Forumer Chat Thread

AndyM03

Holy shit indeed, Andy has been gone since forever. How've you been? Starting up university if I understand correctly?
69/10 my friend. Going to a good Uni for Software Engineering. Or as I say to every old customer at work, A bachelor of beep boop computer things.

WAIT WAIT WAIT HOW DID I MISS THAT ANDY IS BACK

Andy you magnificent bastard! How are you!? How's Uni? How's Maretocks? How's Australia?
Probs 'cause i'm a slimy dog.
Lovely thanks! Yourself? <3 Uni hasn't started yet but i'm keen as a bean. Maretocks and I, trouble in paradise I suppose. I'm sure the love is still there on both sides but haven't been in touch as much. Australia's the same old same old. Australia day is coming up soon so I gotta buy a bogan outfit. (Bogan: Trashy, usually poor/lower class, or just ultimately tacky and blokey, Australian. aka all Australians.)

How's your car?
I hope this is a reference to me being a piece of shit at driving in video games. If so, they're all digitally destroyed. But I do have a car now.
Just need to stop being a joke and get off my learners license, woops. There's drive through bottle shops I need to take advantage of dammit.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Seeing people making cyoa stuff really makes me want to just post some cyoa stuff right now. I think I want to hold out until I've finished exams though so I have more time to write. I also want to read a few more books on writing. I've had a bunch of ideas brewing for months now and I hope I can execute them well.

Requiem

Coolpool, for the love of God, stop saying you want to do something and just do it. I can guarantee I'll play your CYOA game because I love those. The longer you hold off for the "right time" to do something creative, the longer it'll be before you do anything at all. Seriously, there is no right time. There is no such thing as good. I could tell you your game/writing is amazing and give you thousands of reasons why and then one asshole can come along and just say one stupid offhand thing that undoes all of the constructive criticism I give.

My point is you just need to go fucking do the thing. There's preparing, learning, and then doing, and then there's what you're doing, putting the actual act of creation off onto another day because you're just "not ready." You're never going to be ready because no one ever is. No story can ever be perfect. No story will do everything the author wants it to do. Even though that's how it is, it doesn't mean it wasn't worth writing or making in the first place.

So, for the umpteenth fucking time, get off of your ass, stop saying you're gonna do something, and just. fuckin. do it. already. god. damn. it. fuck. tits. ass. lick. butthole. surfers.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
Coolpool, for the love of God, stop saying you want to do something and just do it. I can guarantee I'll play your CYOA game because I love those. The longer you hold off for the "right time" to do something creative, the longer it'll be before you do anything at all. Seriously, there is no right time. There is no such thing as good. I could tell you your game/writing is amazing and give you thousands of reasons why and then one asshole can come along and just say one stupid offhand thing that undoes all of the constructive criticism I give.

My point is you just need to go fucking do the thing. There's preparing, learning, and then doing, and then there's what you're doing, putting the actual act of creation off onto another day because you're just "not ready." You're never going to be ready because no one ever is. No story can ever be perfect. No story will do everything the author wants it to do. Even though that's how it is, it doesn't mean it wasn't worth writing or making in the first place.

So, for the umpteenth fucking time, get off of your ass, stop saying you're gonna do something, and just. fuckin. do it. already. god. damn. it. fuck. tits. ass. lick. butthole. surfers.
I will right after I finished my exams. I wasn't trying to whine or complain so sorry if it came off that way. I just like to have a regular update schedule and I think exams would kind of interfere with my speed and quality.

Requiem

It's just that you always post something like "I wanna practice x thing" or "I want to read this first" before you do the thing you really want to do. I'm reacting to that more than this one individual thing.

Frilzer

You learn far more from doing that reading about. Just do it (you know once you are done with your tests or whenever you decide) and I'll chime in every now and then.

Frilzer

Also Req, I'm honestly surprised you don't do freelance writing or something. You gotta be able to type like, a jillion words per minute or just have way too much time on your hands.

Requiem

It's both. I can write a lot in a short amount of time and I also have a lot of time on my hands, relatively. On weekends, mostly.

Requiem

I'm doing school, but I also haven't really looked into it as much as I should. I probably will soon though.

Firedemon

I'm gonna shamelessly plug the stupidly long thread I just made in the Discussion and Debate forum. Go tl;dr it for me and scoff at the stupidly long rant brought on by nothing.

I thought it would be like two paragraphs... I dug too deep.

D

Deleted member 13

Unregsistered User
Andy's back, Shia LaBeouf has been posted, various types of plugs/African babies are being discussed, and people are actually posting on machentertainment.com.

These are all major harbingers of the apocalypse. See, I told you all it was gonna happen in the early months of 2016.

Top Bottom