NHL Hockey Talk

Shadow

Banned
I'm just disappointed that we're going to see another great player destroyed by the Oilers organization.

The Hound

Just Monika
I feel bad for the NHL, it would be nice if one of these "studs" went to a team where A. somebody payed attention to them and B. someone developed them into great players.

I feel bad for the Leafs, nothing ever goes their way.

13thforsworn

Bruins fired Chiarelli, if I was the Leafs I'd be at his doorstep this instant begging him come on. He'd be their first competent GM in years and they could get him to stop killing them from the other side on trades. (Though he's been pretty good at killing his own team recently on trades)
Oilers picked him up.

The Hound

Just Monika
Yea I don't blame him, I would rather go to the Oilers than the Leafs. Looks like the Bruins might get something for the Oilers hiring him, possibly a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Shadow

Banned
I heard when they fired Randy Carlyle that they were planning to go after Babcock in the offseason by offering him a crapton of money (something like double what a coach normally earns) in order to convince him to coach the Leafs.

Unless Shanahan can succeed in blowing the team up over the summer and restarting completely, I can't see Babcock wanting the job. There's no way the current group has a hope in hell of going anywhere, especially if they still that cancer Dion Phaneuf on the team. Not even Babcock can salvage that mess.

He'd be better off going to San Jose. At least they're still decent.

The Hound

Just Monika
I don't know I think the Leafs have a better future than the Sharks, lots of old guys playing key roles for San Jose. If they can trade Kessel and Dion they'd be in decent shape especially if they can get a few defensive studs/decent draft picks. Then just build that D, to protect what should be two decent goaltenders. Babcock and Shanny definitely have what it would take to get the Leafs respectable again.

The Hound

Just Monika
I'd be fine with either Western Conference team, fuck the Habs and Rangers let the inferior conference win it again.

The Hound

Just Monika
Damn 8 Years is crazy, but they finally have a quality coach. My concern is they've been so quick to fire coaches in the past will they have patience if the team struggles for a bit while Babcock/Shanny get rid of all the trash on the team. Well I guess they won't have much choice.

13thforsworn

Damn 8 Years is crazy, but they finally have a quality coach. My concern is they've been so quick to fire coaches in the past will they have patience if the team struggles for a bit while Babcock/Shanny get rid of all the trash on the team. Well I guess they won't have much choice.
Babcock has won 3 Stanley Cups. I would think they'd give him the time to make a quality squad before they do anything rash.

Top Bottom