Hearthstone

AndyM03

Well the positive with Zoolock is the most basic version is very cheap, I had one I used when I was just starting out that was more than capable of handling up to rank 13 or so before getting completely fucked by insane net decks. It's just a matter of effort (and I did just buy the adventures when they came out with my money because I like single player modes in card games) and time. I've been playing a few times a week since it came out and as long as you do the dailies you'll be able to afford the deck you want fairly quickly assuming you're willing to dust all the shit cards on the way (even faster if you can parlay the gold you make into doing well in Arena because if you get 5 wins you get your gold back + dust + a pack).

EDIT: Oh and yea I'm fine with using the basics, it would be a total stomp if Tirin and I were bringing our Secret Pally's.

EDIT 2: Oh and Andy I loved my Dragon Priest deck, I was soooo close to building an all gold version of it when Secret Pally became a big thing and blew Dragon Priests away.
You're actually totally right, I don't know why I thought it was expensive. I guess I just had other priorities at the time when I thought that haha.
My favourite deck is my control priest, even though it's not my best deck. I also want a Shadowform Priest, I don't care if it isn't the most competitive thing out it looks like so much fun.
Pretty much any ridiculous Deck Day[9] plays I want.
I'm torn between wanting to farm Arena and hoarding gold for the expansion. I know i'll wanna play Standard mostly so I feel wasteful picking up too many GvG cards. I wish Arena let you pick what set your pack was.

AndyM03

If everybody is comfortable, i'm going to put Battle tags on the Original post if you want to play with eachother.
Mine is Andym03#1509

Requiem

FYI, Andy, The Hound is Bob from Urealms. In case you haven't gotten the chance to be told that yet.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
I'm going to be hesitant on it until I see it in action since I think the Ancient god cards will add either a decent basic deck for newbies, a completely OP deck for newbies and wussy pros (doubt it), or a completely useless newbie deck that won't change the meta in any major way.
N'Zoth allows Paladin to summon a second Sylvanas and a second Tirion, as well as a 5/7, for 10 mana. Given that the metagame is slowing down a lot, that's fucking insane value.

As a bonus, Holy Ragnaros is pretty awesome for Pally. He's nearly (though not quite) Antique Healbot, only every turn and attached to an 8/8 for 8 mana. In a slow meta (assuming BGH gets nerfed), he's absolutely amazing, and I suspect he'll be great in a really slow Paladin deck that decides to run a few incredible late-game cards instead of relying on massive early-game value.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Warlock doesn't even give a fuck about Dr. Boom rotating out of standard, 'cause Cho'Gall is too good.

The Hound

Just Monika
Only problem with Cho'Gall is Warlock doesn't really have the best spells, considering its highest costed card is Twisting Nether and that would kill Cho'gall. The problem with Warlock is just that for every Implosion (which isn't as good later in the game by the time you'd play Cho'Gall), there's a lot of really terrible spells that you really wouldn't want to put into your deck to make Cho'gall worth it. Obviously we'll see considering I'm basing this off of the current spells available and have no idea what the expansion will bring. All that being said, I will definitely be putting it in my Renolock deck and see how that goes.

On a funny note, I was bored playing Ladder and I came across a Golden Mech/Freeze Mage with all gold cards, I was feeling really nervous until he accidentally overdrew... and burned his Archmage Antonidas. I do have to hand it to the guy, he stuck the game out even though he had absolutely no win condition anymore.

AndyM03

Only problem with Cho'Gall is Warlock doesn't really have the best spells, considering its highest costed card is Twisting Nether and that would kill Cho'gall. The problem with Warlock is just that for every Implosion (which isn't as good later in the game by the time you'd play Cho'Gall), there's a lot of really terrible spells that you really wouldn't want to put into your deck to make Cho'gall worth it. Obviously we'll see considering I'm basing this off of the current spells available and have no idea what the expansion will bring. All that being said, I will definitely be putting it in my Renolock deck and see how that goes.
These are some super valid points
But to hold that thou

Attachments

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Cho'Gall is a massive gain in tempo if he gets you a free Siphon Soul (or a successful Bane of Doom), and is in effect a much more powerful (though 2-card) Flamestrike if used with Shadowflame. While casting Twisting Nether with him is pretty shit, if you'll lose the game otherwise it makes sense to do so, so he'll just end up acting like a Coin in that case. He can also be very good in combination with Demonheart or Dark Bargain.

In any case, you don't need to always maximize your value off of Cho'Gall - just don't play spells that are complete dogshit in lategame, and you'll have pretty good odds of getting something good with him.

AndyM03

boys
boys
boys
I JUST CRAFTED TIRION
AFTER ALL THOSE BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS
i'm so happi.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Using your dust like a month before Whispers of the Old Gods comes out is a pretty bold move. Me, I've got like 3200 saved up to craft new legendaries (though that includes dusting the really shitty Blackrock Mountain legendaries).

The Hound

Just Monika
I still have to DE my shit adventure cards, but considering I have 2500 dust saved up for the expansion and I decided to put some money in and just pre-order 50 packs we'll see how much extra dust I need for the cards I want.

I wrote a whole entire thing about Cho'gall before remembering that there's a ton of cards that are being removed from Standard, let's just say it centered around two key features of Renolock that will not be around in Standard (namely Voidcaller and Dr. Boom). So yea I just deleted it all since it was all crap, all I can say now is we'll see and I'll probably at least try inserting a Cho'gall to replace Dr. Boom.

AndyM03

Using your dust like a month before Whispers of the Old Gods comes out is a pretty bold move. Me, I've got like 3200 saved up to craft new legendaries (though that includes dusting the really shitty Blackrock Mountain legendaries).
I know aha but I was just so excited to do it. I'd say Tirion is a safe bet though.
I need to finish Blackrock mountain but I just got addicted to arena and saving gold is tedious.

13thforsworn

So when I finish up with my university semester in the next two week or so I think I'm going to get into Hearthstone a bit. I know I can use gold for booster packs but my friend told me to save gold to get into arena, where I will get better cards? How does that work? I get the gist of arena (buy in for like $3.00, build a deck from the drafted cards, play until you lose three times), but how do I get cards from it?

Top Bottom