Nostalgia Thread

Ibix

I remember when I posted way more, regardless of that, it was typically less-than saying nothing.

Oh yeah, and forum drama, how I miss the entertaining stupidity.
I'm nostalgic for when Rob made videos that didn't make me embarrassed to be a member of the human race.

I just sat though this whole video and I think I'm more nostalgic for two minute ago.

13thforsworn

Some more things I found on my photobucket and ancient iPod Touch V3.

Screenshots right before the second interation of the Urealms website (there were three in total I think) was taken down.

Bloodmourne Vile's art, with some critically important modifications by me.

From a war long passed.

Back when TF2 was the hypest shit on the planet.

TC banging Rob's sister confirmed.

TC and Nifty's wedding anniversary pixel art. (Top to bottom, left to right: Nifty Ninja, TC, 13th, Regis, Andyman, Maretocks, Firedemon, Tirin, Guvnorium).

Last edited:

Firedemon

Also, we had the best forum war by far.

Until we called it off because Jesus it was a lot of work. I still haven't finished the short story series version of it I said I would do. I think TC accepted he would never do anything magnificent and copped out by just posting a summary of where the RP was going. Which reminds me, I had started working on making a Java applet game which was going to be set either in the Get the Cookie RP universe or the War universe. I figured whichever I didn't have as the main game would get a little nod in some kind of Easter Egg levels or something because I actually really liked both ideas. Time constraints have prevented me from working on it much as of late. The game would have been a tactical turn based strategy game, akin to XCOM or Fire Emblem.

Chickenspleen

I still plan to start up a mini-RP like I had on the Urealms forums some day. I was planning to continue the overarching story I had going on back then, but I don't really remember what happened to who anymore.

Colonel Thunder

Renowned Blunderer & Dishonorary Czech
Honestly, I'm very pleased and surprised that we were even able to finish a single Act of the Forum War.

And I love how, due to the nature of the war rising to RP levels, Firedemon and I were forced to cooperate a whole lot in order for our war to be successful.

Firedemon

I think we spent almost as much time planning between and during Acts as we did actually progressing the RP.

Which reminds me, I realized quite some time after the RP that, despite all the time I spent thinking about how the story would go, Nifty and I separately came up with the same plot device and created a small plot hole when Sonya was returned to Thunderclawnia. See, Nifty came to me to suggest a system of gods and stuffs and a little bit of lore, which was relevant to her character. The universe was created by gods called "Creators" and these gods were eventually overthrown and by some of their power hungry creations. I liked it and rolled with it and came up with a plot device of "Creator Essences". Basically, in the universe there were fragments or essences of Creators trapped inside normal objects (The Overlord's armor was actually a vessel for a very important Creator Essence) and unbeknownst to me, Nifty's character had one. I'm very confident that the sword she used was a Creator Essence, though she may have called it something else. The thing is, The Overlord is not actually a demon, he's something much more ancient that knows a lot about Creator Essences. The amulet being retrieved from the Ogden Temple in the first act, by The Overlord's request, was a Creator Essence. The thing Lathas was doing off in Sydun was to retrieve a Creator Essence. So if Nifty's sword was a Creator Essence, The Overlord should have instantly known and kept it for himself, but Sonya was returned with her sword and the rest of her belongings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom