Continuous It's About Time [CYOA]

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Danny, to cement it.

Requiem

I think once I get to about ~4 votes, I'll start writing the post. If it gets more in that time, I'll change it up before posting, but usually 4 will be my go to number.

So, Danny it is. Post incoming.

Requiem

Who is in the alley with Art?

Danny - 3 (Lotus, Stealthy, Easy)
13th - 1 (Tirin)
Requiem - 1 (Artist "The New Jesus" Unknown)

- - -
The light clicked off in an instant to reveal the face of Danny. Art never really got the chance to meet the guy, but he'd heard good things. Other than his reputation for something about pizza parties and blood moons, the guy was a stranger to Art. At least he recognized his face compared to the bank teller.

"We should be running, right?" Art said as he stared down at the bomb.

"Oh definitely. You've still got time if you'd like to go." Danny stepped toward the bomb and aimed his flashlight at it.

"And let you try and defuse a bomb with a flashlight? Good luck with that. No, I'm staying." Art looked back at the bomb, unsure of where to start. There was no timer on the thing, so judging when it would go off was anyone's guess. Art began to sweat.

"Well, are you going to defuse it or not?" Danny asked. He was smiling at Art and twiddling his flashlight between his fingers. It was a very odd looking flashlight, that much was certain. He seemed very attached to it and all the while still smiling that odd smile.

"How can you be so calm? This is a bomb!"

"Nice rhyming aside, I'm in no hurry. And who said it was a bomb anyways?" Danny looked back at the device as it started to click louder and faster.

"You said it was a bomb! Like a second ago!"

"That's true, that's very true." Danny nodded. "You're the one who took me at my word though." The device clicked louder. It clicked fast enough that it began to sound like one continuous beep. Then, just as Art was sure it would explode, it stopped. The beeping became a quiet, dull whine. The device opened and a strange, green substance began to twinkle out of the opening. Danny pointed his flashlight at the green twinkling substance and its beam became heavy, almost solid in a way. It pushed the substance back into the device, but not before it pushed back against the light.

"Go ahead and shut it now, if you could." Danny's smile was gone now. He was focused on keeping the substance from getting out into the alley and it proved to be a challenge.

Art, gingerly and carefully, pushed the opening on the device back together. As he did, the dull whine stopped and the device appeared inactive.

"Very good, thank you, Art." Danny picked up the device and lobbed it back and forth between his hands. He stared at the young man for a moment and then said, "Well, good night." He quickly turned and with a swish of his coat began walking out of the alley.

Art was unsure of what to do next. That device was definitely strange, probably dangerous. It was his job as an admin to keep the forum safe (when he wasn't toying around in his shop), but wasn't that what he had done by helping Danny stop... whatever that was? Maybe letting him have the device wasn't such a good idea, especially since he still had no idea what it was. Not to mention whatever that flashlight was. That bank teller was also a bit of a problem since he was the one who tried to set off the device.

He could follow after Danny and see where he took the device or he could try and pick up the trail of the mysterious bank teller. He could always just go home though.

Art decided to...

- - -
Art decides to:

Follow Danny
Try to find the teller
Just go home

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Follow Danny, yo. Let him know about the teller, since he seems a lot more in the know about whatever's going on.

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It'd be more fitting for me to just give up and go home and I am curious to see what would happen, but I'm gonna go with everyone else and say to follow Danny.

Requiem

No choice is wrong! If y'all wanna go with Danny though, I'm down with that. I'll give it a little bit longer.

Steal Thy Kill

I'm kinda inclined to swap to going home, considering I think that may actually be more IC and we are kinda trying to establish Artist as a character here.

Requiem

I'm gonna pull a Jeroth and have you guys confirm your votes from now on with bolded text, if you wouldn't mind.

Requiem

Art decides to:

Just go home - 4 (Artist, Stealthy, Null, Lotus)
Follow Danny - 1 (Tirin)

- - -
Artist followed Danny out of the alleyway. He watched the man continue to bounce the device between his hands, rhythmically, almost deliberately. For a moment, he wanted to follow him and see what he was going to do with the device. Instead... he just went home. He had done his job and helped keep the forum safe for another night. All that was left for the evening would be to get some sleep, perhaps poke around his admin panel for a while.

The walk home was uneventful, but every step he took, Art felt as though something was watching him. It was an odd feeling. The forum never usually made him feel so spooked, but tonight was a different night. The usual teller at the bank hadn't been there and the one who was seemed to know him in some way. The man certainly knew his way through the forum itself though, considering how quickly he had vanished after setting up that device. Danny showing up with his flashlight was surprising as well. What even was that?

All things considered, the forum was operating on a different kind of energy. Something was in the air. What it was, Art just didn't know.

Above the admin, following him in rapid succession across rooftop after rooftop, a familiar face watched and waited.

- - -
As he entered his home, Art dropped his bag onto the couch in the living room. He moved quickly to the fridge, opened it, and looked for food. He pushed a novelty bag of gummy dicks to the side (hoping to use them as a prank on Recon eventually) and grabbed deli meat, mayo, and cheese. He'd make a quick sandwich, head upstairs, give his admin panel a look, then crash.

Taking the sandwich with him, he opened his mouth to take a bite, only to be stopped in his tracks by the sight of a figure at the top of the stairs. The night wasn't over just yet.

He stared at the figure, unsure of what to do next. If they were dangerous, they weren't making the first move. If they wanted to talk, they weren't saying anything. If they wanted some of his sandwich, they'd have to get their own. He was sure he'd left his admin panel in his bag on the couch... but then again, maybe he left it at the shop. There was an umbrella by the door, but what good would an umbrella be against an intruder? He had to think fast.

He'd have to...

- - -
What does Art do?

Attack the figure directly
Reach for the umbrella
Run to the bag
Talk to the figure
Take a bite out of the sandwich
Custom Option

Last edited:

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Take a bite out of the sandwich.
Obviously witnessing the way I eat will sicken the intruder to the point of death or serious injury.

Also I'm disappointed that there's no option to throw the bag of gummy dicks at the intruder.

Requiem

Take a bite out of the sandwich.
Obviously witnessing the way I eat will sicken the intruder to the point of death or serious injury.

Also I'm disappointed that there's no option to throw the bag of gummy dicks at the intruder.
That's a good point. It's back in the kitchen, still in the fridge, but I'll add a custom option if anyone wants to do that.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
Sandwiches are shit, and bread is a waste of time. Talk to whoever this is, maybe try to get a hold of the admin cp while you're at it.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Sandwiches are great, and bread is incredibly time-efficient. Take a bite out of the sandwich. I mean, he was going to anyway. Should he really stop with that just because some asshole shows up on his staircase?

Top Bottom