Hearthstone

AndyM03

You get a guarenteed pack every time and then other rewards based on how good you do, such as a golden card, gold, or dust. The better you do the more rewards you get and better rewards too. I find the mode a lot of fun so there's that too.

The Hound

Just Monika
Here's what your friend means, for 150 gold you get an arena run which even if you don't win a single game gives you 1 card pack which you would have paid 100 for, now if you do well at about 3 wins you're guaranteed at least over the value of 150 gold so you've already made back your investment. At 7 wins you get enough gold to buy another Arena run outright on top of the pack you get and on top of any dust it decides to give you. So if you're decent at Arena you can keep going for quite awhile while accruing a ton of card packs, gold and dust (and sometimes at the higher win marks another pack and sometimes gold cards).

I personally made most of gains from Tavern Brawls, Arena, and lastly a bit from Ranked play but that's definitely the least profitable.

Oh and Andy if you were going to craft any card pre an expansion Tirion is probably the best, I certainly don't regret crafting my Tirion.

13thforsworn

Okay, makes sense now. But what is Tavern Brawl? That game mode didn't exist when I briefly dabbled in Hearthstone.

The Hound

Just Monika
It's a game mode with a random rule set that changes out every few days, one of the more fun ones are where your deck is filled with Unstable Portals and all hell breaks loose. The reason it's such a good money maker is that often times it doesn't make you make a deck and will instead just provide you with one so lets say you have a Daily Quest for a class you hate or don't have a deck for (that can win in ranked play at least) well this allows you to quickly breeze through those quests.

Some are fun, most kind of suck like this weeks one where not only did you have to build your own deck but it had tons of limitations on it. The only positive to this weeks one was that most people were too stupid to build a decent deck in it themselves so for the first few hours before net decks flooded in it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

13thforsworn

It's a game mode with a random rule set that changes out every few days, one of the more fun ones are where your deck is filled with Unstable Portals and all hell breaks loose. The reason it's such a good money maker is that often times it doesn't make you make a deck and will instead just provide you with one so lets say you have a Daily Quest for a class you hate or don't have a deck for (that can win in ranked play at least) well this allows you to quickly breeze through those quests.

Some are fun, most kind of suck like this weeks one where not only did you have to build your own deck but it had tons of limitations on it. The only positive to this weeks one was that most people were too stupid to build a decent deck in it themselves so for the first few hours before net decks flooded in it was like shooting fish in a barrel.
I'm assuming it's a free game mode since it's so wacky and RNG?

13thforsworn

So I played some Hearthstone today with essentially a basic mage deck with some cars swapped out here and there. I think I went 3-2. One of the matches I lost was super close, our HP mirrored each other the entire game. Came down to 3 hp vs 3 hp and he drew a 6/5 goblin rocket thing with charge (the only card in his hand). :/ Such is Hearthstone. On the flip side, I came back in a match when I cleared his board at 2 HP and had enough cards on my side to kill his 14 HP hero on the next turn.

So I've been mostly concentrating on board clearing. I almost always kill their monsters before I attack their hero. I find that always keeping their board clean and having at least one monster on my side up at all times has let me win more games than I've lost. I've comeback despite them hammering my hero early in the game several times already because they never keep anything alive on their side.

Where do I go from here. Should I stick with mage and learn that, or try a different class? Is there any class a new player should try after playing mage?

AndyM03

You've got the right idea mate. Health is just a resource, control of the board is a must.
Depends on that cards you have I reckon. Changing class after anyone one for ages really breathes life back into the game if you feel it becoming stagnant.

Rondait

I played a little bit a long time ago, but this new set actually looks interesting so I guess I"ll play again. Currently playing rogue just to get to 20 so I can have the new card back. Will probably invest 50 bucks into the new set which will be the first time I've spent money on the game, so we'll see how that goes.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Beat all of the single-player bots, on both difficulties, win your weekly Tavern Brawl, and I've heard that you get five packs each when you reach two and seven wins after standard drops with the Old Gods expansion.

AndyM03

All players will receive Cthun as well. Either in those packs or straight away separately.

13thforsworn

So I beat all the bosses and challenges for the Arachnid Quarter in the Curse of Naxxramas raid adventure. Are the card rewards that I got any good? Maexxna looks pretty decent. Any way to fit that into a mage deck?

AndyM03

Haunted Creeper and Nerubian egg are the top dogs in that one. Maexxna isn't as good as she appears.

coolpool2

Savage AF
The Original Gangster
So I'm at a loss at what kind of decks to make.

I've been only playing mech decks since goblins vs gnomes.

What will I do without Foe Reaper 4000?

Rondait

Before the server kicked me off and I had to go to work I built a basic C'thun priest deck. Ironically though the priest legendary is the only one I unpacked but I don't have any cards worth duplicating so I still leave it out of my deck.

Top Bottom