Ended Get the Cookie RP (Sci-Fi Nonsense-ish RP, no DM no Character Sheet)

Firedemon

((Yeah no, they don't own half this galaxy. Fusemania would have crushed that kind of empire before they were overthrown. There hasn't been sufficient time for that. But you're going to lose half that empire if you call everything away to some random place on a whim. There's at least one other highly aggressive empire here that's more than capable of sweeping through and conquering the worlds you've now left completely defenseless.))

The First Caste ship broken off from the the other two reaches the Ragnarok and lands on it. Its tendrils latch onto the hull in different places and begin firing pointblank in an attempt to penetrate. The two vessels attacking fire up their engines, but take the hits from the Herald's energy weapons. It impacts their shields and disperses, not appearing to heavily damage them. The ships advance directly towards the LSG fleet taking minimal evasive action, and their tentacles begin firing to intercept the shells coming from the LSG ships. One of the shells strikes the shields of one of the two ships, creating a massive explosion. The force knocks the ship off course, forcing it to pitch down, yaw to starboard, and roll to port. Maneuvering thrusters begin firing to stabilize the ship. The blast wave extends outwards and much less violently deflects off the shields of the other destroyer, then continues on until it has dispersed. As the blast clears it can be seen that several of the tendrils on the impacted side of the ship struck have been severally damaged, as they seem to actually extend past the ship's shields. They leak out the ship's "blood" into space, and the blue plasma they fired continues to stream out briefly before ceasing, though the blood continues.

((Also, that moment when you realize you're sharing GtC vet status with TC and Regis...))

((Also, "Grand Fleet"? How many ships? What kinds?))

Zapy97

(Grand Fleet as in ships in the thousands. The First fleet having about, the Imperialist's Dream, 100 Space Battleships, 150 Space Battle cruisers, 240 Space Cruisers, 460 space destroyers, 680 space Frigates, 1230 Space corvettes, 250 Boarding craft filled each with 1000 Imperialist Marines each clad in his power armor and about 100 heavy space Carriers loaded with 24 heavy fighters each. based off the chart on this page. http://forum.keenswh.com/threads/universal-hull-designations-for-space-engineers.6611509/ . This isn't even counting all the ships which had been called out to the battle. These are also very elite ships having partaken in numerous wars so they are pretty good at fighting even if their tech is absolutely horrible. Although their boarding tech is pretty good with a bunch of Power armor and boarding crafts. Eh I will leave the militia fleets behind at home its not like the Empire really need that shear amount of ships anyway.)

The LSG ships form their legendary fluid formation which puts the Corvettes through destroyers up front of the dreadnought Imperialist dream creating an interlocking defense shield which have gaps where the cannons could fire upon the enemy. The Cruisers, battle cruisers and battleships were placed around the edges of the formation firing inward creating a massive cone of fire power all concentrated on singular ships. The heavy Fighters moving as close to light speed as possible go on bombing runs on ships which attempt to go around the shield by launching kinetic kill vehicle bombs at the enemy ships. The boarding craft all wait behind the Imperialist's Dream next to the many heavy carriers.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
"Alright Radar," says Thunder. "Thing are getting pretty complicated, and there's a lot of ships here bigger than we are."

"Yeah," says Radar. "Those are really big posts, our scanners are having trouble just trying to register them all at once."

"The what?" says Thunder.

"The posts, sir." says Radar. "It's uh, it's a layman's term for the measurements of a ship, used to classify size."

"Well I'll just skim the data," says Thunder. "I'll probably read all the important parts by skimming. Anyways, fly us into one of the Ragnorak's exhaust ports."

"That's suicide," says Radar.

"What else we gonna do, go home?" says Thunder. "Radar, that Ragnorak is dead in the water, there's no exhaust coming out. And our ship might actually be the smallest here, there's a good chance we can fit through the exhaust port and appear uh, somewhere inside the interior."

"We'd only be able to scan as we fly through it," says Radar. "If it's too tight halfway through we'll just get stuck. Or blowup."

