

Anyways, the important part is that it quickly evolved into one of the greatest forum memes, as "Don't Care; Have Aspergers" became the new "Too Long; Didn't Read", except slightly edgier.

It was also a fantastic excuse to justify any words or actions, and served as essentially an extension of the first amendment.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
Anyways, the important part is that it quickly evolved into one of the greatest forum memes, as "Don't Care; Have Aspergers" became the new "Too Long; Didn't Read", except slightly edgier.

It was also a fantastic excuse to justify any words or actions, and served as essentially an extension of the first amendment.
Good times.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I'll probably start up a CYOA I've been wanting to do in a few weeks or less (or more). It's going to be an actual story this time and not some troll dream sequence thing. I'll probably try to keep the update size short before gradually making it longer when people get invested, so that people aren't turned away by a large text wall.

It's going to be about zombies, but not like Judgement Day (Riyant's forum rp that he did).

Dunsparce

You are a guy in a place. You have amnesia. What will you do?

>Do the obviously correct thing to do
>Punch yourself in the face sixty nine times
>[insert your option here]

Top Bottom