Continuous Mafia Sign-Ups & Discussion Mega Thread

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
I think I've caught up - let me know if I missed anything. I added some tags and also tossed up a statistics portion of the game for the more serious/balanced-ish games.

@Colonel Thunder has his own poop archives for his poop games.

Jeroth

Mach Ambassador
If they don't by the time I get off work today, I'll make my light and fluffy joke mafia.
I'd recommend holding off on that, just because of how close your game is. It is the weekend and folks have stuff to do. If either one of them doesn't get it up in time, then we'll just have to cycle from the game list. Who knows - you may be putting up your MTG game.

Steal Thy Kill

Okay so I wanna crowdsource this shit.

For DBZA mafia I'm considering integrating a power levelish mechanic. It'd be some sort of mix of LP and Power from Lotus's game, but it would in no way affect lynching. Krillin's lynch will be worth as much as Goku's, and if you hit a majority, you die no matter who's lynched you. Any increases in Power Level are on a set track. Most roles will have some sort of fight mechanic. You're not likely to die if you pick a bad target. I mean, I haven't worked out the specifics, but maybe a Yamcha vs Vegeta thing would go pretty badly. If Piccolo and Gohan wind up fighting by accident, they won't waste each other at the expense of the town. Keep in mind that targeting one way is different than the other. Decking Freeza won't kill you. Probably. But if Freeza's coming after you, then you're probably fucked. Alternatively, Power Levels will act as a sort of resistance thing. Or something. idk suggestions would be nice.

Then Xiaolin Showdown, of course, would not be complete without actual Showdowns. Best idea I have atm is that each character will have set stats D&D style. Dex, Str, Wis, Int or so. Each showdown would be a random test of one of these stats. Various characters would get a starting Shen Gong Wu, and the rest would show up in stages. Individuals can hold a max of two, and mafia can only have like two extras total I'm thinking. The Wu would be the providers of the night/day actions/effects, and would do some sort of stat boosts for the Showdowns. So the Fist of Tebigong will punch the shit out of people, while also giving a Strength bonus.

idk. I may think of better ideas later but this is where I'm at.

Dunsparce

Dragon Ballsy Mafia: I never watched it as a kid, so I probably won't join the game.

Xiaolin Showdown Mafia: That's a show I actually did watch. Here's hoping I get Hannibal Roy Bean.

PokeMafia: You better fucking have Dunsparce in it. And yes, I'll probably join. I never actually played a Pokemon game, but my brother's into it, so I know a bit about it through social osmosis.

Steal Thy Kill

Dragon Ballsy Mafia: I never watched it as a kid, so I probably won't join the game.

Xiaolin Showdown Mafia: That's a show I actually did watch. Here's hoping I get Hannibal Roy Bean.

PokeMafia: You better fucking have Dunsparce in it. And yes, I'll probably join. I never actually played a Pokemon game, but my brother's into it, so I know a bit about it through social osmosis.
Oh no, it's not Dragonball Z, it's Dragonball Z Abridged. Big difference. Season 1 is kinda rough barring, like, Nappa, but the Namek Saga/Season 2 gets pretty great. Do recommend. I plan on making the game appropriately lulzy, and am waffling on how much I throw out balance to do that.

Top Bottom