"That probably won't happen," says Thunder. "Whoever's flying this thing, get us in one of those exhaust ports. And uh, do some spinning or something. I don't like these new ships and all their fancy weaponry."

Thunder's ship, the "Orange Lightning" does some spins to avoid enemy fire as it begins closing in on one of the Ragnorak's exhaust ports.
((OOC: So should I cut down on the size a bit? I could have probably split that last one into two parts where the POV switched.))

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
((OOC: So should I cut down on the size a bit? I could have probably split that last one into two parts where the POV switched.))
((Eh, maybe. This is much more me being lazy than it is people being too detailed. You can be as detailed as you like, but not everybody treats the thread with the same level of, uh, formalness.))

"Alright!" says Thunder. "Looks like we're heading straight for the exhaust port and dodging all enemy fire! Great job everyone!"

Suddenly one of Regis' cannonballs hits the Orange Lightning, breaking off one of it's wings without altering the cannonball's course. A bolt of plasma grazes the other wing, and most of it melts as a result. The now much-less-wide ship flies into one of the Ragnorak's exhaust ports and begins navigating the tight tunnel-like corridor.

"Probably should have turned the shields on," says Thunder. "At least we're in the exhaust port now. Radar, what are the scans showing?"

"There will be several forks in the port, and each fork makes the tunnel more narrow," says Radar. "Barely big enough for two fighters to fly side-by-side. Even then, they'd probably crash flying that tight."

"Ah," says Thunder. "So we're screwed then."

"Not quite sir," says the usually quiet pilot. "With out wings broken off, I think I might be able to fly us through a space that tight."

"What's your name, pilot?" asks Thunder.

"Gary, sir," says the pilot.

"Well Gary," says Thunder. "If you pull this off, I'll give you a week's vacation."

"Thank you sir," says Gary.

"If we live," corrects Thunder.

The ship continues flying through the exhaust port.

Firedemon

((I'd say Number of ships X Power of ships should be equivalent for all players unless a player chooses to be weaker. Otherwise you'd start to inevitably break the first guideline of "You cannot succeed at everything"))

Meanwhile...

Kahnom steps out of his still cloaked ship, now inside the Ragnarok. "Wow, that was really lucky of me to find a big gaping hole left over from the aforementioned battle damage. Anyways, this place is cold, better make this quick." Kahnom starts running through the passageways of the Ragnarok, monitoring a little sensor held in his hand to make sure he's going the right way to find the cookie. The artificial gravity seems to be completely off, but Kahnom's boots magnetize to allow him to run across the deck normally. Kahnom reaches a sealed hatch and begins to pry at it. It cracks open just a bit, and Kahnom hits a strange device on his wrist. He instantly vanishes and appears on the other side of the hatch, now in even more absolute darkness without even the starlight and the battle behind him. He however seems perfectly capable of finding his way around as his eyes adjust further into the lowest frequency spectrum of light. He continues running, slowly accumulating droplets of condensed oxygen and nitrogen from the fine mist of the liquefied atmosphere. The temperature of the Ragnarok must be approaching only a few Kelvin.

((Yes, he is running through a liquefied atmosphere at "a few Kelvin" and seeing in actual absolute darkness. Kahnom is a biologically engineered super soldier created by the First Caste, but now in revolt. If I were metagaming, he'd be broken as hell. But I'm not, his motivations are simply to take revenge on the First Caste and keep them from getting the cookie. The reason he said he wouldn't allow Colonel Thunder to take it isn't necessarily because he doesn't trust him with it (though he really doesn't) but instead because he doesn't trust Lunarians to keep it safe from the First Caste.))

((Also, yeah, I am just putting Kahnom ahead of you guys for the sake of establishing what you would find so as to prevent any of you from having to be like "Uh... What are derelict Ragnaroks actually like on the inside?"))

Edit: ((Oh I actually never said it was damaged in battle. Ugh, why didn't I say that. It should clearly have had the crap beat out of it though. Um... Now I feel dumb. Whatever, Kahnom is tricky little fucker, he can find his way in.))

