Hearthstone

AndyM03

Decided to play Hearthstone a bit and do an arena run. Drafted a meh Warlock and an hour later I was 10-3. I was so encouraged by my results I then drafted a Rogue... It was the worst draft I've even seen and I don't even want to play the deck.

My only legendary choice I got was between three shitty ones and the best option was Madam Goya...
The good 'ol "I'll just play Arena for a couple of minutes" And then multiple hours are gone. It's easily the most addicting game mode.

The Hound

Just Monika
Somehow pulled off 3-2 with that shitty rogue, I've never seen a draft that bad.

And yea I'm looking forward to them adding to it, it's by far the best part of Hearthstone.

13thforsworn

wowcrendor and Rob have played two more rounds of gimmick decks since I posted about the last video.

Frozen Throne expansion:

Kobolds and Catacombs expansion:

The Hound

Just Monika
I swear I have the worst luck with that dungeon run thing, I had a great deck today and rushed through all the bosses until I got to the last one which absolutely destroyed me. All my minions had permanent stealth and +1/+1 and of course I had to run into the end boss that always targets A Random Enemy Minion.... Fuck.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Yeah, I've gotta say - dungeon run sometimes feels like a total fucking crapshoot. Sometimes you get a shit deck and are just fucked from the start, sometimes your deck is awesome but gets countered by a specific boss you run into. The boss you ran into feels the worst for it, because it can be a complete shitshow depending on the cards generated by its hero power.

The Hound

Just Monika
I finally beat it, and it was stupid easy and I beat the final boss on turn 6... Frustrating how easy that was.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Just gonna guess - you went Wondrous Wand into C'thun?

I ask because I've had a similar experience, and despite being pretty gross it's oddly satisfying. Just like "fuck you, cheating dungeon run bosses, get got".

The Hound

Just Monika
Yup, plus the doubled battlecries, so by turn 6 my Cthun was already a 24/24 or something disgusting and took out most of his health.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Just started playing this game a couple days ago to see what all the fuss was about. Went straight from tutorial into trying to beat a dungeon run with pally. Took me over a hundred boss fights before I finally managed it - actually pretty easily - with a focus on dragons and control cards.

Then I went to ranked, because even though I've basically got fuck all cards to build a deck with, Tirin assured me that there were no half-decent or better decks below rank 20 and I could only climb until then anyway. True enough, as it happens, but I started having some trouble at 19 and just called it there. Gonna disenchant some golds now, custom-build something good. Ish.

Started another dungeon run as priest, lost badly, tried again, won easily. Went for spell cost reduction and heavy control focus, just mind controlled everything the Candle couldn't kill for the last couple fights. It was completely stupid.

Anyway, off to deck build. Guessing I'll have a couple thousand dust from the disenchanting to start with - gimme some thoughts on what would be real good value to start with? (For paladin, of course. Because being righteous > being meta.)

EDIT: Never mind, scratch that, turns out all my golds are basics and can't be disenchanted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom