Ended Get the Cookie RP (Sci-Fi Nonsense-ish RP, no DM no Character Sheet)

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
((By the way I've been meaning to ask, what's a good time span to wait between posts?))

Edit: ((So since the Ragnarok is really big how do we know when we meet each other?))

Last edited:

Zapy97

((It's literally a cookie. As in, a normal sized cookie you could hold in your hand. It's just also a source of UNLIMITED POWER))

((In fact, on the subject of UNLIMITED POWER, retrieving the cookie from its current wielder has historically required some coalition of the other players if I remember correctly. Because Fuse isn't around to be Fusemania, (inb4 Fuse shows up and wants to play) we have just RPed in the demise of Fusemania and simply hand-waved that this Ragnarok wasn't properly equipped to use the Cookie as a power source, and that various factors led to the Ragnarok actually experiencing a huge acceleration of time relative to us because scyuhnss, hence why the Ragnarok is completely derelict and any robots inside are deactivated.))
[OOC] what happens when one person eats the cookie?

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
((By the way I've been meaning to ask, what's a good time span to wait between posts?))
((Any length is fine, really. Ideally you want to move about at roughly the same speed everyone else is. For example, if three player characters are having a brief conversation, one of those characters shouldn't be able to leave, fly home, take a nap, recruit an army, and steal the cookie while the other two characters are wrapping up a five minute conversation.

Since most of us post about once a day, you're posting will oftentimes be dictated by when others post once player characters are interacting with each other. For example, If you're attacking another player's ship, you'll need to wait for them to respond with what happens to their ship (as well as their likely counterattack) before you start firing a second and third volley. This could take a day or longer in real-time.))

((So since the Ragnarok is really big how do we know when we meet each other?))
((Whenever you decide to. You could do two or three "we're getting closer" posts if you want to, but that's just fluff. The beauty and chaos of "Get the Cookie" is that its rules and interactions and everything are a collective effort. If you want to show up, you can just say "So and so finally arrives and bursts through the ceiling above the other characters".))

[OOC] what happens when one person eats the cookie?
An increase in blood sugar, followed by melting into primordial ooze. The Cookie itself would remain intact.

Firedemon

Kahnom watches his sensor more, he notices there are actually quite a few life signs closing in on the Cookie's position, and a huge cluster about a deck away.

Well that big cluster is probably First Caste, looks like they're trying to lock the core down. I'm glad everyone will already be suited up, otherwise the gas would be a serious problem.

The strange green gas starts to seep through a hatch next to Kahnom

What?

"OH FUCK!"

A tentacle from the First Caste ship bursts through the hatch and the surrounding bulkhead. Kahnom hits his bracer and blinks away just in time to avoid being caught. He appears directly between Colonel Thunder, Radar, and Gary. "No time to explain, we're leaving, right now! Bring the cookie!" Kahnom points his gun towards Thunder's head and fires repeatedly, whizzing past him and hitting the huge tendril turning the corner. The green mist follows, escaping from pores all over the tentacle. At the end of it is a gaping hole filled with blue light, rapidly increasing in intensity.

Meanwhile...

"Hey, there's something trying to tickle one of the tentacles."
"Probably just a little cancer bumping up against a nerve ending."
"Shouldn't we get that checked out?"
"Nah, just flush it out with a plasma stream. The radiation will kill the tumor.
"But if it kills the tumor, doesn't it kill healthy cells too?"
"What are you talking about? Dude, go read a book on cancer, that's propaganda from like 200 years ago when they used to poison you to make you sicker so they could charge you for treating the 'complications' too."
"I don't think that's how it works..."

Colonel Thunder

Radar hits the cookie button while Thunder stands up and tries not to be sick.

A small metal box ejects out of the top of the console. Radar opens the lid and a yellow glow fills that part of the room.

"Yep," says Radar, as everyone looks at the Cookie. "That's the Cookie. You have a way out of here Kahnom?"

"Excuse me, but who is he?" asks Gary.

"Long story," says Thunder, grabbing the metal box from Radar. "Let's uh...hoo one second...yeah let's leave."