Last edited:

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
More than well-protected enough from the bombardment by his position on the underside of the Ragnarok, the pilot calmly spent the next two minutes analyzing the interior of the ship and preparing his way in, finding himself already equipped to survive the interior's conditions (not unexpected, given he could survive the vacuum of space with ease). After closing the ship's airlock with both a scan of his eyes and a secure passphrase, he produced a small tool similar in appearance to a welding torch, set it to the centurium hull of the Ragnarok, and began to "cut" through with startling efficiency, the affected metal not melting so much as dispersing into the air.

Another two minutes later, the man pulled himself up through the "floor" of one of the Ragnarok's lower decks, the heads-up display inside of his helmet cooperating with his passive scanners to let him see in the near-absolute blackness. He darted to the wall and readied his weapon, keeping it pointing before him at close to chest level; despite the artificial gravity not functioning, he moved as if on-planet, both quickly and quietly. Keeping an ear out for any sign of other boarders, the man directed his scanning equipment to conduct quick sweeps of energy signatures aboard the Ragnarok every fifteen seconds, and immediately afterward took off toward the massive reading that was no doubt the Cookie, moving quickly but cautiously through the derelict vessel's halls.

Zapy97

The First Sister ship to the Imperialist's Dream arrives with a fleet of almost identical to the first arrive on the scene. They join the formation and add to the massed fire power of the first fleet. The Battleships, Battle cruisers and Cruisers on the edges prepare to advance by getting into close range combat making a giant spear head which is designed to protect the boarding craft as they advance against the the enemy. The Space battleships concentrating their fire, increasing their speed to ramming speed which the prows of their ships are designed to be used in that manner. The Boarding craft are defended by the screening of the cruisers and battle cruisers.

Colonel Thunder

((Alright Zapy. Just keep in mind if you plan on engaging in a firefight with hundreds of more ships on location than any other player, you have to expect there will be a ton of trouble for your forces. We want to keep the power levels pretty close to equal across players here. If everyone's sending one or two ships and you're sending giant freaking fleets, you'll have to play very carefully to keep things balanced appropriately.

Ideally, the balancing doesn't come from other players telling you "no what you just did doesn't work".))

Colonel Thunder

Gary flies the Orange Lightning extremely well through the increasingly tight exhaust port. However, eventually it gets too narrow and the ship's edges scrape along the side, making many sparks and creating an awfully loud screech. The ship comes to a halt several seconds later.

((Tirin's character and Kahnom would most definitely either hear this, or pick it up on scanners or something))

"Nice job dumbass," says Thunder, throwing his hat at Gary the pilot. "Now I have a ruined ship, and we have to continue on foot."

"I'm sorry sir," says Gary mournfully. "I failed you."

"You sure did!" said Thunder. "You get no vacation, and you lose your naming rights. I'm just going to call you 'dumbass' from now on."

"Sir," says Radar. "It's a miracle we're still alive. Gary did the best flying I've even seen."

"His name is dumbass," says Thunder. "And he's the worst pilot ever."

Colonel Thunder begins putting on a near skin-tight spacesuit over his Lunarian uniform.

"Alright you two," says Thunder. "Put your suits on and grab some supplies. We're pursuing this Cookie on foot."

Null Hypothesis

Donor III
Canderous and Magnus make their way to the ship's armory.

"Sir, the dreadnought is hailing reinforcements," informs Alexandria, "and most of the ships in system have broken off and are making their way to the Ragnarok."

Canderous thinks for a moment, "This doesn't change anything, we can still grab the cookie and bang out before anyone notices. Bring us along side Ragnarok and begin boarding procedures."

The corvette maneuvers itself alongside the much more massive ship and magnetic docking clamps extend from the bottom of the ship and attach themselves to the armor plating of the larger vessel. Soon after a tube extends from to corvette and attaches to the Ragnarok's hull.

"Docking clamps engaged and transfer umbilical deployed." says Alexandria.

"Good, good begin cutting procedures." responds Canderous.

