Continuous It's About Time [CYOA]

Requiem

What does Art do?

Take a bite out of the sandwich - 3 (Stealthy, Artist, Easy)
Talk to the figure - 1 (Tirin)

- - -
Art let his nerves calm themselves by taking a bite out of his sandwich. Instead of running from the figure or trying to fight them, he merely kept on doing what he wanted. The mayo from the sandwich squirted out of the bottom of it and landed on the ground with a rather loud splat! Art ignored this (though truth be told, he was a little upset at the wasted condiment). Instead, he just kept eating as though there were no figure facing him down in his own home. The sandwich was devoured within a few sickening bites, but the smack of Art's teeth and lips as he savored each bite was stomach wrenching. A sloppy sandwich for a sloppy boy.

"Are you finished?" The figure called down to him.

"One second." He reached down to scoop a fingerful of mayo off the ground and slipped it into his mouth. He popped his finger out with a comical smacking noise and sighed contentedly. Come into Art's house and act like a creep? Not if Art's disgusting eating habits had anything to say about it.

"Now I'm done." The young man walked over to the couch and grabbed his bag. "Are you gonna do anything or are you gonna keep standing there?"

"I'd throw up, but that's for fuckin' jags." The figure stepped down the stairs and revealed himself to be none other than Tirin, the resident master of time. "I swear to God, don't you ever eat another sandwich in front of me."

"Yeah? Why not?" Art reached into his bag, hoping to find his admin panel. He was okay with Tirin. He felt safe digging through his bag, so long as he didn't piss the time traveler off. Other than controlling time, Tirin was also one of the mods under him and Recon. They were on the same side of keeping the forum safe, far as Art could tell.

Ignoring his question, Tirin asked, "Have you seen Danny tonight?"

"Yeah, I saw him after dropping off my money at the bank." Sitting down on the couch, Art found his admin panel at the bottom of the bag. It was a transparent square, about the size of a small tablet. He placed his palm on the front cover of the admin panel. It quickly scanned his palm and finger prints, then fitted itself like a glove around his hand.

"Did you see anyone else at the bank?"

"Some guy, I don't know. Never seen him around before, especially since we barely get new members here, let alone visitors." He swiped his gloved hand through the air and a list of names popped up. "If he's a member, we should be able to just search for him here."

"Do it." Tirin had moved from the stairs to the couch, deciding to stay standing rather than sit. Who knew how dirty that couch really was?

"Who's the admin here again?" Art asked, but he did it anyways. Whatever Tirin wanted to know was what Art wanted to know. There was no sense beating around the bush. He pressed the search command and ran it for any new members over the last week. No new members. He searched the last few months, same result. A few names popped up, but they had been cleared as either old members with new accounts or friends of other members who were around for a moment before leaving altogether.

"No new members?" Tirin asked.

"No new members."

"You said it was a guy you saw, but I want you to try searching specific names. I made a list. Could be any of these people." Tirin handed a scrap of paper to Art. On it were a list of names he had never seen before.

Art typed in the name of...

- - -
What name does Art search first?

Bailey
reaprar
Celestria
Sugar
mastermind
Jerach

(You'll get to search multiple names. I'll do a few small posts to include each name we choose as we go through, but we won't be doing every name. The older people might have some insight to give to Art when it comes to choosing who to search for.)

Artistunknown

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
With a name like mastermind they must be important, right? I'd search that first, because I'm an idiot.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Don't search any of them, this man is clearly an impostor. Search for the real Tirin, instead.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
This guy's dialogue isn't in teal, so I can't give him full credit as me yet. Don't trust him.

Search mastermind, though certainly you'll want to search reaprar and Sugar later on.

Requiem

I'll go back and edit Tirin's dialogue. You tend to forget important formatting details when you're writing at 3 or 4 in the morning, lol. It is Tirin, however.

Steal Thy Kill

It's a guy, so it's not Sugar. Go mastermind then reaprar. Failing that... I guess Bailey?

Last edited:

Requiem

Remember to bold your votes, please! Makes it easier for me!

Also, just to point it out, Tirin mentions that "You said it was a guy, but it could be anyone on this list", so don't assume the teller can't be one of the females on the list!

Requiem

What name does Art search first?

mastermind - 4 (Artist, Tirin, Thunder, Stealthy)
reaprar - 2 (Tirin, Stealthy)
Bailey - 2 (Coolpool, Stealthy)
Sugar - 1 (Tirin)

- - -
"I'll try this mastermind shit," Art said as he typed the name into the search bar. The display loaded quickly, revealing an account he had never seen before. There was no avatar on display, nor any contact information. It was essentially a dead account. "Huh... well fuck."

"What?" Tirin leaned in closer.

"Look at the date on this account. It says it joined on December 31st, 1969." He tapped a quick command into the panel. "The account's only been around for a few months though. They're probably hiding the info we need around some fucked codes within the forum."

"It wouldn't surprise me. Try the next name."

Art typed in the name of reaprar. The name annoyed him somehow, though he'd never met the guy. As he did, the admin panel went static for a moment. Not unusual, but very rare for the panel to have a technical malfunction like that. Just as before, the account opened. The date was set to December 31st, 1969, but this time, there was an avatar on display.

"There it is." Tirin made a move for the door, but stopped as Art spoke up.

"This isn't him. I'd remember the face, this wasn't the guy. Something's fucked with the member sign up shit if they can just get in without us knowing."

"Try one more name then."

He typed in Bailey's name. The panel went static once again, this time for longer. Once the snow cleared on the display, a fully detailed account appeared. "This is him. April 22nd, 2016. He didn't run his own account through those fuckin' codes, that shitass." Art stared at the face in the avatar before him. He squinted, sure it was the same guy, but something felt... off.

"Get some sleep, I'll handle the rest o-..." Tirin's voice cut off as a burst of sound blew through the house. Art ran to one of the front door windows, the admin panel shut itself off. He flung back a curtain and saw near the outskirts of the forum a rising column of green dust, similar in color to what was coming out of the device in the alley earlier in the night. "That son of a bitch Danny." Tirin vanished in an instant, Art completely unaware he had even disappeared until a few seconds after.

"We should get..." He turned to see that Tirin was already gone, sighed, then grabbed his stuff once again. The admin panel still wrapped around his hand like a glove, Art stepped out of his house and waved his hand. In a moment, the panel appeared briefly in front of him again before reassembling itself into a light bike of sorts. Revving the engine, Art prepared to leave, ready to assist in handling whatever had happened on the outskirts of town. As he did, in the corner of his eye he saw the teller, the forumer, Bailey. The two stared at one another before Bailey turned on his heel and ran.

Art revved the engine and...

- - -
Art drives off towards...

The column of green dust
Bailey

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Yup, definitely an impostor.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Oh, he can go back in time and fix his mistakes well enough. But then, the story is about time. Can't be trusting this lying bastard at all.

Easy

Right Honorable Justice
Plus: one moment he's not even speaking in teal, the next moment, he's been speaking in teal all along. Obvious shenanigans.

Tirin

God-Emperor of Tealkind
You coded the colors wrong, Req, and I fixed 'em 'cause I assumed it wasn't on purpose.

Top Bottom