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
((Sort of just a short “getting closer” post))

The blond hair girl marched through the ship holding a large kite shield in one hand and a heavily revamped lance in the other. Her plain and unassuming dress stayed sturdy even in these harsh conditions. Even in the complete darkness she could tell exactly where she was going. The multiple scanners and filters allowed her to see and hear the faintest of things, not that there was much to see. The boarding suits all had night vision devices, and low intensity flashlights attached. On one end of the ship she received signals indicating lifeforms, movement and discharge of weapons. “I am detecting a large amount of activity deeper within the ship. It is likely that the object we are seeking is near. Please exercise extreme caution. I am also detecting faint signals from other areas. It is a possibility that they are using cloaking technology, however more data is needed to be certain.”

It was clear to her that if they did not hurry they would lose their chance to claim the cookie. However the girl wondered if it was really alright for them to take the cookie. It was unclear what the federation intended to do with it if they successfully retrieved it. Having said that, it was not her place to make such decisions. Her captain is too easily influenced, if his crew told him to give up on the cookie he likely would. So she must march onwards and strike down anything in her path for the sake of her creator.

“Captain, I think I’m detecting… cookies. Can we take a break?” The female android in a maid outfit speaks up. Albion was going through a phase a couple months ago, since then London has had to wear a maid outfit. Having helped produce London the girl wanted to speak up about uniform regulations, but that argument was gone now that they were exiled from the Federation and its military. Maybe when the cookie business was all said and done she would work up the courage to confront her about it.

“Wait what? I thought there was only one cookie.” Captain Reaver stops in surprise.

“No not that cookie, I think there are some robot cookies in one of these rooms. Although I’m still not quite sure why I was given sensors that can detect baked goods for robots but not life forms.”

The captain sighs, “Maybe on the way out.”

“I wonder if they have any chocolate circuits, those are my favourite you know.” Moscow is the next to speak up. He was completely my creation, although I feel as if sometimes he has trouble paying attention to the tasks at hand.

The six humanoids continue through the dark halls of the bleak ship towards the other lifeforms.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
The pilot pressed the advantage his technology brought him as much as possible, slipping into the massive reactor room undetected while the Lunarians bumbled into it and climbing to the ceiling with startling speed, keeping crouched on the surface while he waited for the Cookie to be vulnerable. Keeping his eyes on the small group (and rather pleasantly surprised by Kahnom revealed himself), the man dropped - rather, leapt - from the ceiling toward them, twisting his body as he fell and firing with pinpoint accuracy at the pistol in Kahnom's hand only a fraction of a moment before hitting the floor.

Landing on his feet with remarkable agility, the man immediately snatched the box containing the Cookie from Colonel Thunder and began to accelerate backward down the hallway - an odd gliding motion that didn't seem to require him to move his limbs. To those assembled, it seemed as though an imposing spectre, with any human features covered by a sleek black set of (no doubt powered) armor, had breezed past them almost entirely silently. Worse, it was carrying the reason for their presence, and rapidly getting further away. A low, metallic rumble issued from the figure as it floated off, its weapon still pointed forward them. "I suggest you return to your vessels. Attempts to stop me will be met with extreme force."

Colonel Thunder

"Hey!" yells Thunder. "Stop, you!"

Thunder draws his Luger and fires a shot at the spectre who stole the cookie. He misses by a wide margin, not that it would have even dented the spectre's power armor regardless. The bullet hits the metallic wall inside the ship, then ricochets and hits Gary in the neck. The bullet tears through Gary's suit and embeds itself in his throat. He collapses and begins quickly dying from the bullet wound as well as his exposure to the Ragnorak's atmosphere.

"Holy shit!" says Thunder. "He just shot Gary! Come back here you bastard!"

Colonel Thunder begins running towards the spectre.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
OOC Post: So I have been meaning to ask. What direction do you people plan on going with this? I assume that this battle will only last so long. Will it be a back and forth of people taking the cookie from each other?