"Sir, with how thick the Ragnarok's armor is that will take several minutes." replies Alexandria.

"Understood, Alex, everyone else is going to have just as much trouble getting into this thing too." says Canderous.

Canderous steps into the center of the armory and a ring of robotic arms descend from the ceiling. They begin attaching servos, motors, and plating to his pilots body suit.

Several minutes pass as Canderous's angular stealth power armor is assembled around him. As the facemask slots into place data and sensor reading assault the HUD as the system runs though its startup routine. Magnus begins barking angrily.

Canderous sighs, "you know it's still me buddy."

Magnus stops barking, but is still unsure as the disembodied voice of his friend tries to calm him.

Alexandria speaks up, "Sir, cutting procedures have finished and all seals are holding you may proceed to board the Ragnarok."

Zapy97

((Alright Zapy. Just keep in mind if you plan on engaging in a firefight with hundreds of more ships on location than any other player, you have to expect there will be a ton of trouble for your forces. We want to keep the power levels pretty close to equal across players here. If everyone's sending one or two ships and you're sending giant freaking fleets, you'll have to play very carefully to keep things balanced appropriately.

Ideally, the balancing doesn't come from other players telling you "no what you just did doesn't work".))
[OOC] Yeah I understand that it will probably be a short thrust of glory. The LSG empire has pretty bad tech, numbers are their only real advantage, that and also quality of boarding troops.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
((OOC: So I've got my post pretty much finished, but I need an opinion on something. Should I describe information about my characters and their weapons or just mention it as it comes up? It would likely save a lot of space if I just mentioned it when it is relevant. I'll edit this post into my actual one later.))

Colonel Thunder

Colonel Thunder, Radar, and Gary suit up and exit the ship.Radar carries numerous supplies, while Gary carries an absurd amount of supplies. Thunder carries nothing but an old Luger, a nearly completely useless weapon in the space-faring age of today.

"Hey, I found a maintenance shaft," says Thunder, beginning to climb down a strange ladder. "This should go to the reactor that powers the ship, where I'm assuming they're keeping the Cookie as a backup energy source."

"Which is funny," says Radar. "The Ragnorak's energy core would have lasted longer than the power cells of any robots on board."

"Downsides of an all robotic crew," says Thunder. "See, this is why we outlasted the Fusemanians. We're smarter."

Thunder tries to scratch his nose but fails due to his space helmet.

"Why wouldn't they just use the Cookie as the primary fuel source?" asks Gary. "It has literally limitless energy."

"Ha, thanks for the dumbass question, dumbass," says Thunder. "How long have you been around? Everyone knows that harnessing the Cookie's energy is extremely dangerous. Not exactly any vessel will do."

"Prolonged use of the Cookie would likely cause the reactor to implode," explains Radar. "You have to be careful what you plug it in to."

Gary nods, and the three continue descending towards the Reactor.

((So I'm just going to say the Cookie's somewhere in a giant reactor-type facility in the middle-ish of the ship. And I imagine several of us will run into each other there. Sound good?))

Firedemon

Meanwhile, on board the destroyer attempting to penetrate the Ragnarok's hull...

"That's a lot of ships out there. Should we do something?"
"Nah."

Meanwhile in the space battle...

The two destroyers begin taking much more mild evasive action, and their tendril recede back to below the shield, though this seems to weaken their plasma. The two ships use the close formation of the LSG fleet to reduce line of sight from ships in the back, making it easier to intercept the relatively slow, non-energy based attacks with their plasma. They now seem to be unafraid of the fleet, despite more shells slipping through their defenses into their shields.

The other ships in the area also begin detecting heavily encrypted subspace communications...

Meanwhile...

Kahnom continues his quest through the Ragnarok and notices a few life signs on his sensor. He's not necessarily closer to the cookie than them, but he thinks his superior speed will help him get their first. He does start to notice a group of three life signs ((the Lunarians)) moving towards his path. Kahnom gets up to the ladder he thinks they'll come down, then hides around the corner. He draws some kind of metallic energy pistol from his holster, certainly not First Caste technology, and readies it.

meanwhile...

The tunneling Ragnarok's tendrils suddenly burst through a heavy section of armor and begin moving through interior passageways. They start to release a strange, faintly green mist into the passageways, pressurizing them, as First Caste forces beam into position in small groups. They still seem pretty far from the Cookie.

Colonel Thunder

"Hey, that was quicker than expected," says Thunder.

Colonel Thunder, Radar, and Gary exit the maintenance shaft and find themselves in the Ragnorak's primary reactor room. It is a very large, industrial factory sized room with many layers of walkways, steampunky equipment, and dozens of no longer functional Fusemanian robots. Lots of open space as well. Big room. Lots of stuff. You get the picture.

"And look at this, we're the first ones here!" says Thunder. "Suck it, everyone else! FIRST!"

Thunder, Radar, and Gary do not notice Kahnom's presence in any way, despite their actually pretty close proximity to him.

Firedemon

((I'm saying talking without quotes is thinking you can read.))

Is that Colonel Thunder? Well... The First Caste will probably get here soon, so I guess I'll just help him until we're away from them, then run off with it while he isn't looking.

"Suck it, everyone else! FIRST!"

Yeah, that won't be difficult.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
((So I assume we’re doing a sort of conservation of ninjutsu then? http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ConservationOfNinjutsu. By the way how big is the cookie? Is it actually just a cookie? I tried to keep this one a little shorter than the last. By the way I use italic sentences whenever a conversation is held that isn’t spoken aloud. If you think I’m roleplaying this wrong just tell me. Tell me if it’s hard to keep track of my characters.))

The Herald of Spring flies close to the Ragnarok. We’ve been lucky to not take any damage thus far. However no one can say how much longer our luck will hold up. The cookie could be anywhere on that ship, but soon it will be mine. Later it will be someone else’s once I give it to them, but that’s not the point. I ping the weapons bay, “What’s the status of the S.S.?”

A girlish voice comes on through the speaker, “It’s 42% charged Davey.” As a downside to its massive firepower, the S.S. takes a long time to charge up and cool down.

“Use the lasers and Red Mk. IV to cut a hole in the hull of the ship. We’re going to board the old fashion way.” The monitors show lasers and thick red bullets striking the hull near the ship. With how thick the hull is, this will probably take a couple minutes. “Attention, everyone on boarding team beta please prepare to board in five minutes.” Ironically enough, I’m the least fit to lead the boarding team being one of the only “true” humans on the crew. “Shinki I’m giving command over the ship to you while I’m boarding. Keep the Herald by the Ragnarok and only fire if other vessels approach. Maribel, make sure the communication channel is secure. ”I gather my equipment. Federation space suit with a custom red visor, check. Helmet communications, functional. Laser pistol, check. Harpoon, check. I dramatically withdraw from the bridge, even if there’s only a couple people to watch me.

The helmsman spreads out her dark leathery wings and salutes me. “Be safe out there David, you’re the second best helmsman on this ship next to me. Plus you still owe me a dinner.”

~-~--~--~-~​

A young, human looking blond haired, blue eyed prepares coffee in the engineering bay where all the major machinery is located. She is an engineer but due to the advanced software programmed for the ship and repair droids it she has little to do. At most only one of the engineers needs to watch the ship during a battle. Even if there was a major breach, the many robots could take care of it quickly.

The girl walks over to the head engineer and hands her a coffee mug with cute gears drawn on it. “What do you think our chances of success are mistress?” She asks her boss. The captain is a trustworthy man, but a man cannot bring down a mountain.

The head engineer directs robots and maintains machinery temperature through her console while sipping coffee. “Well there’s a lot of competition, there’s no doubt that this will be one of our toughest jobs yet. Still you shouldn’t worry about it Shanghai, have you been hanging around the cargo managers? Those two worry enough for the entire crew. Tch” She clicks her tongue in annoyance when she loses a game of minesweeper on the monitor.