Firedemon

((You don't have to stay at the Ragnarok after you get the cookie, you can retreat to places. Just don't be like "I JUMP TO HYPERSPACE" and spend eight pages inaccessible in hyperspace. Like, if the First Caste get the Cookie they will probably start retreating to their territory where they'll transfer it to a capital ship ready to handle its power. If Kahnom got it he would go find somewhere safe to stash it. Come to think of it, he'd probably go hide it in ancient ruins. I'd imagine if Colonel Thunder had it he'd take it Archbishop Farful. And don't feel constrained to always being at the place the Cookie is, you can create situations elsewhere that your characters will partake in for reasons. These don't have to be to your benefit either, you may want to RP in some crisis back home and some character development if you're so inclined. Kahnom will probably disappear at times to go fuck over the First Caste for example.))

((Oh and, uh, post coming later tonight or perhaps during the day tomorrow if I'm too tired and just crash.))

Firedemon

Kahnom's gun flies out of his hand and hits the deck, then with his incredible reflexes he catches it with his other hand as it deflects back into the air. The gun seems completely undamaged. Kahnom quickly grabs Radar and the bleeding out Gary and blinks away from both their attacker and the giant fucking plasma shooting tentacle, as Thunder charges like an idiot and said plasma shooting tentacle fires a huge ball of plasma. Thunder thankfully escapes it as he runs towards the spectre, though the ball smashes through several pieces of the reactor core and hits an armored bulkhead. The ball splatters against the armor and sprays smaller bits of plasma all around the room. A few come hurdling towards Thunder and some towards the spectre.

((Albeit small, remember this plasma was literally fired out of a ship's main battery. It's also lost some of its danger from being splattered against a section of Ragnarok armor, but its still going to be hot as hell.))

Kahnom puts his hand on Gary's neck,

"I don't really know much about your biology, how bad is it that the bullet is still IN his neck?

As he talks, Kahnom's palm heats up extremely, actually cauterizing the wound and melting the suit back together, albeit against Gary's neck. If Gary is still alive, that probably hurt like hell too.

"Oh and uh, how much blood loss is fatal?"

((Kahnom, Gary, and Radar are like, around a corner or something, so they aren't really directly in sight of anyone, though they could probably see the huge plasma ball flying past where they were.))

Colonel Thunder

Gary coughs up a bunch of blood as well as bits of bullet.

"I really hate that man," he manages to choke out before dying.

"You'd be surprised how often this happens," says Radar, taking some of Gary's gear off of him. "Maybe we can cut off that power armor guy and find Thunder. He seems pretty tough, but if we use some of these power cells we might be able to power up some old Fusemanian tech. Any ideas?"

((Waiting for Tirin to respond before doing anything with Thunder.))

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I tighten my grip around my harpoon instinctively at the noises of weapons and activity. Shanghai’s hand raises up to stop me. “Life forms detected around the corner. What are your commands?” She looks at me with anticipation.

“Nobody attack without any hostile provocation.” I signal the group to follow behind me. As I reach the end of the corner, I dash into the room. “Greetings gentlemen, it is I Captai- oh uh. Is he dead? My condolences.” I awkwardly bow towards them. This was not the entrance I wanted to make. The rest of the group eyes the others in the room, not showing any outward aggression.

The blond haired android beside me scans the room without lowering her shield. “I do not detect the cookie in this room Captain.” She frowns worriedly. I can never tell what she’s thinking.

Well hopefully these people will be reasonable. “As I wanted to say before I was interrupted on the channel, I would have liked to discuss the matter of the cookie peacefully. However it looks like some are opposed to that. Still, my crew and I will not strike you unless they have been attacked first. You have my word as a captain. By the way, would you happen to know where the cookie is?”

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
A low, morbid chuckle sounded from the armored figure the barest instant after Thunder's bullet embedded itself in Gary's neck, and it accelerated backward all the more quickly. "No threat, then." It said, as smugly as could be given the nature of its voice, and all too quickly disappeared around a corner, easily outrunning the plasma. Turning to face forward even while continuing its flight, it made its return to the ship several kilometres of snaking corridors away, and kept very, very much on guard, using active scanners to seek for both any pursuit and any potentially-hostile life in the short distance between it and the ship. With the Cookie in hand (well, in box), this was no time to get careless.

Colonel Thunder

"Come...back...here..." says Thunder.

About thirty seconds pass of Thunder running. He makes it around the next corridor before being overcome with nausea and vomiting inside his spacesuit.

"Ugh...this is really gross," says Thunder. He tries wiping away the vomit on his faceplate but it doesn't work because the vomit's on the inside.

"Well, whatever!" says Thunder, now blindly jogging down the hallway. "All I have to do is find a ship and get out of here."

Thunder laughs as he looks at what he holds in his hand, but his view is very obscured due to the vomit.

"That guy will feel pretty stupid when he realizes I took the Cookie out of the box!" says Thunder, who is actually holding a normal Robocookie instead of the actual Cookie.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
I sit at a table in the weapons bay. It was fun shooting lasers for a while, but it would defeat the purpose of the cloaking to fire them off now. What’s the point of having all these lasers if I can’t use them? “E5” I fiddle with my umbrella weapon, I still get weird looks about it. Everyone thinks it’s so weird to have an umbrella as a weapon, well I’d like to see what they think about it when it’s going through their sternum.

“Miss, B7.” The gunner across from me places a peg in the slot. I still don’t know how Char got her hands on this ancient game. Sure helps to kill time though.

“Miss, E6.” It’s times like these I wonder whether this is all worth it. If we won’t just get exiled again after words. I suppose it helps to not think about it too much, think about other things, happier things.

“Tch, Hit, you sunk my patrol boat, G8.” My partner in crime is still manning the Spring Spark, our ultimate weapon. Why am I thinking about such mundane things? Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t take note of the low humming of the weapons or the way the table is slightly tilted. Boredom probably. Not like there’s much else I can do while I wait for something to happen.

“Hit, A9. Hey Nek, how’s the laser lookin’?”

He barely looks up to acknowledge me. “S.S. is at 107%, if we are lucky we won’t need to use it, luck isn’t something we know too well.”

“Miss, G9. I wonder what they’re up to. I bet you someone’s already beaten them to the cookie.

“Who knows, we’ll just have to wait until something happens.”

((Thread bump))

Firedemon

((Just finished the last of my three tests this week. Time to update this shit))

As the armored figure flees, his path is soon blocked by one of the huge tentacles stretched through a passageway. Accompanying it are several First Caste mooks, already pointing their weapons at the person holding the cookie. They open fire immediately, no questions asked. Below them are strange creatures known as Soulless Caste. They are four legged beasts with huge scythe like claws on their front legs rather than feet. The Soulless Caste charge forward as the First Caste open fire, ready to lunge when they get close. The green mist continues to expand as well, moving towards the spectre.

Meanwhile...

"SHIT! THE COOKIE IS MOVING IN THERE!"
"Nah, it's fine. Just some guy carrying it."
"EXACTLY! THAT'S BAD!"
"OH WAIT IT IS, SHIT!"
"QUICK! SHOOT IT WITH THE PLASMA TENTACLES!"

Meanwhile...

The tentacle in the reactor core stops wandering aimlessly and turns around to chase the fleeing spectre.

Meanwhile...

"The Cookie is in the hands of someone, or something, wielding advanced technology unfamiliar to me. It is certainly not Fusemanian, which can only be a good thing, but that means I don't know its capabilities at all." Kahnom glances over to Radar for a moment "That thing killed our man here, Gary," then glances back "If you'd help us avenge him, it would be most appreciated."

Meanwhile...

The two ships charging the Imperial fleet close in on the outermost ships of their formation and latch on with their tentacles. In a matter of seconds they rip apart these two ships and continue onward into the fleet's formation, their shields now approaching failure. Behind them, several more destroyers drop out of hyperspace, followed by four First Caste dreadnoughts. The dreadnoughts look much like the destroyers, though considerably larger and without the strange tentacle cannons. Instead, they're littered with more traditional, albeit still organic and biological, turrets. Made aware of the situation by the previously detected subspace communications, all of the ships have already charged their weapons and immediately open fire on the considerably larger fleet.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
((I'm busy as fuck this weekend andwon't be posting tonight, but I should be able to find time by Sunday, if not sooner. Sorry 'bout that.))

Top Bottom