Not long after an order comes to inform the boarding crew to prepare. “Team beta? I don’t think he’s ever given that order before. Usually everyone just rushes in before the enemy can stop them. Well I guess we’d better get you suited up, call the other two too. They’re on team beta right?” Still holding the coffee mug Albion moves over to the hexagonal chambers against the wall. The chambers have advanced machinery attached used for outfitting weaponry and making repairs. The girl follows her boss and contacts other crew members through her radio implant.

<Come in Moscow, London. We are needed. Please make preparations for boarding.> There are many robots made by the head engineer and the girl on the ship, but only the most intelligent ones participate in boarding. A male and female android come out of the door from the engineering billiard room. Unless one inspected them carefully, they would not even realize they were artificial life.

The four exchange short pleasantries while the head engineer sets them into the chambers. Albion grins as the machines begin to hum. “So London, do you want the double sword guns or what’s behind curtain number three?”

~-~--~--~-~​

I fiddle with my harpoon by the airlock as I wait for the others to arrive. It’s normally not my style to be sneaky, but it would be better for everyone’s safety if we went in and out as fast as possible. Team alpha takes away too many crew members from their posts, the AI and bots can take over, but they’re just not the same.

The rest of boarding team beta files in. In total there’s only six of us. Two humans, one variant human, and three androids. Normally I would take more with me but this mission is too important to mess up. Unlike us the androids don’t need suits, they were specially made for space travel after all. We exit the airlock and enter the ship through the new hole in the hull. <Shanghai, we will take point. Keep your scanners up for any signs of life>

<Roger Wilco>

<I think I might be able to use the atmosphere in here for my weapon.> Charlotte says as she revs her large minigun type weapon testing its functionality.

A familiar voice comes over the channels, <Maribel here, from the layout of the ship the cookie should be located to your right.>

The crew takes a moment to adjust to the atmosphere and lighting within the ship. They arm their weapons and speedily move through the halls.

Firedemon

((It's literally a cookie. As in, a normal sized cookie you could hold in your hand. It's just also a source of UNLIMITED POWER))

((In fact, on the subject of UNLIMITED POWER, retrieving the cookie from its current wielder has historically required some coalition of the other players if I remember correctly. Because Fuse isn't around to be Fusemania, (inb4 Fuse shows up and wants to play) we have just RPed in the demise of Fusemania and simply hand-waved that this Ragnarok wasn't properly equipped to use the Cookie as a power source, and that various factors led to the Ragnarok actually experiencing a huge acceleration of time relative to us because scyuhnss, hence why the Ragnarok is completely derelict and any robots inside are deactivated.))

Colonel Thunder

"Alright guys, let's start looking for the Cookie," says Thunder. "It should be somewhere nearby."

Thunder, Radar, and Gary split up and begin looking for the Cookie in the middle section of the room, which is very wide and open.

"Heyyyy," says Thunder, looking at a Fusemanian robot holding a box of various cookies. "Robots don't eat cookies! The real cookie must be somewhere in here! But which one is it? Hm..."

Meanwhile, Radar and Gary inspect the central console by the main reactor.

"Oh look," says Radar, pointing to a cookie shaped button on the console.

He pushes it, but nothing happens.

"Here, let me put a power cell in there," says Gary, opening up a panel on the console. "I grabbed a bunch from the ship, seeing as we won't be flying it anytime soon."

Gary plugs a standard power cell into the console and the buttons light up.

Radar is about to push the cookie button when Thunder interrupts them.

"Dumbass!" says Thunder, running towards the two of them carrying half of a box of cookies. "I need you to eat these cookies, because one of them is the real cookie. And I shouldn't be the one who dies."

"Did you eat half of those already, sir?" says Radar. "Those are Fusemanian Robo-Cookies. They're like dog treats for robots, and people are not supposed to eat them."

"I'm sure they're fine," says Thunder, suddenly feelin queasy. "Just...whew...I need to sit down for a minute."

"How did you even manage to eat half of those while wearing a spacesuit?" asks Gary.

Thunder ignores him and sits down, trying to catch his breath.

Top Bottom